Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

City player ratings v Sheeps***gers ?

Schmeichel 6 - Couple of smart saves. Attempting to improve his short distribution, couple of times didn't come off. Nearly cost us with his urge to always try and counter with a couple of poor throws to Knockaert.

De Laet 6 - Defensively sound, attacking wise was slightly frustrating, particularly first half where he had some good chances to whip a ball in the box or take his man on but seemed reluctant to do so!

Moore 8 - YES. I am growing to love this man. Brick wall, throws himself on the line for everything. Made block after block, won so many headers and has maturity well beyond his years. Looks ten times the player SSL is. Good header before Vardy scored too.

Morgan 8 - As Moore above, body on the line stuff at times, really shepherded his young tutees to his sides excellently.

Schlupp 7 - Glad to see him finally back in the fold ahead of Konchesky. Can't remember him letting one cross in the box at all. Started a bit shaky but improved as the game went on and 2 or 3 threatening runs that had the sheep bobbing themselves where he just seemed to get his feet mixed up. Cracking slide tackle set Vardy up for his one on one!

James 6 - A slow improvement on his form thus far this season. Was hampered I felt by his early yellow card and wasn't surprised to see him go off. Was still pivotal in suring up the middle.

King 7 - Did what he had to do. Kept things tidy and linked up well with De Laet on the right as he took up a role more on the right side it seemed. 

Drinkwater 8 - Outstanding for me. Looked like the Danny of early last season. Linking defence with attack continually. Rarely lost the ball and was much more positive than previously. Promising.

Nugent 7 - Good game from Nuge. I criticised him before for his poor form in the second half of last season but he seemed to thrive dropping deeper and playing behind the frontmen(man) and it worked pretty well. Looked sharp.

Vardy 8 - He's repaying the faith that I put into him! Worked hard, won the corner before our goal from absolutely nothing before bagging from the corner. His defensive work was impressive too and he worked very hard for the team and supported Schlupp well down the left when needed. His pace worries defenders.

Wood 6 - Poorest of the front 3. Couple of good touches and flick ons but apart from that not too much of note that worried defenders.

Subs:

Knockaert/Dyer/Waghorn - 5/6 - all slotted in as needed and did their jobs, got stuck in well enough and posed threats.

Quick word on the ref. Missed one stonewall penalty (on Nugent) and then a debateable one immediately after from the resulting cross on Drinkwater. Then ignored what looked like a 2 footed lunge on Wood inside the box which was then given as a corner. Squared it up 2nd half by not giving a penalty to Derby for a foul by Schlupp (I think) which was stonewall too imo. 

Chris Martin up front for Derby - hits the floor quicker than Audley Harrison.

Kasper 7 - Never really had anything to do and when he did he held the shots brilliantly.

RDL 6 - Didn't get forward as much as we all know he can but solid and made a few crunching tackles.

Moore 8 - Could easily be a 9, he stopped Russell turning and advancing with the ball every time and put his body on the line countless number of times, loads of talent.

Morgan 8 - Same as Moore, an absolute rock at the back, gave it his all and was solid in all aspects.

Schlupp 5/6 - Started the first half a little shakily but soon grew into the game and played with more confidence, probably a bit rusty.

Drinkwater 7 - I think he actually played quite well, broke up the play, went forward with the ball and gave it his all, well done Drinky.

King 7 - See Drinkwater, tracked back and got in a few good positions, looked a little tired near the end.

James 7/8 - Same again, he looks so composed on the ball and I dont think he would look out of place in the Premier League.

Vardy 7 - Gave it his absolute all, hold up play and his first touch looks to have improved. Looks so much sharper than last year.

Wood 7/8 Think he's gone of to work on his hold up play, looked a different player to the one who couldnt win a header to save his life, gave it his all and looks good with the ball.

Nuge 6/7 Standard Nuge, ran around a lot, got back to win some tackles, made space but lacked that little bit of composure in the final third, love how much he loves the fans  ;)

Dyer - Past it, didnt run didnt pass.

Waggy - Chased around used his muscle.

Knockaert - Looked like he was almost giving too much.

Kasper 7 - some of his distribution put is in trouble, especially in the second half where he inadvertently handed possession back to Derby on more than once occassion

RDL 7 - got forward well. Not sure if he was told not to cross the ball into the box because he seemed to have plenty of crossing opportunities but chose the short pass instead.

Morgan 8.5 - absolute rock.  

Moore 9 - my MOTM. Stood up to everything that was thrown at him today. Great performance.

Schlupp 7 - defensively solid enough, did the basics well

King 8 - really impressed with his defensive cover work, thought he did very well today

Drinkwater 7.5 - generally chose the right pass today and was positive in possession

James 7 - broke the play up well, not sure if he's fully fit yet though

Nugent 6 - effort was spot on but link-up play was lacking, think he made the wrong decisions too often today when in possession

Vardy 8 - if he carries on like that all season he could do very well for us

Wood 6 - poor hold up play, didn't think he added much offensively. He did get back and defend quite often though, to his credit

Dyer 4 - not his best today by a long shot. looked scared to take on the defender down the line and ended up giving the ball away mostly

Waghorn 5 - put himself about well enough

Knoackaert 7 - got back to help RDL as Derby put pressure on and looked to supply a bit more spark going forward as the game became more stretched

Overall 7 - a gritty win with room for improvement, but that's not a bad foundation to build from

Comments like this are why, bar a few people, I cannot take this site seriously anymore!

Ahh!! That's a shame for you. You would have thought someone who has a love of football to post over 6,000 times would understand the game a bit more. Name 1 game, barring the Ipswich 6-0 one, where you can talk about a good game for dyer? You obviously think differently, but I think a 30 odd year old man who has had a profession as a footballer all his adult life, who still can't actually control a football or cross a ball is shit.

But heh, lets not slag him off for his football capabilities because he's a nice bloke who doesen't answer back.

Ahh!! That's a shame for you. You would have thought someone who has a love of football to post over 6,000 times would understand the game a bit more. Name 1 game, barring the Ipswich 6-0 one, where you can talk about a good game for dyer? You obviously think differently, but I think a 30 odd year old man who has had a profession as a footballer all his adult life, who still can't actually control a football or cross a ball is shit.

But heh, lets not slag him off for his football capabilities because he's a nice bloke who doesen't answer.

190 games for us and you think of only one of them as good? I think it's your understanding of the game that should be questioned and not mine if that is the case!

But heh, lets not slag him off for his football capabilities because he's a nice bloke who doesen't answer back.

Forest home and away, Derby, Watford home leg, Middlesbrough, Bolton at home,

Yes. Can't fault his effort but he doesn't seem as sharp as he was last season before February and his shooting not as clinical and threatening.

He had 2 shots, which were both goal bound blocked by our own players.

Do some people only watch the ball? Nugent and Vardy were terrific yesterday. Ok, they might not have scored but they worked very hard for the team. They both gave 110% as usual, and their ability to put the team first is fantastic. I admire players like Nugent and Vardy, even when they lose the ball, they will track back and win it back (unlike other players). I wish people would watch players more carefully.

Yeah like being our top assister last season makes him so useless.

Wellens was our top assister for three years running, yet he still got slated every week. Things move on in football, and wake up, Dyer isn't good enough. He is inconsistent, he only uses his left foot, he's hardly awake and he hardly runs at players. His defending isn't as good as other players (ie Marshall), and Dyer couldn't be bothered to track back yesterday at all.

Do some people only watch the ball? Nugent and Vardy were terrific yesterday. Ok, they might not have scored but they worked very hard for the team. They both gave 110% as usual, and their ability to put the team first is fantastic. I admire players like Nugent and Vardy, even when they lose the ball, they will track back and win it back (unlike other players). I wish people would watch players more carefully.

Wellens was our top assister for three years running, yet he still got slated every week. Things move on in football, and wake up, Dyer isn't good enough. He is inconsistent, he only uses his left foot, he's hardly awake and he hardly runs at players. His defending isn't as good as other players (ie Marshall), and Dyer couldn't be bothered to track back yesterday at all.

Ok he isn't good enough. I respect your opinion, you must be a Leicester coach.

Ok he isn't good enough. I respect your opinion, you must be a Leicester coach.

Well done on backing up your opinion.

I speak on what I see, as do most people, so on the basis of your post, 75% of the ground must be coaches at Leicester. You're obviously just letting your connection with the player (it's obvious you like him) cloud you're opinion of his actual ability, and Dyer's ability is very limited.

Well done on backing up your opinion.

I speak on what I see, as do most people, so on the basis of your post, 75% of the ground must be coaches at Leicester. You're obviously just letting your connection with the player (it's obvious you like him) cloud you're opinion of his actual ability, and Dyer's ability is very limited.

lol you disabled. If he wasn't good enough then why would he still be in the squad?

Dyer's been a good player for us. Lightening quick, makes things happen. May be past his best now but he's not a bad option to have off the bench. To suggest he's 'never been a footballer' is hilarious. You idiot

You can call a player who hasn't got the basic abilities to control a football good, but I can't!!! 2 questions, in our opinion what has he got after the fact he can run fast? & how many enquiries over the year's have we had for him to be taken off our hands?

lol you disabled. If he wasn't good enough then why would he still be in the squad?

Because we've got no other option? Although I am hoping Marshall gets on the bench before Dyer because Marshall is the better player and offers more.

So you can't back up your opinion. Instead you're insulting me. 'disabled'? Horrible word. Haven't been called that since I was at school.

Because we've got no other option? Although I am hoping Marshall gets on the bench before Dyer because Marshall is the better player and offers more.

So you can't back up your opinion. Instead you're insulting me. 'disabled'? Horrible word. Haven't been called that since I was at school.

They're are a lot of kids on here fox92 & still more with kids mentality. Don't worry about it!

You can call a player who hasn't got the basic abilities to control a football good, but I can't!!! 2 questions, in our opinion what has he got after the fact he can run fast? & how many enquiries over the year's have we had for him to be taken off our hands?

He's played a lot of games for us in a tough league over a number of years. You don't keep getting picked if you 'can't control a football'. He's been decent for us. Not just quick, he runs at players which creates chances/space for others. He also works extremely hard and has scored some important goals for us. I like him

Kasper 7 dominated his area and a cupple of good saves. One very dodgy moment when he bowled it straight out to one of their players. Makes me laugh how he tried to blame his defenders.

De laet 6 Not his best best game.

Morgan 8 Rock Solid

Moore 8 See Morgan. Great to see a local lad forcing his way into the team and doing well. Lets hope he keeps it up.

Schlupp 5 Poor game for me. But in his defence he's not a left back.

Drinkwater 5 Gives it away too much and only passes backwards. The new Steven Clemence

King 6.5 Steady display. Linked up play well.

James 6 Didn't do a great deal. Certainly not hitting the heights of last season.

Nugent 5.5 Suprised by some of the high ratings on here. Gave his all but doesn't look fully fit to me.

Wood 4 Whats happened to him! The balls just seems to bounce straight off him straight to one of their players!

Vardy 6 Gave his all and caused some problems.

Subs:-

Dyer 4 Didnt do anything

Knockaert 7 Shown some good skill

Waggy 6 Did Ok

Archived