Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WhatsHisName

The Plantagenet Alliance Vs Leicester re Richard III

Gary Lineker tweeted. Asked him to plug it at the Beeb too but no idea how he'll give it a mention during MotD.

Can you remind him that he was awarded the Honorary Freedom of the City of Leicester and, as such, being a person of distinction is politely requested to announce his support for the re-interment of Richard III in Leicester Cathedral.

It's also worth mentioning how important this is to His City.

Well I actually said something like -As a freeman of Leicester can you give your support to keeping Richard in Leicester by tweeting and give a plug on the BEEB.'

Might have been different cuz of characters allowed. If anyone sees it though can you retweet?

My take on the whole debacle - I have to say, I've gone off Judi Dench! 

http://thechriswhitingshow.wordpress.com/2013/09/11/richard-iii-greedy-york-eye-fortune/

I enjoyed the sentiments in your blog but it seems it's not the citizens of York (well most of them) that are behind this ridiculous campaign. The postcodes on the York e-petition are overwhelmingly from other areas (mostly in the county of Yorkshire, granted) and the comments on the York Press articles from the locals makes it pretty clear they don't want anything to do with this. York Minster only issued a statement of neutrality to calm the situation after it received hate mail for supporting a Leicester Cathedral reburial. The York campaign has been based on a series of lies, spin and propaganda (and racism) and, at last, it finally appears the world has finally woken up to the truth. The tide has turned but the pressure needs to be kept up.

More than 20,000 sign-ups now. Tell everyone about it, share it, Twitter it, whatever.

Edit: Just to say you might want to like this page https://www.facebook.com/BuryRichardIIIInLeicester?fref=ts

They really are clueless and as crazy as the judge who granted the review. Their argument is based on something no one knows (burial wishes) ignoring the likelihood that he would have expected to be buried in Westminster like any other king at the time with his wife, not York. However, he died in battle in Leicestershire, his body was transported to Leicester put on show and then buried in grey fryers. As for human rights, complete joke, 500 hundred years on and they claim family ties. What happened in Bosworth changed the direction of England in the following years. These are the facts we know and when he made that final charge he would have been aware what lay in wait for his body. I suspect that someone behind this has plans to make themselves a lot of money and that is what is driving this.

It really, really pisses me off when they claim to speak for a dead king. Pompous, arrogant gits. It's all a bit of fun for them; they are a limited company so can liquidate when they lose and therefore won't get stung for costs. The taxpayer will lose, yet again. The York public are finding it all a total embarrassment.

It's not just Leicester that needs to fight these idiots, it's all of the country and judging by the surge of e-petition sign-ups I guess they probably are.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/39708

I wouldnt bury my dog in Leicester Cathedral....

York ftw :trumpet:

This isn't about how nice the place is as I've pointed out to you before it's about what's right.

For the record, if this story was totally flipped the other way, I'd back York.

Archived