Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

City player ratings v Sheeps***gers ?

Kasper - 7

De Laet - 7

Moore - 8 (Bob Dylan once wrote a song called 'solid rock')

Morgan - 8 (See Moore)

Schlupp - 7

Drinkwater - 7

King - 7

James - 6

Nugent - 7.5 (Man of the match for me - he chased everything, helped out in defence etc and was unlucky with two shots that hit Wood and then Knockeart).

Vardy - 7.5 (Again, like Nugent, chased every ball. Great team play)

Wood - 7

---

Waghorn - 5 (Alright)

Knockaert - 5

Dyer - 4 (Just don't rate him as most know. Is he ever awake? He ran with the ball once).

Kasper - 7

De Laet - 7

Moore - 8 (Bob Dylan once wrote a song called 'solid rock')

Morgan - 8 (See Moore)

Schlupp - 7

Drinkwater - 7

King - 7

James - 6

Nugent - 7.5 (Man of the match for me - he chased everything, helped out in defence etc and was unlucky with two shots that hit Wood and then Knockeart).

Vardy - 7.5 (Again, like Nugent, chased every ball. Great team play)

Wood - 7

---

Waghorn - 5 (Alright)

Knockaert - 5

Dyer - 4 (Just don't rate him as most know. Is he ever awake? He ran with the ball once).

So your MOTM was the 3rd best player on the pitch? lol

Kasper - 7

RDL - 6

Morgan - 7.5

Moore - 7.5

Schlupp - 6

James - 6

King - 7

Drinkwater - 6.5

Vardy - 6.5

Wood - 5

Nugent - 6

Edit: Waghorn/Knockaert/Dyer - 5 (Felt the need to add these as some people further down the thread have said that Knockaert was a 7 or that we looked like a different team when he was on the pitch. I honestly don't think that's at all true, he did very little. Not a criticism of him, he wasn't on long, I just don't think he did an awful lot more than either of the other substitutes.)

Schmeichel - 7

De Laet - 6

Morgan - 8

Moore - 8

Schlupp - 7

James - 7

King - 8

Drinkwater - 7

Nugent - 7

Wood - 5 - Does he even turn up nowadays?

Vardy - 8

Subs: Knockaert - 6

Dyer - 3 - So past it it's painful to watch

Waghorn - 5

So your MOTM was the 3rd best player on the pitch? lol

Yeah :unsure:

I did think Moore and Wes were solid, however, for team play and work rate Nugent just got it for me although I'll give it three-way.

But you only rated Nugent 7.5?

And? It's not official, it doesn't add up. The highest rated doesn't always have to be the man of the match. Moore and Morgan were solid enough for 8's and I gave Nugent a 7.5 for all his effort today. His teamwork play is sensational, something that non-Nugent fans need to look at carefully. He creates so much for the team, as he did today. A goal would have been nice, that would have given him an 8 but it wasn't to be.

And? It's not official, it doesn't add up. The highest rated doesn't always have to be the man of the match. Moore and Morgan were solid enough for 8's and I gave Nugent a 7.5 for all his effort today. His teamwork play is sensational, something that non-Nugent fans need to look at carefully. He creates so much for the team, as he did today. A goal would have been nice, that would have given him an 8 but it wasn't to be.

I usually put my ratings down for how each individual plays their role, I can somewhat understand where you are coming from but surely always the highest rated player has done his job the best no...? Suppose you just have a different view on it, it's not a problem just a little unusual

Schmeichel - 7

De Laet - 6

Morgan - 8

Moore - 8

Schlupp - 7

James - 7

King - 8

Drinkwater - 7

Nugent - 7

Vardy - 8

Waghorn - 5

Saying dyer is past it makes it sound like he was useful in the past? Never been a footballer, & never will!

I usually put my ratings down for how each individual plays their role, I can somewhat understand where you are coming from but surely always the highest rated player has done his job the best no...? Suppose you just have a different view on it, it's not a problem just a little unusual

I've got to admit in all my six years on the forum it's the first time I've not given the highest rated player man of the match. Never mind, it's only a forum. Nuge always does that little bit extra that goes unrated (if you like), he's a forward, he's a midfielder and at times he's at full back helping out.

Schmeichel - 7

De Laet - 6

Morgan - 8

Moore - 8

Schlupp - 7

James - 7

King - 8

Drinkwater - 7

Nugent - 7

Vardy - 8

Waghorn - 5

Dyer is a Leicester legend IMO

Not the best footballer in the world but gives it his 100 per cent best

Kasper - 7 - Some decent saves and catches, but sometimes he lands us in the shit with poor throwouts.

RDL - 6 - Barely in the game and when he got the ball he didn't do much with it.

Morgan - 9 - Best defender in the league.

Moore - 8 - Very solid game.

Schlupp - 5 - Don't rate him, loses the ball too much.

Drinkwater - 6 - Too negative on the ball.

James - 6 - Hasn't quite looked on it this season, he'll come good.

King - 6 - See James.

Strikers - 6 - All did as much as each other (which wasn't much)

Wow. People bashing Dyer, he really isn't that bad. Yes it didn't work too well today. But neither did Hughes' game? He played awful, does't make him a bad player now does it?

Kasper - 7: Good concentration, was there with safe hands when called upon. Better distribution today.

De Laet - 6: Normally one of my favourite players but wasn't on his top game today.

Morgan - 8: Brilliant. MOTM.

Moore - 8: Fantastic. So glad he is beginning to shine. Looks a new player so far this season.

Schlupp - 6: Alright, but he is no left back.

James - 6: Not been the same player as last season for me. It's very early on but needs to pick it up.

Drinkwater - 5: Pretty poor, again.

King - 7: Thought he was the best of the midfield.

Vardy - 7: Decent game I thought, a lot of closing down and a lot of effort went into his performance.  

Wood - 6: Good at controlling the ball and bringing it down from Kasper's kick, but didn't do much going forward.

Nugent - 7: Good closing down and finding space, decent effort from Nuge as usual.

Guest CityFan 06

Schmeichel 8/10

De Laet 7/10

Moore 10/10

Morgan 9/10

James 8/10

King 8/10

Drinkwater 8/10

Vardy 8/10

Nugent 8/10

Wood 7/10

Schmeichel- 7 (Caught everything, made a couple of near post saves)

De Laet- 6 (Got forward pretty well)

Moore- 8 (Excellent display)

Morgan- 8 (Led from the back, gave them little)

Schlupp- 6 (Mixed effort, started erratically but grew in confidence as the game went on)

Drinkwater- 6

King- 7 (Did a lot of fine defensive work)

James- 6

Nugent- 5 (Not really with it)

Vardy- 6 (Tried hard)

Wood- 6 (Got involved far more than normal)

Kasper 6 - Never seriously tested. Some suicidal throwing, was lucky that we didn't get punished.

De Laet 7 - Was too reluctant to cross the ball when going forward at times, but had a solid game at the back.

Morgan 9 - Absolutely rock solid. MOTM.

Moore 8 - Another great game from him, definitely one of the first names on the team sheet at the minute. Throws his body in the way of everything.

Schlupp 6 - A little untidy with the ball and caught out a couple of times but his pace helps him recover.

King 7 - Did the nitty gritty stuff very well today.

Drinkwater 7 - First 60 odd minutes he was everywhere, faded a bit after that and struggled to keep hold of the ball.

James 5 - Not hitting the same heights as he did last season. Not sure he's 100% fit, certainly looks off the pace.

Nugent 7 - Much better than the Leeds game, worked tirelessly and kept the ball well for us.

Vardy 7 - Another good show him, worked hard to try and make things happen.

Wood 6 - Missed a glorious chance with a free header a few yards out. Just trying to take too many touches when he gets into good positions at the moment, can tell he's low on confidence.

Dyer 5 - Really not very good. Just couldn't keep hold of the ball at all.

Knockaert 6 - Didn't really see much of the ball. Couple of decent set pieces though.

Waghorn 5 - Tried to put himself about but didn't really make much of an impact.

Schmeichel- 7 (Caught everything, made a couple of near post saves)

De Laet- 6 (Got forward pretty well)

Moore- 8 (Excellent display)

Morgan- 8 (Led from the back, gave them little)

Schlupp- 6 (Mixed effort, started erratically but grew in confidence as the game went on)

Drinkwater- 6

King- 7 (Did a lot of fine defensive work)

James- 6

Nugent- 5 (Not really with it)

Vardy- 6 (Tried hard)

Wood- 6 (Got involved far more than normal)

lol you for real?

Kasper 7 - Commanding, safe hands today.

RDL 6 - Similar to last, another slow start to this one.

Schlupp 6 - Not the long term answer at left back, fantastic application and effort though.

Morgan 8 - Beast. Tough opponent, but came out on top.

Moore 8 - Must be great playing alongside Wes, never afraid to take one for the team. He's come on leaps and bounds.

Drinkwater 7 - Bar one or two sloppy moments he was good for the most part.

King 7 - Fantastic defensive work today, always tried supporting the attack.

James 6 - Still carrying a knock for me.

Nuge 7 - Industrious, worked hard in attack and defence.

Vardy 8 - Put an absolute shift in, hope he continues the way he's been playing. Seems to have more confidence.

Wood 6 - Desperately already needs a goal. We'd feel the benefits of him if we played to his feet in and around the box.

Dyer 5 - Offered next to nothing.

Knocky 6 - We look so much better with him on the pitch, but maybe a luxury we can't risk away from home. Doesn't always work back.

Waggy 5 - Put himself about a bit but that's it.

Archived