Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rico

The Beatles

1 hour ago, davieG said:

They were completely different to each other but that's what made them so good when they wrote together.

Why do people want to create some sort of hierarchy let's appreciate people as individuals fair enough debating who you prefer.:dunno:

Totally agree with you.

But if someone wants to say they prefer one to the other it really isn't a big deal either way. Beats discussing politics any day of the week.

Edited by The soup nazi

Just now, The soup nazi said:

Totally agree with you.

But if someone wants to say they prefer one to the other it really isn't a big deal either way. Beats discussing politics any day of the week.

Prefer is fine as I said ranking seems to be pointless. Just my thinking on it.

2 hours ago, The soup nazi said:

50 years since The White Album. There's been debate over the years about whether it should've been a single record and not a double. Personally feel that if it was a single it would've been the greatest album of all time. 

I've always said it should have been single but then whenever I listen to it there's not many songs I want to remove from it to make it single. It is a great album though.

7 minutes ago, Dr Marco said:

I like them all! even Ringo!

prefer John as a singer especially the early rock'n'roll songs

but do prefer Paul as a composer

love George's songs too: here comes the sun is my favourite of his

George really came into his own in terms of songwriting. 'Something' is his best by far, even Lennon said it was the best song on Abbey Road.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I've always said it should have been single but then whenever I listen to it there's not many songs I want to remove from it to make it single. It is a great album though.

Yeah I know what you mean. I once ripped 12 songs on to a CD to make my own White Album.  I remember it being harder than I thought.

• Like 1

With the 50th anniversary and remastered set coming up, I challenged myself to make the ultimate White Album single album. Taking into consideration the time constraints and two sided nature of the 1968 release i came up with the below

Side One

Back In The USSR

Dear Prudence

Revolution 1

Everybody's Got Something to Hide...

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Happiness is a Warm Gun

Julia

Side Two

Helter Skelter

Yer Blues

Mother Nature's Son

I'm So Tired

Blackbird

Sexy Sadie

Cry Baby Cry

More Lennon heavy than I'd have thought originally but also a lot tougher. Songs like Piggies and Rocky Racoon often get thrown away as filler but they have a certain charm and i'm so used to having them on the album I think i'd miss them. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

John and Yoko: Above us only sky

Telling the untold story of Lennon’s 1971 album Imagine.

Saturday 20:30  on 4 HD Virgin Channel 141

Don’t know about Freeview or Sky.

• 4 months later...

On BBC 4 tonight at 9 The Beatles: Made on Merseyside 2018

The incredible story of how the Beatles emerged from post war Liverpool and turned music upon its head with their changes from skiffle to rock and roll and the creation of the Mersey Beat sound.

Storyline

They defined music and popular culture like no other band ever will - but how did The Beatles make the journey from Merseyside teenagers to international pop stars in the 1960s? Made on Merseyside - The Beatles discovers how American rock 'n' roll and rhythm and blues dragged post-war Liverpool into one of the most vibrant music cities ever with the Mersey Sound. Featuring revealing interviews from those involved in the early years of The Beatles in Liverpool and Hamburg and unique archive, the incredible story of The Beatles' previous band formations and why it took so long for them to achieve success makes riveting viewing. From school bands, to colleges; Hamburg to The Cavern Club, The Beatles changed the world of pop music forever, but was Pete Best's sacking from the band and Ringo's replacement the final part of the jigsaw? Written by Paperback Writer

• 4 months later...
51 minutes ago, Line-X said:

The template for every Oasis song ever. 

Lennon's backwards singing always make me laugh when I listen to it. First time ever on a song that too.

Brilliant single of course given Paperback Writer was the A-Side.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Soup said:

Anyone else a fan of the Let it Be album?  Not really seen as one of their better records but I've always liked it. Simple songs really but some great tunes imo. 

I like it. Not my favourite but I prefer it to at least three other albums. It should have been better though, "Don't Let Me Down" should have been included on it.

The single "Let It Be" is not only one of McCartney's best and one of the bands best, it's one of the greatest songs ever written. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I like it. Not my favourite but I prefer it to at least three other albums. It should have been better though, "Don't Let Me Down" should have been included on it.

The single "Let It Be" is not only one of McCartney's best and one of the bands best, it's one of the greatest songs ever written. 

Mad to think that this and other classic songs were never on albums. How tImes have changed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soup said:

Mad to think that this and other classic songs were never on albums. How tImes have changed 

I know. The singles were unbelievable. Consider songs like We Can Work It Out, Day Tripper, I Feel Fine, Revolution etc weren't even on albums.

37 minutes ago, Dr Marco said:

Imagine Sergent Pepper including Penny Lane & Strawberry Fields

Oh man. Don't even want to think about that!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...