Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Nugent

Chris Wood a full season with us he will score 20 odd goals Nugent about 16-20 what we need is a back up striker who will score about 10 goals maybe Vardy but not so sure he can do that.

I agree. And that's with out contributions from midfield and defence - the likes of King, Knockaert, Marshall etc are all capable of getting more than 5.

on what basis? He clearly wasn't fit at the end of the season but in Jan looked a world beater!?

Why play him if he wasn't fit.

Same applies to Drinkwater, Knockaert, Konchesky and Nugent, oh they were tired.

That's just an excuse, they shouldn't of been tired about February time, there were still just over two months of the season to be played. 

The class of goals he's scored for us is unreal looking back. The ones against Forest, Southampton and Derby (both last season and the one before) spring to mind, amongst others.

An on-form Nugent is Premiership quality. 'nuff said.

I like Nugent, top player on his day.

He is too inconsistent and I would be very surprised if he became a 20 goal a season player. 

Scores screamers, misses easier chances, works his socks off. He's kinda like a better Iain Hume on a lot more wages.

Same applies to Drinkwater, Knockaert, Konchesky and Nugent, oh they were tired.

That's just an excuse, they shouldn't of been tired about February time, there were still just over two months of the season to be played. 

If the player's weren't tired then who or what do you blame for our appalling run?

I like Nugent. Interestingly, every time I'm away working and mention to someone at a hotel / venue / wherever that I'm a City supporter they ALWAYS bring up that he's too good to be playing in the Championship.

He could score more, aye. But for me puts the effort in, and he can't do it all on his own. Him and Wood together for a whole season (plus pre season build up) should be decent.

I like Nugent. Interestingly, every time I'm away working and mention to someone at a hotel / venue / wherever that I'm a City supporter they ALWAYS bring up that he's too good to be playing in the Championship.

He could score more, aye. But for me puts the effort in, and he can't do it all on his own. Him and Wood together for a whole season (plus pre season build up) should be decent.

This.  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

the criticism posted on FT is not reflective of a wider view of the player- I am pretty certain of that. More  the solipsism afflicting some of the posters on the forum

I learned a new word today, thanks! Once I looked it up, I agree.

Absolutely quality player and would be one of the first names on the team sheet for me. Rare to have a player play with a smile on their face these days and it's refreshing to see, he works hard for the team and seems to love the club.

Quite comfortably the most overrated player in our squad. Bog standard average Championship player at best. His 2nd half of the season form was not even League 2 worthy. Hoping that NP favours a Wood-Schlupp partnership next season.

Of course he is an average Championship player, most of, if not all of, our squad is. That's why they play for a second tier club and not in the top flight. 

Nugent and Wood should be our strike force this season, I have seen nothing to indicate different. Fair play, Nugent went through a spell of not scoring, but I recall all of our players having the same form. Let's not forget he contributed a lot last season, and still scored 15 goals (maybe more) despite having an off spell.

I'm not saying I would have played Wood - but the staff obviously thought a 60-70% fit wood was our best option. There was talk of some knee injury before the first playoff leg?

I was funny that he got dragged bang on the hour in both Watford games. For me it was already decided that Kane would come on for last half hour and to just try and get something out of big Chris.

Quite comfortably the most overrated player in our squad. Bog standard average Championship player at best. His 2nd half of the season form was not even League 2 worthy. Hoping that NP favours a Wood-Schlupp partnership next season.

Tidy career for a L2 standard player to be fair

Yeah average that's why he has been our top scorer every season since he's been here. disabled.

Tidy career for a L2 standard player to be fair

Read my post again. His run of 0 goals in 16 games, which happened to coincide with our plummet down the table was a string of performances that I wouldn't deem worthy for a League 2 club. He offered nothing, created nothing, it's not even as if he was getting in positions or even missing chances! It was like playing with 10 men for those 16 games, anybody who says that his performances during that time weren't pathetic are complete and utter morons.

Yeah average that's why he has been our top scorer every season since he's been here. disabled.

And so was Iain Hume, whoop de ****ing do, don't prove nothing when you're the only out and out first choice striker. I'll put a lot of money on him not making it 3/3. 

Read my post again. His run of 0 goals in 16 games, which happened to coincide with our plummet down the table was a string of performances that I wouldn't deem worthy for a League 2 club. He offered nothing, created nothing, it's not even as if he was getting in positions or even missing chances! It was like playing with 10 men for those 16 games, anybody who says that his performances during that time weren't pathetic are complete and utter morons.

I think all players will have dips though (even if his was dramatic). having played myself, its impossible to perform to your optimum every week. It simply doesn't happen. I think he is better than average though. Average is Chris O'Grady. Nugent has a bit of class about him.

That run was the worst in his career, so a bit harsh to base your opinion of him on that poor run is a bit harsh.

Archived