Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Football League Show 2013/2014

Back on Saturday! 

2013/2014 - 03/08/2013

Including two Championship clashes as QPR face Sheffield Wednesday and Burnley face Bolton

Saturday

23:35

Looks like we won't be a featured game but will be interesting to see if they get to put more highlights on or change the format!

I tell you what i miss about the show, when they use to read out messages from fans. Shame they got rid of that!

"Dave in Preston thinks their defenders should improve their game and that Cardiff had a pretty quick left winger".

Highlight of the season, definitely.

Why dont they put it on at 10:30pm until MOTD is on? Stupid to keep it that late

Because editing and voicing over up to 36 games in the six hours they have is hard enough, never mind trying to do it in four.

It's sh1t... They only ever show about 30 seconds of us. Once we scored 4 goals in a game, and that crap show only showed 3! I mean WTF?!

Absolute, total unsubstantiated bollocks. If you really think we don't get decent airtime from that show you're just an idiot, plain and simple.

It's actually perfectly justifiable to say we didn't get much airtime and I think it is very obvious Manish and Claridge actually go out their way to show how unbiased they are.

I was left amazed last season when after the 2-1 defeat to Blackburn, Manish said before saying Vardy's goal should have stood "I want people to know I'm not being biased here". Seriously?

Many a time where we last game or towards the end, even remember some of our wins being behind 0-0 games.

We don't get good enough coverage on there at all. Can't believe you think we do

You will get some plebs claim he's being biased though sadly, it's another one where the middle ground has become extremely rare, the ref is either at fault for everything or is untouchable.

Do I think we get good enough coverage? Yep. The show lasts an hour and a bit, and has 30 (give or take) games to show. We really don't get it that bad.

I wish they'd fvck some of these stupid features off though and just get on with the games. I used to criticise it but to be honest, people are so ignorant to the number of sides they have to show. Why do we deserve any more than anyone else? The same people who moan about Man Utd's excessive $ky coverage too no doubt.

The games they cover in detail are decided on a number of factors.

If it's a relegation or promotion six pointer, a local derby, a manager returning to an old club or some other drama, then it will be shown first or given prominent billing. That decision will be taken long before kick-off.

You have to look at what's going to draw in more viewers; a 1st v 2nd clash between two big-spending teams or a mid-table match between Huddersfield and Millwall. Sod's law dictates the former will be a 0-0 borefest and the latter an eight goal thriller, but the producers have to make the right decision to attract viewers and generate interest. On paper, the first game is of more consequence.

We got plenty of air time last season, for better or for worse, because we were there or thereabouts all season. I'm sure some statistician with more time/less of a social life will have managed to work it out, but I would imagine we did better for air time on the FLS than the majority of the Championship.

Archived