Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dorsetfox

yeovil away (anyone down south)

Any ideas for pubs and parking? We'lL be down there about 5-30, so will need somewhere to rest up.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a large marquee outside of the ground, that had been set up as a make shift beer tent. There was a large sign outside the marquee which announced that 'Everyone Is Welcome!' Just a pity that wasn't quite correct as any away fans in colours were turned away at the entrance by a couple of burly looking bouncers. Some visiting fans did refer the bouncers to the said sign, but to no avail.

There are a couple of pubs within about 10-15 minutes walk of the ground; 'The Arrow' and 'The Airfield Tavern' (formerly 'Brewsters', which according to Stephen Pugsley also has a handy fish and chip shop next door called Palmers). Richard Reardon a visiting Carlisle fan adds; 'The Arrow is only 10-15 minutes walk away. The weather was excellent so most of our substantial following sat outside at a number of picnic tables. Not a wide choice of beers but one real ale available. Both sets of supporters mixed well, Sky TV for those that like that sort of thing. Police presence outside but it was all very friendly'. I have since received mixed reports about this pub so use your discretion.

To find this pub, from the ground car park, walk back up the road past the ground to the top of it and turn right. At the end of this road, turn left onto the main road and after a short distance take the first right. Go straight down this road through the new looking residential area and after about ten minutes of walking, you will see a clearing on your right and just beyond this there are some shops and the Arrow pub in the middle.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/yeovil_town/index.htm#Huish-Park-Yeovil-Pubs

Got a ticket in Internet Terrace also, I presume that is standing. Driving from Bournemouth after work, hopefully traffic will be kind..

anyone know where best to park?

If you have bought your tickets like I have off the internet, then I believe they will be standing.If you look at the details posted on FT pinned Yeovil away it says seating cannot be purchased online.

There is a large car park at the ground where I parked without problems when we visited in L1

well my reliable leicester workmate who was deffo going to this and getting tickets has now said he cant make it 

my problem is i have no transport and the last train back means ill have to leave the game like 30 mins early 

so if anyone is going to this and is likely to pass through weymouth or there abouts both ways and has room gimme a shout 

also if anyone fancies a night in weymouth and go back next day gimme a buzz as the pub over the road does 20 quid a night its not the best but what do you want for 20 notes  lol 

Archived