Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Boro Away Pre Match - Predictions, Line Ups, etc

Judging by tonights performance it's simply a better chance tonight to see who'll be in on saturday

as usual kasper in goal

Kasper

Moore

Morgan

Whitbread

De Laet

Schlupp

James

Danns

King

Waghorn

Wood

Bench: Logan, St Ledger, Konchesky, Knockaert, Dyer, Nugent & Marshall.

Thoughts?

Players have been working on their shape in a 3-5-2 in training majority of pre-season and obviously the friendly matches. The ones I've spoken to feel comfortable with it and think this will be the formation he picks this yr. Think he'll go with this on sat....

Kasper

Ledge, Morgan, Whitbread

De Laet King James Drinky Konch

Vardy Wood

Players have been working on their shape in a 3-5-2 in training majority of pre-season and obviously the friendly matches. The ones I've spoken to feel comfortable with it and think this will be the formation he picks this yr. Think he'll go with this on sat....

Kasper

Ledge, Morgan, Whitbread

Vardy Wood

Please not Vardy, Nugent hopefully, and no Knockaert Drinkwater ahead of him is NP smoking crack?

Please not Vardy, Nugent hopefully, and no Knockaert Drinkwater ahead of him is NP smoking crack?

Don't think Nuge is gonna be fully fit to start but he's not that far off.

Think he'll go their to keep it tight hence the inclusion of Drinky and then introduce Knocky/Dyer/Marshall if needs go for it.

Its a toss up between Vardy/Waggers but Vardy gives u the workrate and pace to go alongside Wood so I personally think he'll go with that

Is anyone else really anxious about this season? Its the first time in around 5 years that I have felt this way at the beginning of the season - weather its the fact that we have bought 1 player, pre-season has not been amazing or the fact that we had that heartbreaking end to last season, I'm not sure. TBH ive felt great pre-season for the last few years and we haven't really got anywhere so perhaps this season it may be the opposite - I really hope so. To end on a positive note I think Nige has finally realised that 3-5-2 does work in this league! 

Kasper

Ledge, Morgan, Whitbread

Vardy Wood

Vardy ahead of Schlupp would be madness in my opinion. I can see why he would plump for Drinkwater over Knockaert as Danny keeps the ball better (usually anyway), and Konchesky because of his experience, but Vardy ahead of Schlupp would be nuts.

My side would be...

Schmeichel

Moore - Morgan - Whitbread

De Laet - James - King - Konchesky

Knockaert

Nugent - Wood

Subs; Logan, St Ledger, Drinkwater, Bakayogo, Dyer, Schlupp, Marshall

Hard to say who should be left wing back, said Konchesky because I'm not sure about Bakayogo's fitness, and not sure about Schlupp there either. It's one thing moving a forward to left back, but left wing back with no-one else on the left? They'd slaughter us down that side.

Also maybe not the best idea to have both Dyer & Bakayogo. Possibly Waghorn for Dyer.

I think we many think it's going to be 3-5-2

The problem I have selecting a team is that our best balanced midfield lacks pace so I'm stuck dropping Konk for Schlupp or Dyer. The problem with that is defensively it leaves us weaker so 1 or 2 in a defensive holding midfield is needed...This is how I think it'll look 3-1-4-1-1

Schmeichel

Moore - Morgan - Whitbread

Drinkwater

De Laet - James - King - Schlupp

Knockaert

Wood

Guest CityFan 06

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Moore Konch

Knockaert King James Dyer

Wood Nugent

Prediction: Boro 0 - 2 City nuge and woody

Tough first game, other than mr speedy on the LB/LWB,  no new signings and so it will be backs against the wall mentality and in true Pearson fashion we'll grind out a 0-0 draw or perhaps even sneak a 1-0 win.

I can't quite believe that unless I get food poisoning I'll only have 1 more shit between now and the first game of the season. It's almost upon us. Incredible

In fact can you go mental for me .... you'd be brilliant at it!!!!!  lol

Really hope were in top 6 come October 19th that's when il be able to get to my 1st city game of the season, against Huddlesfield. The the idea of being out the picture of promotion already by then. But I do think we will fall just short of playoffs. Hopefully il be proved completely wrong!!

Archived