Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SmithyFox12

Carlisle(A) pre-match thread

Few of you have included Sesay and Taft - probably best you watch the Utube highlights of the U21's v Chelsea where you will see some pretty horrific defending in a 5-1 defeat - these lads are no where near ready

In the same highlights you will see Fuctas missing the barn door from a variety of distances .....

Hopper and Cain might have a squeak of making the squad

Just watched it, Harry P and the two you mentioned were the only players worth mentioning. The back 4 was embarrassing and Futacs is a joker.

I was at the Chelsea v leicester u21 game at Stamford bridge on Saturday & we could of had John Terry & Rio Ferdinand playing at the back for us but the score would have been the same , you simply cannot play football at that level with no midfield , felt sorry for the trialists centre half had about 5 players running at him all game

Few of you have included Sesay and Taft - probably best you watch the Utube highlights of the U21's v Chelsea where you will see some pretty horrific defending in a 5-1 defeat - these lads are no where near ready

In the same highlights you will see Fuctas missing the barn door from a variety of distances .....

Hopper and Cain might have a squeak of making the squad

Cain was nigh on atrocious vs Chelsea and i'm a big fan of his, Panayiouto and Hopper look not far off to me. I'd happily have Harry come on on the wing if Marshall goes and Gallagher still can't be trusted.

Just hope we win and Pearson puts out a side that should beat Carlise, no need to relinquish our unbeaten start just for the sake of resting players who shouldn't even need resting at this stage in the season. 

Absolutely, i'd like to see 2 or 3 that haven't played much (Bakayogo and Knockaert and maybe Schlupp up front) but the rest should be players already playing.

Exactly the reason to turn em out in the cup is to get them the chance to score. I wouldn't give two hoots if we lost in this cup. League is much higher priority and not worth risky injury for something we unlikely to win anyway.

But a cup defeat against a struggling lower division side isn't what we need. Get through this game and go out to a Premier League team.

Main aim for me is a wood goal, confidence player who could get on a roll.

To be honest I think most of the team are 'confidence players.' For that reason and that reason alone I think it's important we go through tonight. (Unless of course we go onto win it!)

Archived