Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Whitbread

• 1 month later...

Was really excited when we signed him on the basis of what I'd seen of him at Millwall and Norwich but he was massively disappointing.

Slow, poor on the ball, gives away cheap free kicks, injury prone, often beaten in the air (Andy Gray at Barnsley dominated him embarrassingly twice last season so not sure where this great in the air nonsense is coming from) and really looked like he just did not give a toss as to whether we won, lost or drew. Everything that I wouldn't want in a Leicester City defender essentially. I hated Mills but the guy had more ability than Whitbread.

Pearson clearly feels, rightly, that he made a bit of a hash with this one but credit to him for seeing the error of his ways and getting rid. His displays at Watford and Barnsley away in the league last year were nothing short of shambolic and I'm delighted to see the back of him. I do not wish him well, I do not wish him luck, I just wish him gone.

I agree he's go nowhere near his best since he's been with us, and given that Polish monster's display the other night he wont be getting near our first team bar a rake of centre back injuries.

No doubt he will go to Derby and do OK.

So is this the DOF at work? I can't imagine Pearson spending much time trying to get players out on loan, he has a lot of other things to deal with. Since the DOF has come in we've seen a lot more surplus out or on loan and Pearson able to concentrate on matters on the pitch. Good work.

So is this the DOF at work? I can't imagine Pearson spending much time trying to get players out on loan, he has a lot of other things to deal with. Since the DOF has come in we've seen a lot more surplus out or on loan and Pearson able to concentrate on matters on the pitch. Good work.

they would of had a chat about players Nigel is willing to let go on loan and the rest is down to the DOF

Another player who was never really able to stake a claim for a regular place. Look at whats happenend to Moore with the opportunity he has come through.

Get a feeling that the same will happen with the pole. Thought Whitbread did ok in the games that he actually played. At least the loan will keep him match fit.

Never happened for him here, way injury prone to stake a claim for a regular starting place and the games he did start he didn't look good at all!

What he needs is to pray he keeps fit, gets games and maybe reclaim the form he had at Millwall and kinda at Norwich... But he has to stay fit, it's probably really hit the guys confidence all these injuries, i hope he can keep fit in the future and do well for someone

they would of had a chat about players Nigel is willing to let go on loan and the rest is down to the DOF

Of course, not suggesting he's been doing anything behind Pearson's back, I have no idea how much work is involved in getting someone out on loan, but I would imagine that unless someone comes in and makes an offer it could be quite time consuming actively trying to get someone out on loan.

Danns

Waghorn

Whitbread

Futacs

Marshall

Beckford

Not bad work, not sure if we can credit him for Taft and Blyth, must certainly free up NP for more on field matters.

Archived