Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Leeds (H) Player Ratings

Did you really think Knockaert's performance was "embarrassing"?

He was the one bright spark in the second half. The only one picking out City men in decent positions. So what if he fell on the ball and had one long range shot?! You are desperate for him to fail. Desperate. To the point that you're blind to what wasn't a bad little cameo.

No he just likes slating him as much as possible because he doesn't like how he is rated and his mate Vardy isn't.

Kasper 6. Made 1 good save, put us under unnecessary pressure a couple of times with his throw outs

RDL 5. Quiet game by his standards

Moore 7. Gets beaten in the air too much but very committed today. Made some great blocks and tackles

Whitbread 6. Great in the air but at times looks laboured. Hoofs it too much as well

Morgan 7. One superb tackle in the first half in our penalty area. Usual commanding self

Konch 5. Defended ok but offered nothing going forward. Not his fault though, as he's no wing back IMO

King 6 Worked hard but largely ineffective

James 6 see above

Drinkwater 6. Gave the ball away a bit but kept us ticking along

Vardy 6.5. Worked hard, showed some nice touches. Little service

Nuge 5.5. Very average from him, probably not 100% fit

Wood 7. Looked fired up but never ever ever jumps for headers which irritates me

Knocky 6.5. Makes things happen for us. Gives us a spark.

Dyer 5. Hardly had the ball

Schmeichel - 7. Good game. Caught nearly everything today and that's normally one of my main criticisms of him.

Moore - 8. Solid.

Morgan - 7. Solid enough.

Whitbread - 6. Poor first half, a very decent second.

De Laet - 6. Quiet game I thought, but it happens.

James - 5. Quiet again. I'm a fan of his but he's had a slow start to the season for me.

King - 5. See James.

Drinkwater - 5. See King & James. The three are too similar.

Konchesky - 6. Can't knock his effort, but too limited going forward.

Nugent - 4. Poor. I think the service didn't help but he seemed too scared to shoot.

Vardy - 5. Tried hard but like Nugent, didn't really seem to happen for him.

Subs;

Dyer - 3. Ineffective.

Knockaert - 7. Changed things for us I thought.

Wood - 6. Looked better than the other two forwards, unlucky not to score.

Kasper 6 Did well coming to collect the ball and his throwing distribution was very decent I thought, but his kicking wasn't great, kicking it out of play a couple of times.

Whitbread 5 Bad on the ball with his feet, I think that's hard to argue, especially today. But totally commanding in the air as usual.

Moore 7 Played very well but he loses his headers a lot from their goal kicks which can turn into quick attacks from them. 

Morgan 7 Very decent as usual for me.

RDL 6 I thought started very positively attacking down the wing and linking up well with a few clever passes. Seemed to quiet down after 2nd half though.

Konchesky 6 Think people are being a bit harsh on Konch for me, i'm not his biggest fan but thought he had a half decent game today.

James 4 Normally love watching him but definitely not at his best today.

King 5 One of the only matches i'd say I wasn't happy with him today. Lost the ball a few times.

Drinkwater 5 Seemed to slow the game down and just held the ball up when I felt he could have moved the ball on quickly and it would have been more effective

Vardy 6 Thought his effort and pace was useful but didn't get enough service.

Nugent 6 Needs to shoot more. Idk if Nigel tells them not to shoot from outside the box but he just seems to dribble into the defence and lose it.

Dyer 5 Didn't do much.

Knocky 6 Seemed to create more going forward.

Wood 7 Looked sharp and effective when he came on. Think he should start with Nugent against Derby.

Didn't look like a 4-4-2 to me at all, it just looked like a continuation of 5-3-2, with Lloyd and Moore as wing backs and Konchesky at left CB.

Moore hadn't realised he was supposed to be RWB rather then just Rb at the time

Schmeichel 6 for god sake man catch the ball there was 1 punch where he had to make more of an effort to punch then catch and barely reached the edge of the box

Moore 8 BEAST

Morgan 6

Whitbread 6

De Laet 5

James 5

Drinkwater 7

King 6

Konchesky 4 as LWB 6 when he moved to CB

Nugent 5 ffs shoot, and learn a new trick you telegraph that cut in to shoot from the left try actually using your left foot to set it up

Vardy 7 surprised he was subbed and not Nugent

Dyer 5 was caught being indecisive too much, either commit to the tackle or drop off

Knockaert 6 doesn't seem to get into the game that quickly when a sub, still our biggest creative spark though

Wood 6 seemed closer to the player we bought nearly won it with a piece of solo play

Moore's long throws and awesome, Wes, Whitbread and Wood need to attack them at full pelt

Schmeichel - 6.5 - Commanding enough, kicking crap and pointless though. Didn't really have to make a save.

Moore - 7 - Solid enough.

Morgan - 7- The same, we weren't really tested though.

Whitbread - 4 - He's shockingly slow and cumbersome, rubbish on the ball too. Annoying player to watch.

RDL - 5 - Didn't really look in the game

Konchesky - 2 - Another terrible performance. The first half especially he was nowhere to be seen at the back when Leeds were going forward.

James - 3 - Didn't realise he was there.

King - 3 - Very poor game, looked off the pace.

Drinkwater - 3 - I just don't see the point in him most of the time. He likes getting deeper and deeper, he's negative on the ball even with space to run into and his passing isn't that great. Boring player to watch and ineffectual.

Vardy - 7 - Can't fault his effort but he didn't get into the game.

Nugent - 4 - Looked very off the pace. Should have shot when in the box in the first half, made a lot of bad decisions and things didn't really come off for him.

Subs

Wood - 8 - Looked much better when he came on, hit the post with a great effort, looked fairly determined. Didn't have enough time to effect the game like he could have done.

Knockaert - 6 - He seemed angry when he came on, his legs seem to get shorter too. On the other hand, he did more than the starters did all game with a couple of runs towards the box and created a couple of 'openings' if that's what you want to call them. Had he been on for longer I'm convinced he would have made an impact.

Dyer - 6 - Was forced too deep but did OK. Had a couple of runs at them and pikced the right passes tooo, which nearly made something happen.

These ratings are absolutely ridiculous!!!

If i didnt know the result i'd think we'd lost 4 or 5 nil to bottom of the league based on this

Just gobsmacked at the low ratings for our midfield and Whitbread.....

Whilst we didnt pull up any trees in midfield, we hardly got bossed around etc.

Austion is clearly a very good player but we had the upper hand in there for me.

Plus Whitbread was part of a back 3 that delat very well with their attack and got us a clean sheet

Kasper 7.5 - did everything necessary and wasn't troubled

Konch 6.5 - okay

Moore 8 - clearly the best player on the pitch. Great blocks, good defense and wonderful throws.

Whitbread 7 - no complaints - dealt with the aerial challenge well

Morgan 6.5 - solid

De Laet 5.5 - not his best game today

Drinkwater 6 - okay but we need more

James 7 - our best midfielder

King 5.5 - below standard today, should have set up at least 1 goal.

Vardy 7 - good start then tailed off

Nuge 6.5 - an off day for him.

Knocky 7 - he changed the game when he came on

Dyer 6 - didn't do much

Wood 7 - great shot , unlucky not to win it for us.

tactics 5 - we're not using the players to the best of their abilities in an attacking sense. but the defence was solid.

Austion is clearly a very good player but we had the upper hand in there for me.

Plus Whitbread was part of a back 3 that delat very well with their attack and got us a clean sheet

Why? they weren't very good at all well certainly didn't show what they were capable of imo misplaced passes etc.

Kasper- 6 No save to make but always in command of crosses. Tried to throw out more often yet kicking was mixed

Moore- 8 Very accomplished display

Morgan- 7 Controlled his area fine

Whitbread- 7 Looks better in the air compared to the ground

De Laet- 6 Didn't really get in the game

Konchesky- 4 Not good enough from him

King- 6 Decent effort, could improve

Drinkwater- 6 Bit slow at times though kept the ball moving

James- 5 Never really contributed effectively

Nugent- 6 Too often he tried to shoot when closed down immediately, worked the channels well

Vardy- 6 Touch looked improved, had our only other meaningful attempt

Dyer- 5

Knockaert- 6

Wood- 6 Carved out a chance for himself, fine effort on goal

Why? they weren't very good at all well certainly didn't show what they were capable of imo misplaced passes etc.

I've openly said we didnt pull up any trees but King and Drinkwater in particular tried to make things happen.

Its the 2nd game of the season, we were solid without being inspiring and you cant say Leeds midfield dominated cos they didnt.....

We just need to mix it up a bit as the 3 centre mids are similar

Love all the bandwagonesque Konch haters that expect him to play box to box. Thought he did okay. Thought Whitbread was a bit suspect first half but second half really settled in and was strong in the air. De laet thought played well too all things considered and Moore and Wes were just superb. Kingy drifted as he does when team get a bit physical and in general we need a tenacious midfielder that we have lacked for years. Vardy worked his socks off. 

Kasper 7 looked in charge and competent throughout

RDL 6 our most creative player in the 352 system as we don't create thro the middle or left

Moore 9 outstanding

Morgan 7 solid

Whitbread 7 I was worried prior to the game buthe didn't commit numerous fouls as he usually does , was solid in the air and cleated it when it came to him, maybe the best we can expect from him

Konch 6 seemed to play too deep  which made our shape more 532 not suited to the wingback role

James 6 never got a foothold into the match he was out muscled

King 6 see James

Drinkwater 6 see James

Nugent 6 average didn't get the service

Vardy 6 see Nugent

subs Dyer 6 no creativity

Knocky 6  buzzed about but rarely threatened

Wood 7 added a physical presence worked hard

Kasper 6 - Little to do. Quick deliveries are hit and miss.

RDL 6.5 - One of our better palyers, shame he had to go off.

Morgan 7 - As ever.

Whitbread 5 - Shaky and nervous. I'm not writing him off yet though, he may just need to settle down.

Moore 8 - Superb and looked half decent going forward as well, which has always been a criticism I've had of him.

Konchesky 6 - Average.

James 5.5 - Not involved enough.

King 6 - Quiet but good work rate. I wish he'd be a bit more adventurous.

DD 6 - Gave it away too much for my liking and is too negative.

Vardy 6 - Pace and energy. Little else.

Nugent 5 - Predictable. All he did was cut in on his right foot and attempt a shot, even when he had 3 or 4 Leeds defenders right in front of him.

Subs:

Knockaert 7 - A bit over zealous at times, but changed the game because of his desire and creativity. Has to start.

Wood  7 - Great work rate and was a handful.

Dyer 5 - Didn't do a great deal.

These ratings are absolutely ridiculous!!!

If i didnt know the result i'd think we'd lost 4 or 5 nil to bottom of the league based on this

How so? Who's in particular should be higher?

I'm struggling to think of many good things we did or many players that looked any good. If we were playing a better side than Leeds we would have lost maybe 2 or 3-0. We weren't that solid as a whole, there was some really sloppy positional play, and we never looked like scoring or even creating chances apart from a notable exception.

Really - who in there deserves a higher rating? There were some really dodgy performances yesterday.

Austin is not a particularly good player. He's certainly no technically better than our midfielders, especially Knockaert, but we didn't bother playing him.

Don't you get that we should be pulling up trees in midfield at home? If we created as little as yesterday that is shit. In the long run such poor passing, tempo and ideas is unacceptable. That is why the midfield gets low ratings. Their job is to keep the ball and create and they failed miserably yesterday.

Whitbread as an individual is terrible. He cannot pass, period. He's horrendously slow which caught him out numerous times (though he wasn't helped by Konchesky going missing) and he gives away stupid fouls because he's not good enough to win the ball or even jockey. He nearly gave yet another penalty away yesterday after some really shit defending to which his reaction was to pull on the man's shirt.

He looks a shocking player to me, he may have some talent in the air but that's it.

I would give everyone 6 or 7, with Moore being the pick and De Laet the poorest, though reading above he might have been unwell.

Much more interestingly is that, despite the individual scores, the team deserved no more than a 5, at best.

They seemed to be playing to strict instruction and reluctant to get fully involved, just doing what they were told and little else.

How so? Who's in particular should be higher?

I'm struggling to think of many good things we did or many players that looked any good. If we were playing a better side than Leeds we would have lost maybe 2 or 3-0. We weren't that solid as a whole, there was some really sloppy positional play, and we never looked like scoring or even creating chances apart from a notable exception.

Really - who in there deserves a higher rating? There were some really dodgy performances yesterday.

Im not having a dig mate cos you saw the game like the rest of us but i struggle to see how you can rate players that low.

The effort and commitment was there for us to see, we just lacked a cutting edge yesterday and need to sort a few things but we were hardly poor. We could of easily nicked a 1-0 and then we'd have 2 wins on the board plus we never looked like conceding which is stark contrast to the end of last season when we shipped goals for fun.

All 3 midfielders a 3 meaning a combined rating of 9 is silly!! Whibread 4!!! He's played his part in a clean sheet, what would you rate him had we lost 2 or 3 nil?

He won most of his headers and was generally solid.

As for Konch a 2, have a word!!! I dont think he is a wing back and does struggle more in that role but he did ok, covered alot of ground and did very little wrong

People marking Drinkwater 3's and 4's must've been watching a different game to me. Second best player behind Moore. Looked to link up play all the time but very little decent movement around him.

Also I was slating Whitbread all through the game because he was awful but the last 15 minutes when Matt Smith came on he looked superb

Austin is not a particularly good player. He's certainly no technically better than our midfielders, especially Knockaert, but we didn't bother playing him.

Don't you get that we should be pulling up trees in midfield at home? If we created as little as yesterday that is shit. In the long run such poor passing, tempo and ideas is unacceptable. That is why the midfield gets low ratings. Their job is to keep the ball and create and they failed miserably yesterday.

Whitbread as an individual is terrible. He cannot pass, period. He's horrendously slow which caught him out numerous times (though he wasn't helped by Konchesky going missing) and he gives away stupid fouls because he's not good enough to win the ball or even jockey. He nearly gave yet another penalty away yesterday after some really shit defending to which his reaction was to pull on the man's shirt.

He looks a shocking player to me, he may have some talent in the air but that's it.

The onyl thing i'll say about the midfield is that its too similar, we need someone like Knocky or Marshall in there to create but i do like a 3 man midfield, makes us more solid.

I was uninspired at times yesterday, same as everyone, but my point is, we're 2 games in and we've done ok so no need to give players ratings of 2/3. I was at Barnsley away and Derby away last season when players deserved 2's and 3's but yesterday was nowhere near that level.

I expect us to improve going forward but its early days and we've not lost

Archived