Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Nugent

Read my post again. His run of 0 goals in 16 games, which happened to coincide with our plummet down the table was a string of performances that I wouldn't deem worthy for a League 2 club. He offered nothing, created nothing, it's not even as if he was getting in positions or even missing chances! It was like playing with 10 men for those 16 games, anybody who says that his performances during that time weren't pathetic are complete and utter morons.

Who else played well?

And so scoring 16 goals in a season makes you bang average right lol. If anyone else scored that amount you'd be saying he's good.

Read my post again. His run of 0 goals in 16 games, which happened to coincide with our plummet down the table was a string of performances that I wouldn't deem worthy for a League 2 club. He offered nothing, created nothing, it's not even as if he was getting in positions or even missing chances! It was like playing with 10 men for those 16 games, anybody who says that his performances during that time weren't pathetic are complete and utter morons.

Understand what you're saying but it was also his good form prior to that dip that got us into the automatic promotion places. Could've been a completely different outcome if he'd have carried on his first half of the season form into the second.

Think he's better than average personally. Hopefully next season he's a bit more consistent

The season before his form also dipped,I don't think the Nugent/Wood partnership works the reason being Nugent likes to drift outside the box rather than playing off Wood,If for some reason we don't sign a striker I would prefer Waggy or Vardy the chance to play alongside Wood as for me they would be more suited, it's a gamble i know as you just don't know what you are going to get,but i reckon they should be given one more chance to shine.

Who else played well?

And so scoring 16 goals in a season makes you bang average right lol. If anyone else scored that amount you'd be saying he's good.

This is so true!

We've all been saying for years that we need a striker 'who can score 15+ goals in a season', 'we haven't had that since Dickov' etc. We have two now; Nugent and Wood.

Who else played well?

Depends on how many were cup goals to be fair.

If there is one thing always guaranteed with nugent, its that he will put a shift in on the field. I cant recall even one occasion where ive thought hes not trying or not putting the effort in. I like him.

Nugent is a quality player, would get in most Championship squads for me. He's been our top scorer last couple of seasons and not any other striker in our squad works as hard as him, we will miss him in the first month of the season.

Best player in the team for me...needs better service, a decent and consistent partner and lots of support from the midfield but on his day the best player in the division and one of only two or three that could play in the Premier League

He's a very good player at this level, but he does have a frustrating habit of scoring in patches before going a few weeks without scoring.

I think the best way to describe Nugent would be as a jack of all trades, but master of none. He is good at most attributes needed for a striker, but exceptional at none of them. None the less, we would struggle to replace him with better at this level and he's definitely a good person to have around the squad.

I love the way that he can get hyped up for games that mean so much to him. E.g against Portsmouth & Norwich. Also that goal against Southampton is one of my favourite moments watching City over the last few years.

We're definitely a much stronger team with him than without him overall and we could do much worse.

Attack is where we are strongest, suggesting that Nugent is average is just bizarre, He's not consistent enought to hit 25-30 goals a season like Austin or Murray but he's certainly one of the better strikers in the championship.

With Nugent,Wood,Schlupp and any two of Waghorn/Vardy/Futacs we will score goals.

Amazed by people who think Nugent is poor or that his partnership with Wood can't or won't work!

In Woods first 4 games for us they looked brilliant together, admittedly they both went off the boil as did the entire team but I honestly think given the right service that they can be the best forward partnership in the division

Archived