Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WhatsHisName

The Plantagenet Alliance Vs Leicester re Richard III

There is absolutely NO evidence to suggest any burial site. Add to the fact that he didn't spend ANY time in York in the last year of his life after being crowned Richard III makes it even more certain that he had no plans for the Minster as a final resting place. Monarchs have never been buried in York. It's clear that many people have been unable to separate the title 'York', as in 'House of York', from York, the city of. Two unconnected things but bizzarely a campaign has been launched on this ignorance and a small group has played very successfully on it. The York campaign Facebook page is awash with Leicester bashing at every opportunity and has racist overtones that are, quite frankly, sickening. The judge that has allowed the jucial review mentioned the weight of public opinion that, at the time, was in favour of York. Seems that was the catalyst for a Leicester backlash and just in the nick of time. Anyone with any sense of decency, whether from Leicester or not, should sign the e-petition without delay. It's vitally important that we all keep pushing this one to get as many signed up as possible. COME ON LEICESTER !!!!!!

I agree, no need for insults. There should be decent academic debate. The problem is a lot of people seem only look into the matter superficially before resorting to derogatory comments.

The petition is on 16000 now. 20000 is surely the next big target?

I agree, no need for insults. There should be decent academic debate. The problem is a lot of people seem only look into the matter superficially before resorting to derogatory comments.

The petition is on 16000 now. 20000 is surely the next big target?

History itself dictates that Richard111 belongs in Leicester. Do I need to add more? No.I don't. Died here, almost, buried here 500 years.

We should start a movement to  re-inter all sorts of people whose remains are not where their (very distant ) relatives might choose. It will make the yorkies seem even more ridiculous.

I'd start with famous explorer Captain James Cook.

A Yorkshire man, killed in Hawaii his relatives would surely claim that he intended to be buried at home, instead his body was disemboweled, baked to facilitate removal of the flesh, and the bones were carefully cleaned for preservation as religious icons in a fashion somewhat reminiscent of the treatment of European saints in the Middle Ages. Some of Cook's remains, disclosing some corroborating evidence to this effect, were eventually returned to the British for a formal burial at sea following an appeal by his crew.

Oh wow lol

You in one of those T-shirts should be a new Kentribution design.

Yes. Can't see where they are for sale though. Maybe just students. Anyone study there? Mentions Percy Gee building which I believe is where the Student Union is.

Only been there for a cleaning job. Immaculate buildings.

Imagine visiting York Minster wearing that. Would soon piss them off.

Yes. Can't see where they are for sale though. Maybe just students. Anyone study there? Mentions Percy Gee building which I believe is where the Student Union is.

Only been there for a cleaning job. Immaculate buildings.

Imagine visiting York Minster wearing that. Would soon piss them off.

Let me know if you find out where to buy one as I would buy one as well. :)

Fellow Foxes legend, midfielder Muzzy Izzet, branded York's claim to the king's remains as "laughable".

Izzet, who won the League Cup with Leicester twice under Martin O'Neill, said: "I think it's such a brilliant tale – a dead king, lost for more than 500 years and found beneath a car park in Leicester.

"Of course he should stay here. We found him. No-one would know where he was if it wasn't for the experts at the University of Leicester.

"It's laughable, really, York are trying to lay claim to him.

"He's ours. He's like me – he's an adopted son of Leicester. Stay here for long enough and that's what happens to you."

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Archived