Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Why Do People On Here Just Want To Slag Us Off

Agree with the poster. It was rather amusing reading through the Mboro match thread when I got back from said match on Sunday (no, I didn't get lost, had a bit of a sesh in Stockton on Tees on Satdeh night and that was an eye opener, I can tell you!). Too many folks are too quick to jump to conclusions: it's a marathon not a sprint. And in comparison to some of the tosh we've had down the years, the current squad are pretty much world beaters.    

Because fans do what fans do, nothing unique to Leicester, and nothing wrong with a good moan on FT, when things don't go are way (at the ground in the ear shot of players different).

If you went on any match threads on any fans forums, people will moan, critise the managers decision etc, etc.

Out of interest I looked at boro's match thread, they are pretty much the same as us, started well last season, blew it, got a manager that divides fans opinions, and guess what they moaned.

To much is being made of fans being critical, 'negative', fans will always moan, doesn't make them any less of a supporter than those who always think things are rosy at the club, opinions differ.

Barring a few, alot of the criticism ( moaning in some eyes), has been constructive and warranted, so over to Nigel and the boys to give us ALL something to cheer about.

I whole heartildly disagree.

We are renound country wide for moaning and being fickle, our fans are impatient and lack long term objectivity and are one of the reasons we've had one of the highest turn over in managers in league football since O'Neil left, in fact I'm pretty sure it's the highest.

I'm not saying all of our fans and are like this, or that other clubs don't have this type of fan but at the moment you'll see far more fickle unknowledgeable moaning boo boys down the King Power moaning about the woe's of only being 4th in the Championship than you will at most other football league clubs. One of the reasons I was happy we had so many TV games is because a trip to the King Power these days can at best be slightly frustrating and at worst soul destroying and leaving you question why you even bother.  

And that's all without getting into some of the absolute nonsense posted on here posted by people who rarely even see the team play  :rolleyes: whilst they might be horrendously wrong at least some of the moaners down the stadium have at least seen the apparent lack of tactical awareness or the under performing players of which they are moaning about instead of interpretating Stringers commentary or even worse just looking at the result. 

Not saying people shouldn't voice concerns over management or players on here or at the game at all just a lot of it is totally unfounded and is moaning for the sake of it.

Those who get worked up when we are losing or playing badly are often those who the game affects on an emotional level. There is room for the mild mannered rational supporter too but mainly they are the passionless party line followers that the club relies on during times of poor football and underperformance.to keep the season tickets selling. Cannon fodder they are called in the army......give me the passionate ones any day, the ones who won't settle for the mediocre.

Maybe it is the 'moaners' that push underachievers like Nige on to greater things, just maybe.....

Those who get worked up when we are losing or playing badly are often those who the game affects on an emotional level. There is room for the mild mannered rational supporter too but mainly they are the passionless party line followers that the club relies on during times of poor football and underperformance.to keep the season tickets selling. Cannon fodder they are called in the army......give me the passionate ones any day, the ones who won't settle for the mediocre.

Maybe it is the 'moaners' that push underachievers like Nige on to greater things, just maybe.....

Yeah! Let's have the fans who threaten not to come down any more cos they don't like the manager, or the colour of the away shirt, or the fvcking cobs that the burgers are sold in outside their turnstile. Proper fans them! None of these Cannon Fodder types that can use both sides of their brains to reach a conclusion! The bastards! Grrrrrr

We are renound country wide for moaning and being fickle, our fans are impatient and lack long term objectivity and are one of the reasons we've had one of the highest turn over in managers in league football since O'Neil left, in fact I'm pretty sure it's the highest.

I'm not saying all of our fans and are like this, or that other clubs don't have this type of fan but at the moment you'll see far more fickle unknowledgeable moaning boo boys down the King Power moaning about the woe's of only being 4th in the Championship than you will at most other football league clubs. One of the reasons I was happy we had so many TV games is because a trip to the King Power these days can at best be slightly frustrating and at worst soul destroying and leaving you question why you even bother.  

And that's all without getting into some of the absolute nonsense posted on here posted by people who rarely even see the team play  :rolleyes: whilst they might be horrendously wrong at least some of the moaners down the stadium have at least seen the apparent lack of tactical awareness or the under performing players of which they are moaning about instead of interpretating Stringers commentary or even worse just looking at the result. 

Not saying people shouldn't voice concerns over management or players on here or at the game at all just a lot of it is totally unfounded and is moaning for the sake of it.

Concerns is one thing but the match thread on saturday at 2pm people were calling for NP's head.

All he had done was name his squad and most could not even give it any game time to slag the guy off.

And no I'm not a pearson lover but think under the circumstances he ain't doing a bad job.

Before you shoot me down no not really happy with that and yes want more but we have dealt ourselves a shite hand.

We spent a shite load under sven wich we owe our owners plus intrest and people have moaned all summer cause we have not spent.

Do you want us back in admin sat nxt to covscum banned from transfers due to ffp (oh but ffp don't exist or has many loop holes)

We all "moan", though some do it more thoughtfully than others...

And calling rational support "passionless" - following your logic, passion would equal braindead behavior.

You follow your own party line - as demonstrated by the thriving and positive community on Bentleys Roof.

And since when is winning "underperforming"? lol

People did way over react at half time at Middlesbrough. 1-0 down first game of the season, Pearson out ?!! Complete joke.

worrying that people prepared to travel all the way to Boro' have the same knee jerk response to any form of set back as some sections of the home support though.  Always thought of the awayers as die hard supporters  

Concerns is one thing but the match thread on saturday at 2pm people were calling for NP's head.

All he had done was name his squad and most could not even give it any game time to slag the guy off.

And no I'm not a pearson lover but think under the circumstances he ain't doing a bad job.

Before you shoot me down no not really happy with that and yes want more but we have dealt ourselves a shite hand.

We spent a shite load under sven wich we owe our owners plus intrest and people have moaned all summer cause we have not spent.

Do you want us back in admin sat nxt to covscum banned from transfers due to ffp (oh but ffp don't exist or has many loop holes)

Do you want to read what I've actually wrote?

Or is not aimed at me, I'm confused now as you've 1+ the post and then gone off on one lol

The comedy gift that just keeps giving.

Congratulations! ... what a ****ing ridiculous post!

I've been a LCFC for 40 odd years and met alot of people around the country in that time .... and not ONE has ever said anything about us being renowned for being fickle!!!!!

Who's told you that???

I've been a LCFC for 40 odd years and met alot of people around the country in that time .... and not ONE has ever said anything about us being renowned for being fickle!!!!!

Who's told you that???

40 years doesn't come into as it's more of a modern thing. But it's there. 

Even I our own fans know it I was at one game in the kop when we were singing "There's only one Nigel Pearson" and some bloke yelled out, "Yeah, but only when we're winning" after it had finished.  :dunno:

40 years doesn't come into as it's more of a modern thing. But it's there.

Even I our own fans know it I was at one game in the kop when we were singing "There's only one Nigel Pearson" and some bloke yelled out, "Yeah, but only when we're winning" after it had finished. :dunno:

I have also followed city for years, and we have been well known for alot of things, but not fickle, but I can see what your trying to get at, I think since the money first came in, the level of expectation has grown faster than the club, and I guess we had our share of fair weather supporters join our ranks.

What I don't get is people moaning about people moaning, ok some people moan( myself included at times), and yes it would be nice if it remained constructive, but come on we live in the real world, if somebody is having a moan, calling for the managers head, does it affect the way I support the club, no, and we all have a choice to ignore someones outburst if we don't agree, and support the club as we want to.

If somebodies outburst is totally ridiculous and annoying, is it not best just to ignore it, as the person probably just wants a response.

I for one will comment, critise the people running the club, if I feel it's warranted, and is constructive.

Alot of the constructive criticism of the manager and players has been warranted, after alot of poor performances and results, and the manager and players can eradicate that by getting consistent results, and giving consistent performances.

If you listened to the language Pearson used about the first half Saturday, he stated exactly what alot of people 'moaned' about first half Saturday, and the back end of last season.

And people suggesting only people who attend matches can moan because they see it through they own eyes is crap, anybody who supports and loves the club, wether by radio, sky or at the ground can voice the opinions/ displeasure, as we are all city fans, and all have an opinion on it, just because somebody is not at the ground doesn't mean they don't have a valid opinion.

You can argue all you want, we've got a rep these days, have a look around the net next time we lose "Leicester lost look, PEARSON OUT hahaha" Most opposing fans think the contempt some of our fans have towards a manager who has at worst a decent record for us is laughable (and it is, to be honest)

Constructive is fine, we are talking purely OTT reactions here, as I've already clearly stated. 

And you categorically cannot have an opinion on a match if you've listened to it on the radio........sorry lol

Archived