Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Emile Heskey - The Legend is on Twitter!

Met him a few times off the pitch. Great guy.

He wouldn't be a true supporter if he didn't put thousands of £'s into the club whilst we were in administration (like Lineker).

Hero.

His cousin taught me Sociology last year, wouldn't talk about him much though.  :(

Saying that, I suppose after endless drones of spotty teenagers asking about him it would get boring.

Guest MattP

Nice. Always be a legend around here, what a teamsheet that is.

Neil Lewis what a name.

Was anybody here at the game at Elland Road in about 98ish? We lost 3-0, Ian Rush bagged a couple. One of the worst days out ever as loads of our fans missed the first half (probably a bonus) after a accident on the way up.

Whole day was made worthwhile by the bundling left back, he stepped back ten yards to take a long throw in and tripped over the grass ledge before the line, ball went 30 yards up in the air then dropped down and landed right on his head, never seen a stadium go into hysterics like it.

Family Night Football was one of the main reasons I got into supporting City. They gave out free tickets to local primary schools and you got to see some decent players. Shame they could never get anything like it back up and running. Amazing to look back on old teamsheets like that to see how players turned out.

Always be grateful to Heskey for putting money in to help save us. Top bloke, and was a good player for us during the glory days. Remember when I was a nipper he was full of power and speed. I remember we were 1-0 up against Chelsea had dominated them all game long just couldn't get the clincher, then the ball was crossed into Emile who hadn't scored for ages then he smashed it in game over and he just stood there in the goal arms out wide milking it. Great moment.

Family Night Football was one of the main reasons I got into supporting City. They gave out free tickets to local primary schools and you got to see some decent players. Shame they could never get anything like it back up and running. Amazing to look back on old teamsheets like that to see how players turned out.

Same here, even though it wasn't the same as a Saturday it was a laugh. Were they losing money putting these nights on or something? It was fantastic just to go down and watch the reserves on a Thursday night or whatever. Bring it back!

Neil Lewis what a name.

Was anybody here at the game at Elland Road in about 98ish? We lost 3-0, Ian Rush bagged a couple. One of the worst days out ever as loads of our fans missed the first half (probably a bonus) after a accident on the way up.

Whole day was made worthwhile by the bundling left back, he stepped back ten yards to take a long throw in and tripped over the grass ledge before the line, ball went 30 yards up in the air then dropped down and landed right on his head, never seen a stadium go into hysterics like it.

was there mate still the first thing I think of when his name comes up he had a rust coloured hair do at the time so not exactly mr conspicuous either lol all happened in slow motion which oddly made it even harder to take in what we were seeing. They don't make em like that anymore!

Neil Lewis what a name.

I laughed out loud reading, so if I was there I think I would cry

I remember when there was mass hysteria when there was rumours that Davsi Suker was going to play for West Ham reserves. I ended up witnessing one of the best ever performances from the one and only.......

Lawrie Dudfield!

I loved those FFNF nights though. Great laid back atmosphere.

I also remember Collymore playing in a game and absolutely taking the piss! He was shooting from the halfway line and all sorts of audacious skill!

Was not a FFNF game where Big Trev knocked him out at halftime or am I getting mixed up??

Neil Lewis what a name.

Hahahahahaaaaa I remember it well pal! That traffic jam was the absolute pits as well

I remember when there was mass hysteria when there was rumours that Davsi Suker was going to play for West Ham reserves. I ended up witnessing one of the best ever performances from the one and only.......

Lawrie Dudfield!

I loved those FFNF nights though. Great laid back atmosphere.

I also remember Collymore playing in a game and absolutely taking the piss! He was shooting from the halfway line and all sorts of audacious skill!

Was not a FFNF game where Big Trev knocked him out at halftime or am I getting mixed up??

Hahahaa I think me and Smuggs came that game with you? Dudfield hat-trick?!

Archived