Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WhatsHisName

The Plantagenet Alliance Vs Leicester re Richard III

''Yorkists fear an elaborate King Richard III reburial could reignite War of the Roses'' http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/yorkists-fear-elaborate-king-richard-iii-reburial-could-reignite-war-of-the-roses-9794378.html

Sad pathetic losers.

"We have had letters from academics who fear he will be abused on this final journey. Already we have seen someone place a red rose on Richard’s statue at Leicester Cathedral."

Oh the rotten bastards, placing a red rose on his statue. We Leicester people should all hang out heads in shame.  lol

I've been, didn't think much to it. It even had  disposable overalls as part of the exhibition because they were the type the archaeologists wore. seemed like they were just trying to fill the exhibition with anything. 

I really enjoyed it, the only disappointment for me was that they didn't have a little bit more on the Battle of Bosworth field and a bit more build up to the actual event. For £8 I thought it was a good couple of hours entertainment.

Impressed and glad it's been recognised.

"We have had letters from academics who fear he will be abused on this final journey. Already we have seen someone place a red rose on Richard’s statue at Leicester Cathedral."

Oh the rotten bastards, placing a red rose on his statue. We Leicester people should all hang out heads in shame.  lol

Not only did we place a red rose on his statue, but instead of simply dumping him in the ground, we're going to an ''elaborate funeral' for him. And I dread to think what we will do to him on his train journey here, we may shamefully treat his remains with respect and dignity - have we no shame ?

• 2 months later...

A petition calling for Richard III's bones to be taken to a Catholic chapel is to be handed to church leaders.

His remains have been stored at the University of Leicester since they were found under a city car park in 2012.

The 2,000-signature petition is asking the Archbishop of Westminster to press for their transfer before reinterment.

Leicester Cathedral and the local Catholic diocese said the decision to bury the king at the cathedral has the full support of the Catholic Church.

After being killed in battle in 1485, Richard gained a reputation for cruelty.

_68067967_160754056.jpg

But supporters insist this is propaganda and he was in fact a pious Roman Catholic.

Since his skeleton was excavated, a row has developed about how it should be treated.

'Scientific specimen'

The Looking for Richard team said an early agreement between them and the university meant the king's bones should have been released to them.

Project leader Philippa Langley said: "It seems this former king and head of state is to be treated as a scientific specimen right up to and including the point at which he is laid in his coffin."

Dr John Ashdown-Hill, a historian who worked to identify the bones, said: "If the remains of identifiable individuals are uncovered in the future, will they be coffined as scientific specimens with no recognition of their beliefs and burial rites?"

_76794610_75554318.jpgThe king's bones will be placed in a tomb in the remodelled Leicester Cathedral during the service

Leicester Cathedral and the Catholic Diocese of Nottingham said in a joint statement the group's frustrations over the burial were "fundamentally misplaced" and a Mass for the king would be held as part of the reinterment ceremonies.

"There is no requirement in the Catholic tradition for prayers to be said at the coffining of human remains, including those of a monarch. The arrangements agreed between the university and the cathedral have the full support of the Catholic Church," the statement said.

It said there was "no legal credibility" to suggest the arrangement breached private agreements between the group and the university.

Richard is due to be reinterred in Leicester Cathedral on 26 March.

If he'd known about all the total bollocks that he'd be connected with in a few centuries time, I reckon he'd probably have put his sword down, told the assembled armies it wasn't worth it and taken everybody down the pub.

F*** knows what he would have done if he'd seen this though.  I've never quite decided, but I think it might be the worst television programme ever made, and I've seen 'Don't forget the Lyrics', with Shane Ritchie.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/richard-iii-the-king-in-the-car-park

If you've not seen it, Channel 4 send crew to make half arsed documentary on what is presumably expected to be a wild goose chase, then completely fail to capture importance of occasion when they actually find the skeleton, by allowing programme to be hijacked by total nutcase from the Richard III society while the bloke from Horrible Histories looks on with mixture of bemusement/boredom

Just a bit. Have you seen in that documentary when that woman starts crying because it turns out Richard has a wonky spine after all. Bonkers

I did lol

She did a segment at the museum in town as well upstairs on video where she speaks about how her inner spirit can speak to Richard and that's how she knew he was under the car park.

She's absolutely crackers, I dread to think how they will show themselves up at the funeral.

If he'd known about all the total bollocks that he'd be connected with in a few centuries time, I reckon he'd probably have put his sword down, told the assembled armies it wasn't worth it and taken everybody down the pub.

F*** knows what he would have done if he'd seen this though.  I've never quite decided, but I think it might be the worst television programme ever made, and I've seen 'Don't forget the Lyrics', with Shane Ritchie.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/richard-iii-the-king-in-the-car-park

If you've not seen it, Channel 4 send crew to make half arsed documentary on what is presumably expected to be a wild goose chase, then completely fail to capture importance of occasion when they actually find the skeleton, by allowing programme to be hijacked by total nutcase from the Richard III society while the bloke from Horrible Histories looks on with mixture of bemusement/boredom

The 40 minute press conference that the University did to announce the find was far more interesting than that C4 show, going through all the science that led to him being identified, plus it has a Jeremy Kyle-type DNA results bit at the end  lol

Dread to think what C4 will do to the funeral coverage, coffin sponsored by Tesco, dry ice and dancing girls when it enters the cathedral, Alan Carr doing the service.

• 1 month later...

Richard III: Channel 4's reinterment schedule revealed

By PA_Warzynski  |  Posted: March 06, 2015

9607198-large.jpg

The reinterment will be shown live on Channel 4, on March 26

Comments (0)

Channel 4 has revealed its broadcast schedule for its live coverage of Richard III's reinterment.

Jon Snow will host the event on Thursday, March 26, with help from presenters Krishnan Guru-Murthy, Arthur Williams and Sonali Shah.

The first programme will air on Sunday, March 22, as the king's remains are processed through Leicestershire parading through towns and villages Richard visited when he was alive.

Then on Thursday, the reinterment will be broadcast live with a second show in the evening replaying highlights from the day.

Channel 4's chief creative officer Jay Hunt said: "The discovery of the remains of Richard III was an extraordinary event which gripped the whole world.

"I am incredibly proud that Channel 4 was the only broadcaster to follow the story so closely from the very beginning and that we can be here as this remarkable story comes to its fitting conclusion."

The schedule:

Richard III: The Return of the King

Evening of Sunday 22nd March

This programme will capture the climax of the procession of the King's mortal remains back to the site of his death at Bosworth Battlefield through the streets of Leicester and the service that marks the king's reception into Leicester Cathedral with a sermon given by Catholic Archbishop of Westminster, Cardinal Vincent Nichols. Channel 4 will also assemble leading historians, actors, politicians, descendants of the King and key participants in his rediscovery, to ask who Richard really was and what his place in British history should now be.

Richard III: The Burial of the King

Morning of Thursday 26th March

Live coverage of the reburial service, attended by members of the Royal Family, as the King is formally reinterred at the east end of the Cathedral. Guests at the service and key players in the King's story will join Jon in the studio beforehand and afterwards, and a series of short films will offer glimpses of the preparations for this unique event and explore the debates surrounding it.

Richard III: The King Laid to Rest

Thursday evening

A final programme showing highlights of the reburial service from earlier in the day and – live – a last moment of intimate ceremonial, in which those who led the campaign to find Richard and his descendants, gather to bid the King a final farewell.

The Bosworth beacon, lit when Richard's remains arrived back at the site of his death on Sunday morning, will be extinguished as the massive tombstone is revealed for the first time.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Richard-III-Channel-4-s-reinterment-schedule/story-26129844-detail/story.html#ixzz3TclMBaWs 

Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Richard III: Channel 4's reinterment schedule revealed

By PA_Warzynski  |  Posted: March 06, 2015

9607198-large.jpg

The reinterment will be shown live on Channel 4, on March 26

Comments (0)

Channel 4 has revealed its broadcast schedule for its live coverage of Richard III's reinterment.

Jon Snow will host the event on Thursday, March 26, with help from presenters Krishnan Guru-Murthy, Arthur Williams and Sonali Shah.

The first programme will air on Sunday, March 22, as the king's remains are processed through Leicestershire parading through towns and villages Richard visited when he was alive.

Then on Thursday, the reinterment will be broadcast live with a second show in the evening replaying highlights from the day.

RELATED CONTENT

Channel 4's chief creative officer Jay Hunt said: "The discovery of the remains of Richard III was an extraordinary event which gripped the whole world.

"I am incredibly proud that Channel 4 was the only broadcaster to follow the story so closely from the very beginning and that we can be here as this remarkable story comes to its fitting conclusion."

The schedule:

Richard III: The Return of the King

Evening of Sunday 22nd March

This programme will capture the climax of the procession of the King's mortal remains back to the site of his death at Bosworth Battlefield through the streets of Leicester and the service that marks the king's reception into Leicester Cathedral with a sermon given by Catholic Archbishop of Westminster, Cardinal Vincent Nichols. Channel 4 will also assemble leading historians, actors, politicians, descendants of the King and key participants in his rediscovery, to ask who Richard really was and what his place in British history should now be.

Richard III: The Burial of the King

Morning of Thursday 26th March

Live coverage of the reburial service, attended by members of the Royal Family, as the King is formally reinterred at the east end of the Cathedral. Guests at the service and key players in the King's story will join Jon in the studio beforehand and afterwards, and a series of short films will offer glimpses of the preparations for this unique event and explore the debates surrounding it.

Richard III: The King Laid to Rest

Thursday evening

A final programme showing highlights of the reburial service from earlier in the day and – live – a last moment of intimate ceremonial, in which those who led the campaign to find Richard and his descendants, gather to bid the King a final farewell.

The Bosworth beacon, lit when Richard's remains arrived back at the site of his death on Sunday morning, will be extinguished as the massive tombstone is revealed for the first time.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Richard-III-Channel-4-s-reinterment-schedule/story-26129844-detail/story.html#ixzz3TclMBaWs 

Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook[/size]

Quite a historical moment , glad to see it getting coverage befiting of the occasion

Richard III was a blue-eyed blond, say scientists

By danjmartin  |  Posted: March 10, 2015

• 9631844-large.jpg

Or a brunette?

• 9631843-large.jpg

Richard - a blond?

• Richard III was a blue-eyed blond, according to a new reconstruction of the slain Plantagenet monarch's head.

An updated model showing a likeness of the king in life has been unveiled at Leicester's King Richard III visitor centre.

A previous likeness had portrayed Richard as having dark hair. Many paintings of the king also show him with dark hair.

However the results of DNA testing carried out by Dr Turi King of University of Leicester in early 2014 showed that Richard's hair was likely to have been blond, at least in childhood, and that he would have blue eyes.

•  

As a result of these findings, the reconstruction has now been updated.

The old model was taken off display at the visitor centre and Professor Caroline Wilkinson of Liverpool John Moores University, who originally created the likeness, took more than four hours to complete the transformation.

Caroline said: "It was a delicate task to remove the eyes and replace with lighter ones, as they are made of glass. The hair colour has also been updated, including eyebrows and eyelashes."

Centre director Iain Gordon said: "It was fascinating to watch Caroline at work and we are really pleased that we've been able to complete the work and put the head back on display in time for the re-interment later this month."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Richard-III-blue-eyed-blond-say-scientists/story-26148440-detail/story.html#ixzz3U4PVFAAF 
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

I may have missed this, but in all the excitement, have they ever actually said why they started digging up the car park when they did?

Given it took about 10 minutes to find him, I'm curious as to why no one had tried before, but I don't remember anyone saying that new information had come to light or anything like that.

Maybe it was that mad woman channeling his spirit after all

And to think that all the times my Dad parked in there when we went into town when I was a lad, we were traipsing over a King of England.

I wouldn't have given a toss at the time though, I would have been far more interested in whether someone was going to buy me a Han Solo figure from the Co-op

I may have missed this, but in all the excitement, have they ever actually said why they started digging up the car park when they did?

Given it took about 10 minutes to find him, I'm curious as to why no one had tried before, but I don't remember anyone saying that new information had come to light or anything like that.

Maybe it was that mad woman channeling his spirit after all

My dad posed the same questions. he's a very sceptical man, and near always proved to be correct.

I bought him the king power tee shirt last summer lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived