Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Leeds (H) Player Ratings

Schmeichel 6 - wish he'd put more thought into kicking - seems to be trying to provide an assist with every kick

Moore 7 - probably best player yesterday - particularly when he was at right back

Morgan 6 - solid but the most guilty of hoofing the ball (if that's what clearing your lines is now called)

Whitbread 6 - 1/10 based on rubbish spouted on here till I watched the recorded game myself

De Laet 5 - gets himself in great postions then usually wastes the final ball

James 5 - can play much better

Drinkwater 6 - best midfielder

King 5 - can play much better

Konchesky 5 - average

Nugent 5 - very predictable

Vardy 6 - tried hard enough

Dyer 5 - average

Knockaert 6 - some neat passing and pretty good apart from falling over the ball a couple of times

Wood 6 - pity he didn't start

Kasper 6 - Little to do.

RDL 5 - little effect on the game.

Konch 6 - Did what he needed to without fuss.

Whitbread 6 - 3's and 4's? Won everything in the second half. A few shaky moments throughout but the bloke has played his part in a clean sheet.

Morgan 6 - Wasn't bad, but Wasn't great. Got beat in the air more times than Whitbread.

Moore 7 - Not afraid to put his head in where it hurts, strong and does his job pretty well.

James 5 - Huffed and puffed through the game.

Drinkwater 6 - a little slow at times, perhaps could've used the ball better if the movement around him was better.

King 7 - His usual Industrious self, got through a lot of work again.

Nuge 6 - A little wasteful with the ball, still not 100% fit for me.

Vardy 6 - Worked hard and put them under a lot of pressure, did well to get on the end of a through ball which he put over.

Knocky 7 - We're so much better with him on. Ok, sometimes it's a bit too much but there's also that extra bit about us when he's playing.

Dyer 6 - Didn't know whether to come or go when going for 50/50's which lead to him losing them all. Pace gets him out of trouble. Pelts did a good job on him.

Wood 6 - Positive, unlucky not to score with the best chance of the game which he made himself.

Kitchandro, I'd love to know what game you were watching.

Schmeichel 7 Some tidy distribution, although nearly got us into trouble a couple of times too. Bit more commanding of his box from corners too which was good to see, a few decent punches.

De Laet 5 Not really in the game at all.

Moore 8 Outstanding. Some brilliant last ditch tackles and blocks. Wish someone would attack his throw-ins. Seriously impressive start to the season.

Morgan 7 Think 3-5-2 takes him out of the game too much personally. Still did ok though.

Whitbread 5 Dire first half but was very good in the air second half. Still looks a liability when strikers run at him.

Konchesky 5 Not a great game really. Playing wing back really doesn't suit his game.

James 6 Very decent first half, faded in the second though. Doesn't look as good in a 3 man midfield.

King 7 Industrious. Some sloppy play but always worked hard when we didn't have the ball.

Drinkwater 7 The three man midfield certainly suits him more than King and James. Slowed possession down a bit too much for me in the second half. Decent performance overall though.

Vardy 6 Worked hard but didn't really make anything happen.

Nugent 5 See above. Looked a bit off the pace to me too.

Dyer 6 Standard Dyer really. Offers us something different though, his pace is always a threat.

Knockaert 7 We looked much more threatening when he came on, there was finally a link between the midfield and strikers. He's much more effective behind the strikers than out wide. Needs to get rid of his petulance though.

Wood 6 One fantastic run and shot that was unlucky not to lead to a goal. Didn't really hold the ball up well enough.

Industrious ????? lol

So this is the new buzzword to describe King ???

He's just not bloody good enough period !!!!!!

As a new member no doubt I'm going toget stick but here goes:

Kasper - 7 didn't have much to do but made a vital save towards the end. Claimed every cross either punching or catching. Mixed up his distribution with kicks and quick throws.

Moore - 8 solid performance. Looks comfortable playing both right back and as a centr half with 3 at the back. A young Wes Morgan jn the making. Well deserved MOTM

Morgan - 7 Mr Consistent, solid as a rock.

Whitbread - 7 won every header. is distribution wasn't great at times but I can't understand how any of the back 3 can be given less than 7 considering we kept Leeds at arms length throughout the game, they never really looked like scoring and Schmeichel only had one save to make.

De Laet - 5 you could tell he wasn't 100% fit. Never got in the game, however I think 3-5-2 suits him.

Konch - 5 left Whitbread exposed too many times. He's more comfortable in a 4-4-2. Don't think he'll get much game time once Bakayogo is fit.

James - 5 never really got into the game. Hopefully this was a one off and his performances over recent months will be back against Derby.

King - 5 once again never got into the game, too weak at times when going into 50/50 challenges, never fully committed. Too many misplaced passes.

Drinkwater - 6 was best out of the 3 midfielders imo. Seemed to keep the ball better and kept play moving

Nugent - 5 didn't look interested. Wanted too much time on the ball instead of shooting. Had a chance to hit it with his left but broughht it onto his right instead.

Vardy - 7 looks a completely different player to last season. Had a first touch for the first time in a Leicetser shirt yesterday. Didn't get much service upfront but still caused Leeds defence problems by chasing lost causes. Made the keeper make a good save and did well to get to the one on one through ball before the keeper. Felt Nugent should've come off rather than Vardy, hope it doesn't knock his confidence after a good start to the season.

Sus:

Dyer - 6 never got into the game really, but did nothing wrong.

Knockaert - 6 looked more attacking when he came on however his runs didn't come to anything. I hope he will start in most home games this season in a 3-5-2 to give us more attacking threat as with King, James and Drinky they are too similar and it's too defensive. I think only reason the 3 started yesterday was because of the win at boro and would've been harsh to drop any of them.

Wood - 7 did well when he came on. Was unlucky with his effort that came off the post. Will be interesting to see whoch two start up front against Derby.

Industrious ????? lol

So this is the new buzzword to describe King ???

He's just not bloody good enough period !!!!!!

It's more accurate than the usual 'anonymous' tripe that's spouted on here.

This is a guy that's got 50 goals for us from midfield and played over 200 games. ****ing anonymity.

It's more accurate than the usual 'anonymous' tripe that's spouted on here.

This is a guy that's got 50 goals for us from midfield and played over 200 games. ****ing anonymity.

Iv seen most of those games & all the adjectives used to describe Andy King's performances in them .

Unfortunately ..."outstanding","match-winning","influential","powerful","dominating",magnificent" were not among them !!!

Dyer is really underrated around here. I thought it was him more than Knockaert, that finally gave us an attacking threat in the game. He created a lot of space with his running, which caused the few situations, where we actually looked a little dangerous.

When playing 3 in the centre of the park, at least one of them needs to be creative.  We have James who is tenacious and hard working, Drinkwater who keeps it ticking over by passing 5 yards and moving backwards and King who floats through the game anonymously, occasionally popping up just so you remember he is playing!  There is no creativity, no craft, no guile.  You cannot fault the work ethic but we will not get promoted with the squad we have got.

Kasper 6 - Strong from set-pieces, but otherwise didn't have much to do, and distribution was quite poor today.

RDL 6.5 - Caused their clueless left-back trouble all day, shame their CB's were in good form or we'd have netted a few from down that side.

Morgan 7 - Kept an admittedly clueless Leeds frontline quiet.

Whitbread 7 - Grew into the game. Card was a professional foul taken for the team & by the end he was involved in every challenge. I know it was offside, but his last-gasp goal line clearance capped a solid second half display.

Moore 7 - The reason we looked more dangerous down the right. Him and De Laet took advantage of a dodgy left back for Leeds, and coped well with their equally dodgy offense.

Konchesky 7 - I felt he was solid today. That's perhaps thanks to the pedestrian pace of the game, but he was particularly strong tracking back today, something he struggles with against faster teams.

James 5 - Pretty absent, but that can be said of the rest of the midfield and isn't neccesarily his fault. We barely utilised the centre of the park yesterday, which is his territory.

King 6 - See James, but he gets an extra point for covering the defense and providing backbone when Wes or Zak pushed forward.

DD 6 - Grew into the match when he started pushing forward, but again was absent in a game of wing play from both teams which cancelled each other out.

Vardy 7 - The only player in the first half that looked like scoring, and defended from the front. Leeds' full backs couldn't cope, but him and Nuge didn't really click for a final product.

Nugent 6 - A bit sloppy, but I was impressed with his heading today - won a suprising number of balls in the air. Shame the midfield didn't provide enough support.

Subs

Dyer 6 - Caused more trouble for a shaky defense, but again we seemed to run out of ideas once we'd strung a few passes together.

Knockeart 6 - Looking like getting back to himself, energetic and confident on the ball. Wish he'd run at defenses a bit more, but credit to their CB's for preventing shots in his range.

Wood 7 - Came closest to scoring, and reminded us why he's been first choice striker. Once the team realised Vardy was off the field, stopped the through balls which he'd never get to and passed to his feet, he was excellent. More of the same over 90 please!

On that showing, I'm happy with the point and have renewed confidence in our defense. I would start Wood and Vardy against Derby, and stick with the same back 3. Whitbread really impressed me in the second half, but as people have said, Moore put in an excellent shift and deserves MOTM. Overall, contrary to the miserable bastards who seem to have the Radio Leicester speed-dial hardwired into their pacemakers, I thought it was an enjoyable match, a fair result and a welcome first clean sheet.

UTF  :scarf:

Iv seen most of those games & all the adjectives used to describe Andy King's performances in them .

Unfortunately ..."outstanding","match-winning","influential","powerful","dominating",magnificent" were not among them !!!

Well that just proves you are a clown.

Dyer is really underrated around here. I thought it was him more than Knockaert, that finally gave us an attacking threat in the game. He created a lot of space with his running, which caused the few situations, where we actually looked a little dangerous.

They both did their part. Dyer provided much needed pace and directness, but no final ball. Knockaert made two decent chances and had a shot himself too.

Whitbread does really need to work on his game when he's on the ball. For an experienced defender the amount he just hoofs it out does not fit the style of play we're looking for. That being said, Moore wasn't fantastic at keeping the ball down either. Hopefully Miquel can bring a bit of class in that respect. 

Says the sad, pathetic prat who joined this forum the same year as myself .....yet has found the time, in his miserable excuse of a life, to post over 22.000 times more !!! 

I would ask to expand on the "match-winning" quote, when King has actually, er, put in match-winning performances, but I'm sure you'll avoid the subject altogether.

You go and enjoy your perfect life :thumbup:

I would ask to expand on the "match-winning" quote, when King has actually, er, put in match-winning performances, but I'm sure you'll avoid the subject altogether.

You go and enjoy your perfect life :thumbup:

Had you just simply asked me to expand on the subject Corky,i would have been more than willing to do so .

Unfortunately,you preferred to insult me instead ! :thumbup:

I agree Moore had a very good game. I'm not sure he should have been asked to continue with the long throw as there was never any chance of scoring given Leeds aerial dominance.

I didnt understand why we didnt utilise this long throw more, particularly in the second half. There we were with this fantastic long throw, and about 3 players in the box - why didnt we throw Morgan or even better Whitbread up there?

Archived