Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WhatsHisName

The Plantagenet Alliance Vs Leicester re Richard III

Just thinking it is only a few weeks till the battle day re-enactment. I wonder what the visitor centre has planned?

I think it's on the 16th August but it clashes with an appointment with Everton. I'd have gone to Bosworth otherwise.

I may take a look then. Its not as if I'm going to go every week. I have only visited the Space centre Once or twice when it first opened. That was charge and I thought it VFM so why not> I can say I;ve been then. Something to do in my old age.

If you gift aid your entry fee they'll give you an annual pass. Even more value for money.

Just thinking it is only a few weeks till the battle day re-enactment. I wonder what the visitor centre has planned?

I believe they've organised some fisticuffs with some morons from York. Most likely a fight in a car park somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Richard III to have 'effective state funeral'http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/11018416/Richard-III-to-have-effective-state-funeral.html#

The world will be watching. And Geoffrey Boycott is a complete idiot, yorkshire has made more money out of it's history than most towns on this planet http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-28726070

Went to the visitor centre on a visit back home with the girlfriend and meet my parents there. That area of town is really starting to take shape and look great. So much history in those parts.

The visitor centre is excellent, very informative and interesting and a good length as takes just under an hour start to finnish we found.

Great for our city and particular sweet for me living in Yorkshire where it seems as a big one nil to Leicester and not York.

• 2 weeks later...

''The country's most senior clergy will take part in services to mark the reinterment of King Richard III.

Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby has announced he will take a service at Leicester Cathedral next year.He will be joined by the Cardinal Archbishop of Westminster to take mass at local churches in the week running up to the service, on 26 March 2015

It means senior members of both the Catholic church and Church of England will be key to the reinterment''

Bloody hell this is going to be BIG, the world will be watching

''The country's most senior clergy will take part in services to mark the reinterment of King Richard III.

Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby has announced he will take a service at Leicester Cathedral next year.He will be joined by the Cardinal Archbishop of Westminster to take mass at local churches in the week running up to the service, on 26 March 2015

It means senior members of both the Catholic church and Church of England will be key to the reinterment''

Bloody hell this is going to be BIG, the world will be watching

Shame that Channel 4 are doing the TV coverage, would have prefered the BBC but I guess its better than nothing.

I'm not interested in religion either to the point that I won't participate in the singing of hymn's or saying prayers at Weddings and funerals etc. However, I do appreciate churches as historical monuments of the past as it's our heritage. I'm always up for a gander around an old church and our Cathedral is no exception. Sadly it's being 'reordered' at the moment so I hope it still retains it's character when they have finished installing the tomb etc.

This is a very big deal for Leicester putting the city on the world stage. Robin Hood ?? Pah !! We've got a real King. The city and county out to Bosworth will be rammed next March.

Out of interest, does anyone know where the King's remains are stored at the moment? In a cardboard box at the University somewhere, like in the C4 documentary. 

The university has the remains, and I suspect they are in something better than a cardboard box now.

This is a very big deal for Leicester putting the city on the world stage. Robin Hood ?? Pah !! We've got a real King. The city and county out to Bosworth will be rammed next March.

This is a HUGE thing. Snottingham has their robin hood rubbish, and York has, well who cares. Hopefully more people will learn about our great histroy here now, just as some of us have become aware of it thanks to publicity created by the discovery of OUR king. And the religious element of this reburial creates even more international publicity for the city

Not really interested in the funeral. Its the church and religion that is off-putting.

So you're going to turn your nose up at the biggest event to happen in your home city because it happens to be in a church? I'm not quite sure where you were expecting a reburial to take place? I'm as unrelegious as anyone, and I'll be enjoying this and all the events around it.

This is a HUGE thing. Snottingham has their robin hood rubbish, and York has, well who cares. Hopefully more people will learn about our great histroy here now, just as some of us have become aware of it thanks to publicity created by the discovery of OUR king. And the religious element of this reburial creates even more international publicity for the city

Nottingham stole the story of Robin Hood for themselves anyway, Yorkshire has a bigger claim on that story than King Richard III.

Events Yes. Celebration yfufral procession

The funeral procession will make good tv and people from around the world will watch it and many will come from other countries to take part.

Having lost the battle for KRIII, seems Robin Hood is their next target.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/daggers-drawn-in-bid-to-bring-robin-hood-home-1-6825688

I think it's a bit too late now for them to take an interest in Robin Hood. 

And the plantagenet alliance are a complete joke, with their letter being read out on youtube not being taken seriously - link to the youtube video near the end of the page http://www.kingrichardcampaign.org.uk/

Archived