Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Support the Matty James Sponsorship Raffle

Yeah you can keep mine as a donation too.

Come on guys I thought there was going to be loads of interest in this!

If you're thinking of donating after payday or something like that then maybe let Mark know somehow?

Unless there's a massive increase in participants very quickly I think Mark will be refunding people. I'm a little surprised by the lack of involvement by some of the most prolific posters and long time members who've had great service from this forum.

But hey it's free country.

It's an appalling effort really when you read who's donated then see how many of them are (not) the more regular posters. As someone has said though, wait til the end of July at least.

It's an appalling effort really when you read who's donated then see how many of them are (not) the more regular posters. As someone has said though, wait til the end of July at least.

I can't as I need to let the club know by this Friday - reason being there are other companies interested in sponsoring the player and I can only have him reserved for so long... and as it stands I'm paying £2,000 towards it which isn't possible! Thanks to everyone who has taken part but it's likely you will receive a refund this week as promised, it was worth a go at least.

I can't as I need to let the club know by this Friday - reason being there are other companies interested in sponsoring the player and I can only have him reserved for so long... and as it stands I'm paying £2,000 towards it which isn't possible! Thanks to everyone who has taken part but it's likely you will receive a refund this week as promised, it was worth a go at least.

Dunno how people would feel about keeping it in a kitty and running it throughout the season and getting a player next year? Appreciate that may be difficult with people thinking money was going to a player this year or they got a refund etc.

I don't mean to be rude but when these people surrendered their five pounds I'd describe their action as a purchase rather than a donation.

I'm just guessing of course but I'd imagine their main reason for donating was to win one of the prizes rather than to support the forum. Especially those who, as mentioned, haven't been on the forum very long and would seem less likely to give money.

Shocking. Can you not take up that blokes offer on his company having part sponsorship?

If I find £10 back in my account I'll donate it to the website but if you're able to do it yourself then do so.

Dunno how people would feel about keeping it in a kitty and running it throughout the season and getting a player next year? Appreciate that may be difficult with people thinking money was going to a player this year or they got a refund etc.

Yeh or this. I can't believe anyone who has donated is that hard up to now miss the money they've put in.

You may already have done but is it worth sending an email out to everyone to try and drum up some more support?

I can only guess that the majority of our members haven't aren't aware of what you are doing?

are you interested in a shameless plug for my company?

if your are willing to do a joint sponsorship then i would offer to make up the shortfall should you fail to make 2k

on the basis it is matty james or another decent player.

for the record i will buy personal raffle tickets but would require no tickets for the above offer.

Mark...

I don't mean to be rude but when these people surrendered their five pounds I'd describe their action as a purchase rather than a donation.

And that is the reason Mark has already said they will get a refund.

I guess there will be some people who will want a refund and some that won't which makes doing it as a running total for next season or any of the other ideas a little difficult to adminstrate. Would have to contact every person who donated, etc.

As it happens I think Babylon's idea is a good one and would happily leave my money in. Come next season I'm pretty sure you'd have all the money. Raising it in a couple of weeks was always going to be tricky.

And that is the reason Mark has already said they will get a refund.

Yes but that doesn't detract from the idea that some posters, especially those who have got less service from this forum, may have donated money primarily to win one of the prizes on offer.

Yes but that doesn't detract from the idea that some posters, especially those who have got less service from this forum, may have donated money primarily to win one of the prizes on offer.

What is your point? Mark has said he will refund everyone.

Guest MattP

Unless there's a massive increase in participants very quickly I think Mark will be refunding people. I'm a little surprised by the lack of involvement by some of the most prolific posters and long time members who've had great service from this forum.

But hey it's free country.

To be fair I've only just seen it, many others won't be aware I'd bet.

What is your point? Mark has said he will refund everyone.

I'm saying those who haven't been here long perhaps aren't so interested in supporting the site and have paid their money in order to win one of the prizes on offer. I just think the praise they're getting for 'donating' their money could be a little misplaced, that's all.

I really don't understand why this refund point keeps getting brought up, yes it means everyone's money is safe but how does that influence people's reason for donating? I've said that I believe the 'younger' posters are possibly donating only to win a prize so the fact there will be a refund actually reinforces my point that people may only be in it for the prizes on offer. They know that they're guaranteed to have a chance of winning.

Archived