Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WhatsHisName

The Plantagenet Alliance Vs Leicester re Richard III

Handsworth

3:01 PM on 23/5/2014

"Sorry I do not agree with the verdict, not that that means anything to anyone

There is no doubt that he should have been buried in York

At least it is in this Country not in a place far away"

lol WTF!!!

This is great publicity for Leicester, but people should know exactly   what they are. And you can via his twitter page tell the man who started and runs the PA what you think of him https://twitter.com/StephenNicolay

''Justice Secretary Chris Grayling condemned the Alliance legal action, saying it had 'taken up so much time and money'.

Mr Grayling said: 'I have been very clear from the start that the decision to grant an exhumation licence for Richard III was taken correctly and in line with the law.

'I am pleased the court has reached the same conclusion and comprehensively rejected all of the claimant’s arguments.

'I am, however, frustrated and angry that the Plantagenet Alliance - a group with tenuous claims to being relatives of Richard III - have taken up so much time and public money.

'This case, brought by a shell company set up by the Alliance to avoid paying legal costs, is an example of exactly why the Government is bringing forward a package of reforms to the judicial review process.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2637412/A-burial-fit-king-Richard-III-laid-rest-Leicester-Cathedral-family-fail-bid-fulfill-wish-buried-York-Minster.html#ixzz32dE7lxK2
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://news.sky.com/story/1267535/richard-iiis-burial-place-decided-by-court

Hope the link works. Been reading some of the comments at the bottom lol UNLUCKY!!! lol

I should be surprised at some of those comments but I now expect such ignorance. It really doesn't help when the Sky reporter (and the BBC newsreader) thinks that he was Richard of York (that was his father). How many times have we heard that it was his wish to be buried in York Minster ?? There is absolutely no evidence of that as recorded by the judges. Sadly, it seems that so many people are confused with 'House of York' and the place of York. York is a family title (Prince Andrew, Duke of York, is not from York or would expect to be buried there) and has no connection with the city of the same name. The family mausoleum is at Fotheringhay, Northamptonshire where the bodies of Richard of York and Edmund of Rutland were moved to (away from Yorkshire!) after being killed in the battle of Wakefield. Being a Yorkist isn't someone that comes from York and, in fact, the Yorkist strongholds were the Midlands and south of England. During the time of Richard III, York was mainly Lancastrian and they stuck his father's (Richard of York) and his brother Edmund's head on spikes on the city walls.

Henry VII decided that Richard III's body should be placed in the Leicester Greyfriars. It's not for anyone to decide to move them elsewhere based on a set of modern principles.

Leicester Cathedral is the right, proper and legally correct place.

What amazes me is that over all the time this has gone on the pro York lobby haven't bothered to research their history (despite how often they are corrected) and continue to spout the crap that they do. Is this because they are thick, or do they realise that if they accept the facts and evidence that's there for all to see it blows their argument and any claim they wrongly believe they have out of the water. It's like talking to simpletons.

I feel sorry for the genuine people of York though because this reflects badly on them and as a whole they appear happy for him to stay in Leicester yet they are being embarrassed by a bunch of half witted outsiders.

What amazes me is that over all the time this has gone on the pro York lobby haven't bothered to research their history and continue to spout the crap that they do. Is this because they are thick, or do they realise that if they accept the facts and evidence that's there for all to see it blows their argument and any claim they wrongly believe they have out of the water. It's like talking to simpletons.

Of course it's the latter. They know that if they use the real and historically accurate facts that their campaign would be exposed as the desperate reach for media attention that it is. I'd love nothing more than for them to appear on Question Time and be absolutely destroyed by the historical and archaelogical communities that they're tainting by spouting their bullshite rhetoric for 15 minutes of fame.

It's going to be on the telly. The world will be watching (especially the Americans that love us!). http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/channel-4-to-be-official-broadcast-partner-for-richard-iii-reinterment

Talking to American friends on the net they've all heard about it and it's big news over there. But in Yorkshire how they are moaning about it and acting as if they don't care. They don't seem to understand that what we now have is bigger than all their crappy historical sites put together,

Talking to American friends on the net they've all heard about it and it's big news over there. But in Yorkshire how they are moaning about it and acting as if they don't care. They don't seem to understand that what we now have is bigger than all their crappy historical sites put together,

Bit ott?

Bit ott?

Ask the average person in this country to name any historical site, object or person from York, and they wouldn't be able to do so. Ask the same question to an American and since the only 'york' they know is New York they also wouldn't be able to answer. But the same question about Leicester...

In their defence the comments on that site have generally been saying leave him in Leicester since this all started and the pa or anyone spouting pro York burial drivel have been openly ridiculed by them. This is why this bunch of chancers and loons of the pa(h) have reflected badly against, and haven't been the voice of York. I think I read somewhere that only about 5000 of their 30000 petition total had a York post code.

Archived