Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Chris Wood

I feel for the lad, we buy him and then don't play to his strengths. Wood thrives off wing play and currently it is something we are not exactly giving him, It's no good playing him back to goal as he doesn't have what it takes to perform that role. 

Drop him into the reserves for a couple weeks while he regains form. Meanwhile, bring Marshall out and onto the bench, and start either Knockaert/Waggy in Wood's place.

We've got enough depth for a front 3 (2 strikers and a CAM, 3 strikers, or even 1 striker and 2 wingers ahead of the midfield) to be able to rotate as players go out of form. Wood clearly is out of form, so needs dropping temporarily while others take his place and see if they can make the step up. If they can't, simply rotate once again.

Just don't see what he contributes to the team, as we set up at the moment.  In a front 3, he plays wide with Nuge through the middle and swaps sides with JV. Either Knocky or Dyer would offer more threat in that role, for me. Also, Waggy would put more of a shift in. He really is surplus to requirements in the form he's in and the team he's playing with.

Just don't see what he contributes to the team, as we set up at the moment. In a front 3, he plays wide with Nuge through the middle and swaps sides with JV. Either Knocky or Dyer would offer more threat in that role, for me. Also, Waggy would put more of a shift in. He really is surplus to requirements in the form he's in and the team he's playing with.

No matter how bad Wood is (and he can be bad) he's 100 times a better option than Waghorn

No matter how bad Wood is (and he can be bad) he's 100 times a better option than Waghorn

Waggy actually moves. Surely that makes him a better option ? I swear there are two foot-shaped 'impressions' in the turf when Wood goes off at the end of a match ?

He was pretty useless for most of the backend of last season and people have retrospectively put it down to injury based, I think, on something one of the notoriously clueless itk trolls on here said. Maybe I'm wrong and he really was injured, but either way he has looked very unhappy and been well out of form for quite a long time now. Perhaps the most dramatic example of the 'going backwards under Pearson' effect we've seen so far. The whole thing is a bit of a mystery really. I hope it's just confidence but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it is another falling out with Pearson affair.

In fairness, just because he is a tall bloke doesn't mean we should lump it up to him at every opportunity, 1st half we were pretty much just shooting from distance not a lot actually happening within the box. Cant think of many strikers at wouldve scored playing for us in first half! agree that apart from the penalty nugent wasn't good today, ran around a lot but before we equalised didn't actually produce anything. But the goal will have done him the world of good, and wood is no different, confidence players and it will happen for both of them.

Keep the faith, and for the boo'ers, stay at home next time, it helps nobody

isn't he 21, innit tho? easy to forget, when I was 21 I was still pissing in kitchen sinks and drinking stiff'uns. just because he looks and talks like a stoned, middle aged man, he's not, he's almost a kid. he'll come good again soon.

Waggy actually moves. Surely that makes him a better option ? I swear there are two foot-shaped 'impressions' in the turf when Wood goes off at the end of a match ?

Waggy can't control a football, neither can Wood. Waggy doesn't jump for headers, neither does Wood. Wood can score goals though

I am very concerned about woods form, just doesn't seem to be the same player who joined us in January, whatever is going on with him I hope he sorts himself out, and get back to being the good goal scoring player we know he is.

I am sure he will sort himself out and get scoring again soon.

Wood just seems to have lost his confidence and its taken away that flair he had when he joined. He seemed more mobile before and would pop up in the right positions and would look dangerous outside the box aswell as in.

Just seems like he's more laboured in his movement and looks like he just wants to hold everything up, at the minute, instead of him taking it in his stride or turning his man and pushing forward.

Archived