Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leeds Fox

Praising Pearson... deserved?

Since when are you allowed one of those on here?! (Especially when it's not the same opinion as the majority)

Yeah I know, you always get people shouting people down on here when people blame refs for bad decisions/shit results.

I think it's pretty obvious from interviews that Nigel also regards the "business" part of his job important too.  I expect he is given a budget, or at the minimum constraints and then works within them.  Much like a lot of us do everyday in our jobs.  Comparing to Sven's reign is very different.  I think he just went out and said "I want player X", told them he could bring them in and to just give him the money to do it.  I really believe that he took advantage...wait, let me rephrase that, made the most, out of his situation and was told he could do what he liked and bring in who he liked.  I think the Thais and KP have learnt from this and hence went back to Nigel.  Remember, some of the clubs administration/board/management were still there and I'm sure they heard about how Nigel was. 

Times under Sven were exciting (like Martin Allen on steroids) but they were unsustainable.  Once results and promotion were no longer on the table, the experiment was ended.  Nigel, I'm sure has been given a tight leash with regards to spend and also with FFP, he has to be even more cost conscious (although I believe he would always be prudent, even without it - see previous tenure/time at Hull).  

I think he does deserve credit for what he's done but also within the limits he is under.  Is it exciting in terms of transfers?  No.  

True.
Shows just how very fooking average we have been for over a decade.

To respond to Col's post above.  Yes, we have been average but in his time here, we've got to the playoffs twice and won a division once.  Not bad for three full seasons.  Do I want better?  Yes.

To respond to Col's post above.  Yes, we have been average but in his time here, we've got to the playoffs twice and won a division once.  Not bad for three full seasons.  Do I want better?  Yes.

We all do but to be fair on NP.

He came in we had no money hgot us up still no money and to the play off's.

The money came and was spent then he returns and we manage the play off's again.

Is there really any better out there for the money I'm not so sure.

Times under Sven were exciting (like Martin Allen on steroids) but they were unsustainable. Once results and promotion were no longer on the table, the experiment

To respond to Col's post above. Yes, we have been average but in his time here, we've got to the playoffs twice and won a division once. Not bad for three full seasons. Do I want better? Yes.

Winning Division 3 doesn't count - we should never have even been there. It's the year that never was as far as I'm concerned.

Short memories how many points did we manage from how many games at the end of last season.A goldfish would have done better

He is a lucky boy to still be here FACT.Lets pray for a decent start and some imagination and reaction during the game.

We all do but to be fair on NP.

He came in we had no money hgot us up still no money and to the play off's.

The money came and was spent then he returns and we manage the play off's again.

Is there really any better out there for the money I'm not so sure.

I know. That was my point. I like what he's done and hope we CONTINUE to improve with the same team.

Winning Division 3 doesn't count - we should never have even been there. It's the year that never was as far as I'm concerned.

Well we were there,we won the league and we almost achieved back to back promotions on the momentum under NP.

I was reading MATCH the other day and it turns out that Pearson once saved CARLISLE from relegation on the last day. What a hero. A goalkeeper scored. Jimmy Glass ( I think he's a gangster now). Anyway, Pearson masterminded that by picking the team and telling them to go out there and do their best. MATCH reckon he's one of the top managers in our division (this was about last season, but I assume it still stands).

He's certainly better than any manager at Port Vale in recent times. I was a big fan of the Vale until I realised that a) there is no such place as Port Vale, so its effectively a sham and b) Robbie Williams supports them.

Anyway, if Pearson goes, its back to Port Vale for me.

Anyone who doesn't love Pearson is either stupid, disloyal or just a Forest fan. FACT.

Well said :)

I would suspect that Pearson is one of the best paid managers in the division?

If we want value for money from the players, it is fair to seek that from the boss too. Last season, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the best paid manager.

I would suspect that Pearson is one of the best paid managers in the division?

If we want value for money from the players, it is fair to seek that from the boss too. Last season, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the best paid manager.

Redknapp definitely will be now. Wouldn't be surprised if Adkins is up there too.

Short memories how many points did we manage from how many games at the end of last season.A goldfish would have done better

He is a lucky boy to still be here FACT.Lets pray for a decent start and some imagination and reaction during the game.

You talk about 'short memories' and then go on to talk about the last quarter of the season, ignoring the other three quarters where we were in the playoffs constantly, playing good football and challenging for the top two. Are you sure you're not the one with the short memory?

I was reading MATCH the other day and it turns out that Pearson once saved CARLISLE from relegation on the last day. What a hero. A goalkeeper scored. Jimmy Glass ( I think he's a gangster now). Anyway, Pearson masterminded that by picking the team and telling them to go out there and do their best. MATCH reckon he's one of the top managers in our division (this was about last season, but I assume it still stands).

He's certainly better than any manager at Port Vale in recent times. I was a big fan of the Vale until I realised that a) there is no such place as Port Vale, so its effectively a sham and b) Robbie Williams supports them.

Anyway, if Pearson goes, its back to Port Vale for me.

Anyone who doesn't love Pearson is either stupid, disloyal or just a Forest fan. FACT.

Have you been at the meths. again?   lol  lol

Archived