Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Whitbread

Hey Guys,

The injury that happened to him yesterday seems like it is something I imagined. It wasn't shown or mentioned on the Championship last night and no one has mentioned or enquired in anyway as to how bad it is, any news released from the club etc.... SO did it really happen? and if so, what news on the damage?

Hey Guys,

The injury that happened to him yesterday seems like it is something I imagined. It wasn't shown or mentioned on the Championship last night and no one has mentioned or enquired in anyway as to how bad it is, any news released from the club etc.... SO did it really happen? and if so, what news on the damage?

Stringer tweeted last night that he had been sitting up in the dressing room and seemed "with it".

They take no chances with head or neck injuries so he'll probably be fine for the Leeds game, doubt he'd play Tuesday

This bloke looks like he's a sick note.

That may sound harsh, but appears true.

Some players seem to have the knack of picking up injuries more than others, perhaps it's a physical thing, perhaps it's how they play or perhaps it's just bad luck.

But Zak seems to suffer injuries. I'd still like to see us sign another strong centre back, adding to competition.

Reckon Taft will play or at least be on the bench on Tuesday because of this. With Moore being promoted in to the team, we have very little, if any, defensive cover for RB/CB spots. 

Hope Whitbread is back sooner rather than later.

I'm not sure a head injury and concussion is fair to lump under a list as a 'sick note' Col. It's not like an accident like that is anything to do with previous injuries.

I'm not sure a head injury and concussion is fair to lump under a list as a 'sick note' Col. It's not like an accident like that is anything to do with previous injuries.

I think the over riding point Col was making is that he just gets injured all the time. Its as if his body cannot cope with any kind of trauma. Wes for instance I cant imagine getting that or any kind of injury. Whenever Whitbread goes near anyone though I think he'll get injured.

I think the over riding point Col was making is that he just gets injured all the time. Its as if his body cannot cope with any kind of trauma. Wes for instance I cant imagine getting that or any kind of injury. Whenever Whitbread goes near anyone though I think he'll get injured.

That's exactly the point I was making Betts.

And I also wrote 'some players just have bad luck'.

But in my experience of following football/playing for years, some fellas do seen injury prone. Whitbread seems to be one of them.

I'd like us to compliment the squad with another strong centre back to add to competition and because I fear Whitbread won't be fit enough to be a regular starter.

This bloke looks like he's a sick note.

That may sound harsh, but appears true.

Some players seem to have the knack of picking up injuries more than others, perhaps it's a physical thing, perhaps it's how they play or perhaps it's just bad luck.

But Zak seems to suffer injuries. I'd still like to see us sign another strong centre back, adding to competition.

Very true Col

Zak "Darren Anderton" Whitbread lol

That's exactly the point I was making Betts.

And I also wrote 'some players just have bad luck'.

But in my experience of following football/playing for years, some fellas do seen injury prone. Whitbread seems to be one of them.

I'd like us to compliment the squad with another strong centre back to add to competition and because I fear Whitbread won't be fit enough to be a regular starter.

Agree completely. We knew this when we signed him. Lambert said that he wanted to give him a new deal at Norwich but just couldnt risk it because of his injuries. I think we took a flier on him as he was free and when fully fit, is a good player. However he's proved in his time here that we just cannot trust him to be fit for any period of time.

Another centre back is a must or fast track Taft.

I know the point he was making and I don't necessarily disagree, just don't really agree with using that sort of accident (which let's be honest could happen to anyone) to make that point.

I get where Col is coming from but what happened to Zak could've happened to anyone. It's just a shame that Zak was injured. I saw the replay on our OS and he just flopped to the floor afterwards. It wasn't nice to see.

I have to say that I thought Liam Moore did a very good job overall once he came on though.

Although it's a shame to see Zac go off on his own stretcher, I do wish we hadn't signed him. Too injury-prone, and not as magnificent as some think he is on his day. If he wasn't both of those, then yes I'd be happy to have him in the squad.

Hopefully he will be back soon and we have him, Wes and Moore as the back 3. SSL outmuscled for their goal.

I hope Taft does get to play on Tues. if he is good, then back up is there. If woeful then people may stop banging on about him being the savior. Isn't Sesay meant to be a better prospect. To clarify. I want Taft to be good.

Hopefully he will be back soon and we have him, Wes and Moore as the back 3. SSL outmuscled for their goal.

I hope Taft does get to play on Tues. if he is good, then back up is there. If woeful then people may stop banging on about him being the savior. Isn't Sesay meant to be a better prospect. To clarify. I want Taft to be good.

He was going to struggle all day with that Jukebox. 

I just don't rate Whitbread. He is too slow, his distribution is shocking (all he does is launch it in the air) and he gives away too many fouls. It's ridiculous how he wants to put his arms all over the attacker, it's cheap and easy and will punish us like it nearly did at 'Boro.

I'd rather us stick with St Ledger -- Morgan -- Moore, however, none of them are left sided so unless we bring an extra left sided defender in, maybe give Taft a chance?

Archived