Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Leeds (H) Player Ratings

Schmeichel - 6.5 - Commanding enough, kicking crap and pointless though. Didn't really have to make a save.

Moore - 7 - Solid enough.

Morgan - 7- The same, we weren't really tested though.

Whitbread - 4 - He's shockingly slow and cumbersome, rubbish on the ball too. Annoying player to watch.

RDL - 5 - Didn't really look in the game

Konchesky - 2 - Another terrible performance. The first half especially he was nowhere to be seen at the back when Leeds were going forward.

James - 3 - Didn't realise he was there.

King - 3 - Very poor game, looked off the pace.

Drinkwater - 3 - I just don't see the point in him most of the time. He likes getting deeper and deeper, he's negative on the ball even with space to run into and his passing isn't that great. Boring player to watch and ineffectual.

Vardy - 7 - Can't fault his effort but he didn't get into the game.

Nugent - 4 - Looked very off the pace. Should have shot when in the box in the first half, made a lot of bad decisions and things didn't really come off for him.

Subs

Wood - 8 - Looked much better when he came on, hit the post with a great effort, looked fairly determined. Didn't have enough time to effect the game like he could have done.

Knockaert - 6 - He seemed angry when he came on, his legs seem to get shorter too. On the other hand, he did more than the starters did all game with a couple of runs towards the box and created a couple of 'openings' if that's what you want to call them. Had he been on for longer I'm convinced he would have made an impact.

Dyer - 6 - Was forced too deep but did OK. Had a couple of runs at them and pikced the right passes tooo, which nearly made something happen.

A 4 for Whitbread?

You weren't watching the same game as me.

On the ball he's pants I admit.

Aerially, he won nearly everything second half.

Did you really think Knockaert's performance was "embarrassing"?

He was the one bright spark in the second half. The only one picking out City men in decent positions. So what if he fell on the ball and had one long range shot?! You are desperate for him to fail. Desperate. To the point that you're blind to what wasn't a bad little cameo.

It's probably not even worth rising to cc_star. Probably the most embarrassingly blinkered poster on the forum. 

I've just got him on ignore these days, once you've read one of his posts you've basically read them all.

He was the one bright spark in the second half. The only one picking out City men in decent positions. So what if he fell on the ball and had one long range shot?! You are desperate for him to fail. Desperate. To the point that you're blind to what wasn't a bad little cameo.

I'm desperate for him to succeed, but he was woeful. Don't understand the love-in for what amounts to sum total of fvck all. He's needlessly selfish to the detriment of the team but with nothing of note to back it up since about February or whenever.

He loves himself so much it's destroying his game. Such a shame as for a spell last season he looked nailed on to be a potential gem.

King - 5 - Looked off the pace again.

Eh? Didn't he get voted MOTM from the Wycombe game? Seem to remember a few people said he was pretty decent second half at Boro too.

For the record, I watched on Sky and thought he was sloppy but not off the pace. James is off the pace.

I'm desperate for him to succeed, but he was woeful. Don't understand the love-in for what amounts to sum total of fvck all. He's needlessly selfish to the detriment of the team but with nothing of note to back it up since about February or whenever.

He loves himself so much it's destroying his game. Such a shame as for a spell last season he looked nailed on to be a potential gem.

You're still spouting shite unfortunately.

How do you know Knocky 'loves himself so much it's destroying his game'? What evidence have you to make that assertion?

When he came on today, we suddenly had a player who could pick a pass. Nugent was angry with himself when he blazed over from a Knocky through ball.

Please try harder...

He's a moron, it is impossible for his victims (knockaert, Whitbread, Konchesky) to have a good game zzz

Eh? Didn't he get voted MOTM from the Wycombe game? Seem to remember a few people said he was pretty decent second half at Boro too.

For the record, I watched on Sky and thought he was sloppy but not off the pace. James is off the pace.

I didn't go to Wycombe. I went to Middlesbrough though.

Didn't think the midfield was that good today either. A couple of times King looked slow though imo. However, we weren't exactly excellent today (all round).

Schmeichel 7 - iffy distribution but commanded his area well.

Moore - 8 motm

Morgan - 7 as per

Whitbread - 5 really poor in 352,looked much more comfortable when we switched to 442

Rdl - 5 very quiet

Drinkwater - 6 kept possession well

King - 5 anonymous

James - 5 same as King but with a few nice touches

Konch - 5 again looks better in a 442

Nugent - 5 very quiet, didn't cause them problems

Vardy - 6 lucky with the little kick out in front of the linesman

Wood - 7 posed a threat, looked up for it

Knockaert - 6 creative but moaned and whinged too much for my liking. His own number 1 fan

Dyer - 6 some good pacy runs but we didn't use him to his full potential

Nige - 5 not enough ambition shown. We looked like an away team.

Agree with the ratings, but we certainly didn't play 442 at any point?

I actually thought Whitbread played well. Got his head on to everything, didnt get injured, passed pretty well. 

:ph34r:

I agree!

Bit scary when he was in the box though thought he'd take the player down, apart from that a solid game.

Kasper 6 - Nothing to do apart from kick the ball, 2 lovely balls the rest were questionable.

RDL 6 - Actually thought he played well at times and quite dangerous down the flank, could tell he was not 100% and expect an even better display against derby

Morgan 6 - Solid

Whitbread 6 - Solid

Moore 8 - What a player this lad can be. Putting his body on the line, getting tackles in and he's a local lad. bravo.

Konchesky 6 - Not as bad as people make out, did what was asked.

James 5.5 - Not his best game, but everybody has off days

King 6 - Did what was asked, controlled the game well.

DD 6 - Good but has the wrong role. Not the creative player we need in his position.

Vardy 6 - Tried hard but no end product. Good effort.

Nugent 6 - Lacked the finishing touch today. Controlled however.

Subs:

Knockaert 7 - Frustrating at times but can deliver balls DD can't. Our most creative player and he needs to start against derby. Looked alot more lively when he was  on.

Wood  6.5 - Good shot, and added more tempo to the game. Proved he is a lot better with his feet and if we give it to him on the ground he can be deadly. Should start vs Derby.

Dyer 5 - Not a wing back, doesn't know whether he is coming or going.

Kasper - 7 - Covered crosses well, distribution is class.

Moore - 8 - Solid, blocked a lot, snuffed out every attack.

Morgan - 7 - Didn't look as composed as usual but still class.

Whitbread - 7 - Get's a harsh time, sorted himself out well in the 2nd 45.

De Laet - 7 - Considering he was unwell, got around well

James - 5 - Anonymous

King - 6 - Got stuck in but showed little quality.

Drinkwater - 7 - Best midfielder for us, fell off the pace in the 2nd half though.

Konchesky - 6 - Average

Vardy - 7 - Pressured Leeds defence into mistakes.

Nugent - 5 - Lively but little quality

Schmeichel 6.5 - Solid enough off crosses. Distribution was hit and miss, but he is trying far more ambitious passes than most goalkeepers at this level, largely due to the lack of options in front of him.

Moore 8 - Our best player by a fair distance.

Morgan 6 - Nowhere near his best at the moment as I see it. Beaten fairly frequently in the air but otherwise relatively steady.

Whitbread 6 - Poor first half where he kept being caught out by the diagonal (maybe that just happens in a 3-5-2) but excellent in the second half, rock solid.

De Laet 5 - Not his best game, but apparently ill.

Konchesky 5 - Not a wing-back in a billion years but tried his best.

James 4 - Barely noticed he was playing, bar a couple of decent set pieces. Possibly carrying a knock.

King 4 - I'm a big fan but I thought he had a poor game today.

Drinkwater 5 - Seemed to enjoy playing at the top of the 3, but he's not good enough to play there. We have better players to play that position (Marshall and Knockaert). Got into some really interesting positions and played one or two nice passes in the first half but in the second half he was ponderous and wasteful. Too much time watching Richie.

Vardy 5 - Full of running, no end product.

Nugent 5 - As above

subs: 

Dyer 5 - Meh.

Knockaert 6 - We'd barely had a shot before he came on and within 10 minutes he'd set up 2 or 3 "openings" (we won't call them chances, there weren't any). Then trod on the ball and almost cost us.

Wood 6.5 - Apart from the bumbling run and excellent shot which cannoned off the post, I'm not sure he offered much. But that was the closest either team came to scoring.

At the ground:

Kasper - 6 - Great distribution from everywhere but his feet.

Moore - 8 - Fantastic today, absolutely fantastic. Why we're starting no-marks like St. Ledger over him baffles me.

Morgan - 7.5 - Standard Wes. 

Whitbread - 5.5/6 - Some heart in mouth / head in hands moments but he looked much improved second half. He has an air of panic about him that I'd not expect in such a seasoned pro but he didn't disgrace himself today. Thought he took one for the team with that yellow, too.

RDL - 6 - Tried hard to make stuff come off but had little joy. Can't fault the application but I personally think he plays better with a man in front of him, especially given a static midfield to work with.

Konch - 6 - See De Laet, difference being Konch doesn't have the pace / guile to beat a man. Steady shift though.

James - 5 - Off the pace, bar one or two touches didn't look like creating anything. Little movement.

King - 5.5 - See James, marginally tidier but nothing to write home about.

Drinkwater - 5 - I don't mind people taking time on the ball, I think if anything it should be encouraged in certain situations, but there's a point where carrying the ball becomes dordling. Happened more than once today.

The midfield as a collective trio seemed to panic, to me. Nobody seemed capable of generating any space. Lots of standing around.

Vardy & Nugent - 5.5 - Hard to mark a duo that were offered nothing from a non-existent midfield triumvate. The pair of them (Vardy, in particular) always look to cleverly peel off the last man and use their pace, but the service to the two of them was nothing short of embarrassing.

The subs : A collective 6 : Dyer will always unnerve defences with his pace, seeing him come onto the pitch in the last 30 must be a nightmare, Knockaert looked tidy (if a little greedy) but at least provided a link between defence and attack that was completely lacking until his arrival. Wood showed some nice touches.

United really weren't anything to write home about, though. McCormack always looks a handful, mind. I don't think 3-5-2 suits the players we have here all that well.

Archived