Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Nugent

Really curious about people's opinions of Nuge.

Seen quite a bit of criticism of him recently in various threads. People saying they'd put Waggy in front of him in the pecking order.

Really? Am I missing something?

Ok so he's not always prolific and can put in a poor performance every now and again but I think in general he's been a great signing for us.

He's honest, hardworking, has a touch of class and seems to genuinely love playing for us. He has also scored some very important goals for us.

I don't know if he rubs people up the wrong way by always having a smile on his face even when things aren't going so well but i think he deserves a lot more credit than he's getting recently

I like him, a good player who always tries his best. And he has scored a lot of important goals last season (Mboro and Wolves spring to mind), plus his goal againt Forest at home was superb.

Think we over-play him though, in the last two seasons by the time it got to the final stages he look knackered and his form suffered.

Seen quite a bit of criticism of him recently in various threads. People saying they'd put Waggy in front of him in the pecking order.

Ok so he's not always prolific and can put in a poor performance every now and again but I think in general he's been a great signing for us.

He's honest, hardworking, has a touch of class and seems to genuinely love playing for us. He has also scored some very important goals for us.

I don't know if he rubs people up the wrong way by always having a smile on his face even when things aren't going so well but think i deserves a lot more credit than he's getting recently

I'm sorry - I must have missed the "Moronic Views" thread!!!

My only criticism on Nuge is that a man with his ability should score more. Last season he was set for 20+ in Jan but slumped horribly before coming to the party in the playoffs.

I like him, a good player who always tries his best. And he has scored a lot of important goals last season (Mboro and Wolves spring to mind), plus his goal againt Forest at home was superb.

Think we over-play him though, in the last two seasons by the time it got to the final stages he look knackered and his form suffered.

Very good point

I'm sorry - I must have missed the "Moronic Views" thread!!!

My only criticism on Nuge is that a man with his ability should score more. Last season he was set for 20+ in Jan but slumped horribly before coming to the party in the playoffs.

Its in the Waggy to Millwall thread

Waghorn in front of Nugent lol lol

Nugent is a good player, works hard for the team. Probably our hardest working player along with Vardy. Decent in the air, can finish and on his day can be a great striker for any team in the division. Miles ahead of Waghorn. 

Too many write waggy off. He was playing out his skin before xmas til he was replaced by wood.

Still, Nugent is better.

Oh yeah it wasn't a dig at waghorn I just don't think you can compare them.

Waggy is a decent squad player and in a few games last season almost looked unplayable

Hard to partner but usually good up till the new year. 2 years running he's gone missing around Jan/Feb. It's usually when he starts talking about hitting 20 goals for the first time. Combined with Lloyd hibernating, we start to look a bit blunt in attack. We need a decent 3rd option up front in case it happens again.

Definite starter up till January though, injury permitting

I don't know if he rubs people up the wrong way by always having a smile on his face even when things aren't going so well but i think he deserves a lot more credit than he's getting recently

In each of his two seasons he's been our top scorer at this level over the past decade (since we were relegated with Premiership side & Dickov) add that to the humungous shifts Nugent puts in as a team player - anyone singling Nugent out is an idiot!

16 goals in each of his two seasons is a decent return.

He does tend to have spells where he stops scoring, not a natural finisher, but his all-round game is very useful and we need him in the squad at least.

Nuge is our best striker, I dont think anybody can really argue that.

Absolutely. Not only our best striker now, but his goal return is the best at this level since Dickov's 18 when we were relegated & retained all our Premiership players - And that's without mentioning how awesome a team player he is

Class player, good signing and scored important goals.. Still think we need another striker though a prolific one at that.

Chris Wood a full season with us he will score 20 odd goals Nugent about 16-20 what we need is a back up striker who will score about 10 goals maybe Vardy but not so sure he can do that.

Archived