Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Whitbread

Alot of stick again for a player thats leaving..... we really are a fickle lot.

Dont get me wrong, he's not been his best that often but injuries are his biggest downfall which Norwich fans will know all about too.

He's a steady defender at this level and he proved that prior to Xmas last season when he had a run of games.

But at this stage, this move makes perfect sense as we have 2 x CB's on the bench and thats not including him..... I see SSL being next out

dont rate this guy took a chance on him and didnt pay off

Pretty much sums it up, the squad is moving on and so are some of the players that are not part of it. I just don't see why so many say he's bound to do well with the sheep, he needs to stay fit which is the main reason it did not work out here for him. Do the sheep have a magic wand?

Way behind at least 3 of our centre backs.

He's mind-bogglingly slow and just looks like he's half asleep most of the time.

Makes sense to loam him out.

Yet another example of a lack of respect for one of our players from plebs on here.

Tall Poppy Syndrome, build them up then cut them down. How sad our fans are.

Yet another example of a lack of respect for one of our players from plebs on here.

lol What have I said?

Shall I just say he's amazing because it's 'disrespectful' to criticise a player?

To be fair I've said he's shit from day one. Too slow, gives away too many stupid fouls and has the passing ability of a League 2 player. Only thing he's good at is being dominant in the air and even Wayne Brown was better than him at that. Plus he's so injury prone that he has to do a different fitness test because he breaks down too easily.

lol

Whitbread is awful mate! What's that saying about respect being earned and not given?

It's nothing about 'Tall Poppy Syndrome'. It's about having standards and reasonable expectations in terms of what we expect from players representing us at this level. Whitbread fell way short of those standards in so many ways so is rightfully criticised for doing so.

People often criticise our support for not backing players but if you look at some of the most popular players here over the last 15 years; Berner, Savage, Waghorn (for a time), Dickov. None of them were exactly world beaters but for the simplest of things, effort and commitment, they were adored by Leicester fans. We don't ask much but if you can't even get the basics/bare minimum right then expect criticism.

cuddly ken, on 30 Sept 2013 - 1:20 PM, said:

You speak of 'lack of respect' and in the same sentence refer to 'plebs on here'.

A little hypocritical

Poor signing by Nige this one. There have been a few this time round, surprisingly.

Good in the air, but positionally suspect.

I thought he'd be better than he proved to be.

He's been injured most of the time! if anything it was a gamble by Nige that unfortunately backfired...

If the guy could have kept fit, regained confidence he could have been a very good signing, he was brilliant at Millwall when injury free, he was decent at Norwich but then injuries hit him and ever since he's not been the same... Nige was hopeful he could get over his injury nightmare, start playing and regain the form he had at Millwall but like i said it didn't happen, so now we move on

Poor signing by Nige this one. There have been a few this time round, surprisingly.

Good in the air, but positionally suspect.

I thought he'd be better than he proved to be.

I don't mind signings that don't work out at all ... as long as he doesn't persevere to try and prove it right when it clearly isn't. that's the encouraging bit for me ... we signed him, didn't work out, got rid. All good with me!

I don't mind signings that don't work out at all ... as long as he doesn't persevere to try and prove it right when it clearly isn't. that's the encouraging bit for me ... we signed him, didn't work out, got rid. All good with me!

Good post. I agree...

:thumbup:

Archived