Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rincewind

FAO Richie Wellens Fans

As his legs went, he ended up out of his depth, but full respect for the bloke. Wasn't as bad as folks made him out to be, and put in some great performances in his first few seasons. Also refreshingly honest in the interview booth. Best of luck, Richie.  :thumbup:

'I've got lots of respect for Nigel'.

'I hope he goes on to win the league'.

'Great bunch of lads, in four years I never had a problem with any player'.

'I wanted to leave once, because my daughter was born with serious problem'.

'Fantastic football club, great fanbase, Premier League's standard including the stadium and training facilities. Fans are terrific'.

'Try and get back to watch a few Leicester games'.

--- Top man. I don't care what anyone says. And his daughter was born with a serious problem, so did that affect his form then like people say about Gallagher? (he never said anything about her either, great professional).

I can only assume that all your bullshit meters have been turned off for the summer.

I thought his interview was pure fiction, pc bollox of the highest standards.

He could have just said nothing. Maybe it was BS, but someone actually being nice doesn't mean they aren't being truthful.

I can only assume that all your bullshit meters have been turned off for the summer.

I thought his interview was pure fiction, pc bollox of the highest standards.

Why because he didn't take about the supposed 'fall out'?

As fans, we are not around the club everyday, we don't know what goes on and how every player is off of the pitch. However, and sadly, some people take what they read in the paper for real evidence (not saying you just in general).

He could have just said nothing. Maybe it was BS, but someone actually being nice doesn't mean they aren't being truthful.

Why because he didn't take about the supposed 'fall out'?

As fans, we are not around the club everyday, we don't know what goes on and how every player is off of the pitch. However, and sadly, some people take what they read in the paper for real evidence (not saying you just in general).

I simply thought it was a dead safe 'corporate' interview by a man making sure that whatever the agreements are in his severance package, he didn't go close to breaking them.

Edit. I would not be at all surprised if the interview requirement, being nice as you say, was part of the severance terms.

Another thing for me which shows his good natured side was that you could tell the interview was being recorded over a phone, like he was on loud speaker, with Stringer using a device to record it. Listen to the difference of quality when each of them speak.

He could've very easily just not answered. Every other interview we've heard from him was straight up and honest, so why would this be different?

I simply thought it was a dead safe 'corporate' interview by a man making sure that whatever the agreements are in his severance package, he didn't go close to breaking them.

Edit. I would not be at all surprised if the interview requirement, being nice as you say, was part of the severance terms.

Why can't someone just give a truthful interview that happens to be positive?

Why do people have to assume there is some kind of hidden agenda behind anything good that happens?!

I liked Wellens as a player, on many occassions between 2009-11 I really enjoyed watching him. I don't know him as a bloke.

But he always came across as honest and he was obviously opinionated about the games we played. When he was asked a question about our performance or the squad he said what he thought, and often I agreed with him.

It's sad he's become so hated by so many, maybe in a different time he would have been popular.

I liked Wellens as a player, on many occassions between 2009-11 I really enjoyed watching him. I don't know him as a bloke.

But he always came across as honest and he was obviously opinionated about the games we played. When he was asked a question about our performance or the squad he said what he thought, and often I agreed with him.

It's sad he's become so hated by so many, maybe in a different time he would have been popular.

Agree with this Wellens was a good player for us for a few seasons then became a scapegoat, once this happens there isn't much you can do... he did go off the boil a bit though at times.

Agree with this Wellens was a good player for us for a few seasons then became a scapegoat, once this happens there isn't much you can do... he did go off the boil a bit though at times.

What... You mean like the whole squad did last season?

Wellens was one of the best players at the club for many a year.. And a scapegoat on here.

What... You mean like the whole squad did last season?

Wellens was one of the best players at the club for many a year.. And a scapegoat on here.

Not really the whole squad, it was fine margins in the end which cost us promotion.

I agree for a few seasons he was one of our better players, but the last 2 seasons he hasn't been up to much at all and age has caught up with him.

He was good, but now we have Drinkwater who is 10 years younger and just as good there is no need for him to be here.

Archived