Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Is Knockaert a Central Attacking Midfielder?

Wouldn't change anything at the minute, we have won 7 out the last 8 we are 3rd in the league, the last 16 of the cup, when we dip in form then maybe

we havent won 7 out of 8, but we have had good form by switching things around. It depends on which system nige goes for as to whether knocky will be effective in the middle, 4-4-2 he is a winger, 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 id play him centrally.

we havent won 7 out of 8, but we have had good form by switching things around. It depends on which system nige goes for as to whether knocky will be effective in the middle, 4-4-2 he is a winger, 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 id play him centrally.

Yes but only at home he cant play away

Quite simply, yes.

He's made for the central position behind the strikers. Watch the matches from the early part of last season and you'll see what I mean (I know you can't actually do that of course). He was sparying passes all over the place and creating openings, with a good goal threat from himself as well.

Even in small glimpses so far this season we've seen what he is  - like against Leeds how he got in between the two banks and fed people making runs. This is what he's suited to because he's a technical player, not a quick player, and not someone who makes half a yard. That's why he's more of a central player than a winger.

He's not the sort of player you can expect to be consistent. He won't be in any position for the time being and that includes on the wing. That doesn't mean he's not capable of pulling the strings when he's on form. He does have the talent and range of passing for the central attacking position, he's just too immature to show it every week.

The bottom line is we can't waste him on the wing and he should be playing more often.

Don't people want us to be playing how we were last October/November? I know I do, and I know where Knockers was mainly playing at that time.

He was playing on the right side of midfield during our good run but he had more freedom to go anywhere he wasnt playing behind the strikers

Huddersfield? Forest? He was decent against Watford despite the pen. All without even thinking.

The latter two being the two biggest games of our season.

Any ideas why he's not getting selected for the France U21 squad any longer? He was superb for them last year, scored a fair few.

This isn't a dig at Nigel but I reckon with the right management he'd be far more devastating than he is for us, but perhaps that's being unfair.

In the right system he's just obscene.

Any ideas why he's not getting selected for the France U21 squad any longer? He was superb for them last year, scored a fair few.

This isn't a dig at Nigel but I reckon with the right management he'd be far more devastating than he is for us, but perhaps that's being unfair.

In the right system he's just obscene.

Isn't he 22? Plus I doubt he would get into the team anymore anyway.

Knockaert will not start a game in the 3-5-2/5-3-2 formation in the midfield 3.

It's clear he isn't defensively aware enough for NP to play in a midfield 3. He doesn't track back well, and is often caught having to sprint after his man because he is out of position. NP clearly doesn't want a CAM in this midfield 3, and wants King to link the midfield and forwards.

Whilst I agree that Knockaert could be a massive threat in this advanced central role, it would almost certainly mean that the two other midfielders would be under very strict instructions to not gamble forward. I'm not sure this is best for the team.

The best chance of Knockaert getting pitch time is if we revert back to 4-4-2 or we are requiring a goal in a game. Unless a major injury crisis arrives.

I still stick to my above statement. Was awesome last night, but because we sacrified a forward, and had two holding midfielders. This is the role that is perfect for Knockaert.

Maybe the 4-4-1-1 will see Knockaert find a way to get a regular space in the team and give us the added creativity we crave for.

It gives us another string to our bow.

I still stick to my above statement. Was awesome last night, but because we sacrified a forward, and had two holding midfielders. This is the role that is perfect for Knockaert.

Maybe the 4-4-1-1 will see Knockaert find a way to get a regular space in the team and give us the added creativity we crave for.

It gives us another string to our bow.

The thing is, if we're short staffed at the back it's because we're not using the formation properly.

In a 3-5-2/5-3-2, there should be no reason why we can't have a man in the hole. The full backs though, need to learn when to go forward and when to stay back. They have not mastered this in that formation at all.

James and King as a partnership are very capable IMO. They can both hold when Knockaerts pushing forward but can support as well. And we'll have 3 centre backs anyway. It's the full backs are a weakness at times.

With the ball at his feet, I've never seen a better play at this level. His issue is his awareness and decision making. He often takes one or two touches too many.

The first part of this is nonsense.

The second part is right, but contradicts the first. Think on.

Knockaert is the most talented player in our squad, without question. He will only improve with experience.

I hope we can hold on to him for the foreseeable.

The lad is still young an unpolished diamond, but with the help of the older players in the squad and with more playing time Knoxkhaert will be able to learn to control his touch learn not to take on too many players and develop his skills even greater ! This is one player I hope we can keep hold of for a long time he has a great future in the game and I've enjoyed watching some of his sublime goals from the so called scorpion goal to Tuesdays superb free kick against Dierby !

Archived