Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rico

The Beatles

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Line-X said:

1967 - Only four tracks to play with. Christ, they were good. 

Understatement! I can't get over them. There's other bands I really like (Arctic Monkeys, Blur) but none as much as I love the Beatles. I don't ever get bored of hearing them. From '64 the albums are outstanding and the justification of "a good album". If someone plays me an album "this is a good album" I'll think "it's alright, it's not good".

I'm just listening to Past Masters now and I've only just sat back and thought that these weren't not even on albums. That includes "We Can Work It Out", "Paperback Writer", "Rain", "Hey Jude", "Don't Let Me Down", "Lady Madonna", "Day Tripper", "I Feel Fine", "Revolution", "Ballad of John & Yoko"...... absolutely mental to consider. 

The absolute best.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Understatement! I can't get over them. There's other bands I really like (Arctic Monkeys, Blur) but none as much as I love the Beatles. I don't ever get bored of hearing them. From '64 the albums are outstanding and the justification of "a good album". If someone plays me an album "this is a good album" I'll think "it's alright, it's not good".

I'm just listening to Past Masters now and I've only just sat back and thought that these weren't not even on albums. That includes "We Can Work It Out", "Paperback Writer", "Rain", "Hey Jude", "Don't Let Me Down", "Lady Madonna", "Day Tripper", "I Feel Fine", "Revolution", "Ballad of John & Yoko"...... absolutely mental to consider. 

The absolute best.

‘Rain’ one the most underrated B sides ever. Also love that past masters album. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been listening to Piggies a lot recently. One of my favourite Beatle songs. I love the lyrics and how he hammers them in power a bit like Orwell.

Anyway I found a rare live version of it, by George:

I know it's one of them that Manson used. So in this version George doesn't sing "whacking".

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I've been listening to Piggies a lot recently. One of my favourite Beatle songs. I love the lyrics and how he hammers them in power a bit like Orwell.

Anyway I found a rare live version of it, by George:

I know it's one of them that Manson used. So in this version George doesn't sing "whacking".

"one more time"

• Like 1

Just heard Alice Cooper on Radio 2 picking "Tracks of his years" and he picked You Won't See Me from Rubber Soul.

He was speaking about how perfect the song is also how perfect the harmonies of Lennon and McCartney were.

All of which I agree with but just shows, when I do listen to this feature on the Radio, how many artists from different genres pick a Beatles song.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Dr Marco said:

Happy Birthday John!

80 yesterday! Assassinated at 40. So very soon, December 2020, he will have been dead as long as he was alive.

Edited by Fox92
Added Come Together on!
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...