Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WhatsHisName

The Plantagenet Alliance Vs Leicester re Richard III

If my backside had been the hight court judge, it would have done better tjob than that useless judge. We wait all that time for a judgement, and that waste of space comes up with some crap that he probably only spent 5 minutes on.

I'll tell you something shocking about the plantagenet, alliance which is behind all this. It is now a private company, so when they do lose in court, they could just declare the company bankrupt and a\void paying legal costs.http://kingrichardcampaign.org.uk/r3wp/legal/

Their lose will bring shame upon that crappy town york, and we from Leicester will be celebrating while they think about what losers they have made themselves look, while giving Leicester a great deal of free publicity.

I'll tell you something shocking about the plantagenet, alliance which is behind all this. It is now a private company, so when they do lose in court, they could just declare the company bankrupt and a\void paying legal costs.http://kingrichardcampaign.org.uk/r3wp/legal/

Their lose will bring shame upon that crappy town york, and we from Leicester will be celebrating while they think about what losers they have made themselves look, while giving Leicester a great deal of free publicity.

Do they have any sort of case? Now a private company they could attract backers with money or willing to have free publicity.

They have Brian blessed and Geoffry Boycott as supporters.

We need the Attenborough;s Kazaban Showaddywaddy Englebert Gay Lineker and Nige.

Or maybe David Icke ? ummm ok maybe he wouldn't be a good idea, but when this gets to court the world will see what a bunch of losers they are in york

I know John Coster of Citezens' Eye I'll see if he's running the story or a campaign. Don't know if any films about it are planned at the DocFilm Fest in November.

Nothing on the site ATM but it may have to be updated. He can't be on 24/7

Do they have any sort of case? Now a private company they could attract backers with money or willing to have free publicity.

They have Brian blessed and Geoffry Boycott as supporters.

We need the Attenborough;s Kazaban Showaddywaddy Englebert Gay Lineker and Nige.

I'm fairly sure he's straight

Gary+Lineker-DanielleBux_.jpg

Does sound an awful lot like the man himself would probably have wanted to be buried in York like.

Probably would have wanted to win the Battle of Bosworth too but life's full of disappointments.

You might find the 'Petition ... ' page will delete your comment and block you if your comment is even slightly pro-Leicester. I've been blocked for merely challenging them. You should be ok on the Richard III Society page ... and you will be welcomed on this one ... https://www.facebook.com/BuryRichardIIIInLeicester?fref=ts

Thanks, I joined the FB page and signed the petition.

York minster don't want him, and no matter how much they keep banging on about him wishing to be buried in York there is no evidence to support this and is a case of shouting about something loud enough and long enough until people believe it.

Whoo hoo, 1000 post.

They have run a campaign based on misinformation, propaganda, spin and out and out lies. People have been duped into signing their e-petition based on this rubbish aided by a media that knows nothing of this historical period. Jon Ashworth MP has described the decision to allow a Judicial Review as 'bonkers' and the judge 'Crazy'. I don't think many people will argue with that.

Time for the Leicester Mercury to do some investigative journalism to put the facts straight and expose this pack of lies.

Leave him in Leicester !!!!!!!!!!!!

Just discussing it with a friend on Facebook: he said this" To be fair neither does Leicester and the rules of 'finders keepers' seem inappropriate considering its a king. The government could have avoided this in 2 ways 1) actually discuss properly and come to an agreement with all parties involved before any excavation work started instead of making backroom/secret agreements or 2) have him buried in westminster abbey with the other kings and queens which arguably is more appropriate than york and leicester".

On his first point, I've no idea if any dealings were done. May someone educate me? :P

It was well known the dig was going ahead, nothing was done in secret. The Richard III society Set up a Petition in York, had interviews in the local media, contacted local mp's and any relevant bodies. They didn't get a response or generate interest from anyone. The Plantagenet alliance didn't exist at the point the license was given. Also from what I've read they're not from York and the vast majority of the signatures on the e petition aren't even from York, they've just been latched onto by the York tourist board. Add to that that they don't know their history.

I am a distant relative of Richard of York whose full surname was York-Oxlong. If he is to be buried up North, as one of his family I wish to be fully consulted about the arrangements and would very much like his full surname to be used on the memorial/headstone.

I am a distant relative of Richard of York whose full surname was York-Oxlong. If he is to be buried up North, as one of his family I wish to be fully consulted about the arrangements and would very much like his full surname to be used on the memorial/headstone.

The Plantagenet Alliance will tell you he was Richard of York when, in fact, before becoming Richard III he was Richard, Duke of Gloucester. Richard of York was his father. More lies put out by these idiots.

Just discussing it with a friend on Facebook: he said this" To be fair neither does Leicester and the rules of 'finders keepers' seem inappropriate considering its a king. The government could have avoided this in 2 ways 1) actually discuss properly and come to an agreement with all parties involved before any excavation work started instead of making backroom/secret agreements or 2) have him buried in westminster abbey with the other kings and queens which arguably is more appropriate than york and leicester".

On his first point, I've no idea if any dealings were done. May someone educate me? :P

Who exactly are the involved parties ?? The millions of 'distant' relatives (note: not descendants of which there are NONE) ?? There is no room to bury anyone in Westminster as it's full. No royalty have been buried there for over 200 years. Windsor is a possibility but the Queen wouldn't entertain it and probably not appropriate as many Tudors are already in there.

Leicester Cathedral is the right and proper place.

Archived