Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Boro Away Pre Match - Predictions, Line Ups, etc

Anybody suggesting Konchesky at left centre back in a 3-5-2 needs to be sent to a mental asylum.

I don't mind people disagreeing with certain suggestions but it's these huge exaggerations that get used that I find a little annoying.

Clearly, you don't need to have a serious mental health problem to think that Konch could perhaps do a job at CB. Frankly it's a bit ludicrous to say that him playing in a back three could only be a total disaster when we've already seen him have a half reasonable game in a CB pairing. As I say, don't mind anyone disagreeing but leave out these over the top phrases, there's no need.

4-2-3-1

Schmeichel

De Laet - Morgan - Whitbread - Konchesky

Drinkwater      James

Knocky          King             Dyer/Schlupp

Wood

We'll win 2-0; goals from Wood and Dyer.

Kasper

RDL      Morgan     SSL     Konch

Knocky  King         James  Marshall

Wood        Nugent

I think we should just play a basic 442 which usually works. I haven't been convinced by 352. Just start with a strong basic team use subs and change as you go through the season. 

Also not convinced by the new guy. Obviously he was playing against a very good winger but would see how it goes

4-2-3-1

Schmeichel

De Laet - Morgan - Whitbread - Konchesky

Drinkwater James

Knocky King Dyer/Schlupp

Wood

We'll win 2-0; goals from Wood and Dyer.

I don't think this will happen but would love to see it looks a great line up.

I think he will go 442

Kasper

RDL

Morgan c

SSL

Konch

Knocky

King

James

Schluup

Wood

Nuge

Logan

Dyer

Waggy

Whitbread

Zoom zoom zoom

Drinky

Marshall

2-1 win with wood bagging a brace

It is still very difficult to predict a starting XI before next Saturday. We still have the Northampton match to experiment further if needed. Having saw the Monaco game yesterday I am very worried that the defence sat deep and allowed Monaco on to them and many shots came in with out much closing down from the midfield playing the 3-5-2 system.

We could possibly also have a fresh face or two by next Saturday. I think I would like to see 3 more faces before the end of August, most likely coming in the forms of loans. Dependant of course of freeing up some cash. We need a player in each area for me, especially a ball winner in midfield and another striking option.  

I would take a solid display at Boro and would take a point. I think Pearson will go 3-5-2 for the first away game with a solid midfiield.

Kasper

St Ledger

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

De Laet

James

Drinkwater

King

Wood

Nugent

Subs: Logan, Whitbread, Schlupp, Dyer, Knockaert, Danns, Vardy

I think to have any chance this season, the squad will need improving. However it isn't as small as thought and there are 20 or 21 players all competing. I would think come the end of August the likes of Gallagher, Danns and Waghorn, Whitbread may be loaned out or sold with better options coming in.

I would look for hopefully Michael Keane back on loan with a physical central midfielder to join and a loanee striker from the Prem. Maybe a Luke Moore from Swansea for example on a season long loan.

I don't mind people disagreeing with certain suggestions but it's these huge exaggerations that get used that I find a little annoying.

Clearly, you don't need to have a serious mental health problem to think that Konch could perhaps do a job at CB. Frankly it's a bit ludicrous to say that him playing in a back three could only be a total disaster when we've already seen him have a half reasonable game in a CB pairing. As I say, don't mind anyone disagreeing but leave out these over the top phrases, there's no need.

PC Harry to the rescue again. Konchesky can't cut it at left back, never mind at centre back where there is even more responsibility. Too small, too slow and poor distribution, I just don't see how he could play centre back on a regular basis.

Yeah man, same for people who think we should sell our top scorer. lol.

Yes, our top scorer who had a 16-game goal drought coinciding with out plummet down the table!

PC Harry to the rescue again. Konchesky can't cut it at left back, never mind at centre back where there is even more responsibility. Too small, too slow and poor distribution, I just don't see how he could play centre back on a regular basis.

Is that my new nickname? Quite like it.  lol  I just prefer it if people are polite, that's all.

Kasper

SSL

Morgan

Whitbread

RDL

Konch

King

James

Danns ( even though I thought he was poor against Monaco I still think he has more to offer then drinks)

Wood

Nugent (if unfit then schlupp would be my replacement)

And I'm going for a 2-1 win Schlupp and James

Yes, our top scorer who had a 16-game goal drought coinciding with out plummet down the table!

Oh no, I'm sorry, you must have watched him everyday in training and studied Konchesky meticulously. My mistake

I'd go further and say that if we go 3-5-2, he'd be my choice for left CB. He was truly shocking on the ball vs Monaco. But his positional play is better than anyone else we play on the left-side of our defence (Schlupp) and you can't just throw ZB in there as none us know anything about him, in the main. We need ZW in the middle of that three. SSL is just too much of a liability for me, so by a process of elimination my 3 would be WM, ZW, PK ..... you can send the vans round for me now!! (Long overdue)

My biggest disappointment this pre-season isn't the results, it's the fact in this new system we've been trying, we've still not tried Knockaert just behind the forwards and I really do think he was the player this formation would benefit the most. Maybe he'll try it tomorrow but I'm convinced that's a chance missed.

Not convinced by a flat 3-5-2 either. Can't see it being great going forward.

My team would be

GK. Kasper

RB. De Laet

CB. Morgan

CB. Whitbread

LB. Konchesky

RM. Marshall

CM. King

CM. James

LM. Dyer

ST. Nugent

ST. Wood

Don't know why so many people want us to play 3-5-2, we simply don't have the players to suit the formation. I'd drop Knocky as I think Dyer poses more of a threat away from home, would love Bakayogo to play instead of Konch too but we've heard he's not fit.

We will need to instill as much pace as possible in the side this season, which is why as soon as Bakayogo is up to speed i'd chuck him in - him and Dyer down the left flank is making me weak at the knees.

Think we were a little bit lightweight in midfield last season so would go with a 433/451 with this team

Schmeichel

RDL

Morgan

Whitbread

Konch

Knockaert

James

King

Drinkwater

Marshall

Nugent

Or a 352

Schmeichel

Moore

Morgan

Whitbread

RDL

King

Knockaert

James

Konch

Nugent

Wood

Middlesborough always seem to start strongly, and for whatever reason I'm not feeling confident for this season.

A 2-1 loss I reckon. King to score.

Boro just beat Bordeaux - proof that Championship sides can beat French opposition Mr Pearson. :pearson:

That's 4 wins and a draw for them pre season - but don't worry - it's all about fitness! 

Archived