Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Chris Wood

This is NOT a get at a player thread. It's a genuine observation and concern.

Did anyone notice today just how fookin MISERABLE Chris Wood looked, both in the pre-match and during that first half?

I was watching him quite closely and he looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders?

Finally, I'm getting more and more convinced that the team is looking better without the big fella in it.

He looks off the boil, off the pace and I'm not sure what he's bringing to the table?

Sure, it's a long old season and a squad game but if anyone can convince me that Wood looks the same player as we did when we signed him, I'd be surprised.

We look so much better when we attack with pace. I think Wood is maybe thwarting this?

Opinions please...

I said during the warm up that he looked miserable. He does look off the boil, I believe he is lacking in confidence. 

Wouldn't hurt him to play against Carlisle imo, gives him a chance to grab a goal and up his confidence (which does effect ability) against "lesser" opposition.

Think he desperately needs a goal or two. I think he is actually winning more headers than he was but hasn't had or made the goal scoring chances.

Would put him behind Nugent and Vardy currently that's for sure but i think he'll soon be fine

He's out of form.

However, that does not give him an excuse not to work when he gets picked.

Deserved to be subbed at half time.

Needs to have a look at how Vardy has applied himself and follow suit.

Had a little spat with Nugent at Wycombe over the penalty. Doesn't seem entirely happy atm, not good really, he's capable of scoring big in this division.

I've not got time for people throwing their toys out the pram.

He either get's on with it, get's head down and works harder or I want him out, simple as that really.

Get on with it Wood, let it make you a better player and person for it.

Agree entirely with the OP. I think the frustrating thing for the fans and for him probably is everyone knows what he's capable of. This is probably the longest period he has gone in his career without scoring consistently and maybe its severely affecting him. We have to remember how young he still is though and these spells happen to all strikers.

We need Woods to perform to get promotion, hopefully its something that can get sorted !

It would be helpful but then again 3 wins and a draw from four isn't too bad with the team pretty much carrying him at the moment...

I think he looked like that after his injury last season. Was very disappointed in him then.

Frankly, I've seen 3 games this season: Leeds, Derby and Brum today. And in all of them I think he's worked really hard and hasn't been awful in any of them.

I wasn't really watching his demeanor too much but it wouldn't surprise me if he looked miserable, cos he looked drained of confidence, inspiration and effort for a lot of last season.

But like I say, I don't think he's been particularly bad so far this season, nor do I think hes lacked effort.

Nugent has looked poorer so far to me.

I think he looked like that after his injury last season. Was very disappointed in him then.

Frankly, I've seen 3 games this season: Leeds, Derby and Brum today. And in all of them I think he's worked really hard and hasn't been awful in any of them.

I wasn't really watching his demeanor too much but it wouldn't surprise me if he looked miserable, cos he looked drained of confidence, inspiration and effort for a lot of last season.

But like I say, I don't think he's been particularly bad so far this season, nor do I think hes lacked effort.

Nugent has looked poorer so far to me.

I'm sure it is a matter of him just notching that first goal, he was very unlucky against Leeds after beating two players and then find the post

Confidence is most probably all there is to it

Think we don't play to his strengths though, but he's not great in the middle of a front 3, he's not great playing wider in the front 3... and the facts are that our best partnership when we play a front 2 is Vardy & Nugent

The solution is Wood redoubles his efforts in training to find some form & grow his confidence and comes out of it a better player - If not, there's no point him being here.

in the first half we were incredibly negative which isnt a good environment for a striker. if wood had played in the last 15 minutes when we were more positive I believe he would have scored. he's a good striker, but he's not going to score out of thin air, the team needs to be positive. if the team plays attacking and positive football not just wood but nuge and vardy will smash them in too.

Archived