Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Gary Taylor-Fletcher

Last season inexperience cost us big time,so with the likes of Hammond and Fletcher if signed they are players who have done all before...it's much needed,I would rather sign these players than some inexperienced loanee

Spot on.

The Polish defender is in for this exact reason also.

Nigel is adding some vital experience to the squad, and it's just what is needed for me.

Won't be selling many shirt with that name on the back that's for sure!

As many have said bring experience to the squad, is free and won't be on huge wages, so good signing. I think Pearson is looking at his young squad from last year and realising if you have a young team and they start to drop off form and all you've got to turn to as back is more youth it doesn't always work. At times towards the end of last season when we couldn't buy a win the team was screaming out for some experience to come in and calm things down but we just didn't have that, I think the three recent signings have been made to address that problem.

Not match fit, fat, got turned down by Millwall and over 30.

JUST NO!

Most random trial ever.

Looks like a pub team player.

To be fair, he always looked like a slightly chubby pub player, even when he was performing well and consistently at Championship and Premiership level, so I wouldn't worry about that. Energy and mobility were 2 of his good qualities even when he looked like that. His career trajectory also suggests a good attitude and ability to adapt.

He's obviously coming to the end of his career, but if NP thinks he can still add something, not least in terms of experience and attitude, it sounds like a worthwhile gamble.

Is he also the first feminist footballer?! Wiki reckons that he was originally Gary Fletcher but changed it to Taylor-Fletcher to include his wife's surname.

What with the Polish bloke as well, we certainly seem to be targeting 1 or 2 of the more unusual, characterful footballers...

Is that his missus in that picture or us he a big poof with a can and that is just his bezzy mate? As you know I am a big advocate for signing some gays, just look at the German national team, and of course closer to home our fellow friends on foxestalk - MattP, Bilo, Wookie et al. You need some Menergy in the side to be successful! So if GTF is the latter, get the cvnt in!

He had a trial at Millwall and got knocked back... Blackpool played Millwall tonight.

He's on trial with us... we play Blackpool on Saturday.

Hmmm interesting.

he never got knocked back by millwall he turned down there offer as he did at blackpool, still well good enough at this level, and was one of blackpools better players in the prem only 2 seasons ago, had a few injuries last season and he will be a very good addition to your squad, experienced at this level and a very inteligent player, will create plenty of opportunities and will score goals.

he never got knocked back by millwall he turned down there offer as he did at blackpool, still well good enough at this level, and was one of blackpools better players in the prem only 2 seasons ago, had a few injuries last season and he will be a very good addition to your squad, experienced at this level and a very inteligent player, will create plenty of opportunities and will score goals.

Welcome to Leicester, Gary.

Experienced players was the missing ingredient in last years campaign and considering we have little money to spend then I'm all for the likes of hammond, wesliicki? And GTF.

People who are anti are the same are deluded to think we should be spending big.

This must be some kind of sick joke?? we are sitting top of the championship and aiming for promotion this year and are being linked with Gary Taylor Fletcher.

Not even nige would stoop this low. He may have experience but he wouldnt get in my sunday league team and im not just saying that.

This must be some kind of sick joke?? we are sitting top of the championship and aiming for promotion this year and are being linked with Gary Taylor Fletcher. Not even nige would stoop this low. He may have experience but he wouldnt get in my sunday league team and im not just saying that.

You must have a bloody good Sunday league team then! lol

This must be some kind of sick joke?? we are sitting top of the championship and aiming for promotion this year and are being linked with Gary Taylor Fletcher. Not even nige would stoop this low. He may have experience but he wouldnt get in my sunday league team and im not just saying that.

Completely disagree

As somebody said previously, one of the missing ingredients of last season was a few older heads at the club to gee up the young uns when they needed it.

GTF isn't a bad player, has experience of promotion and can help out in the dressing room, so to speak.

It could be an inspired signing by Pearson. He wouldn't have to play every game, but could be a useful squad addition.

sorry but i got slated on here last week for wanting to get nickolas bendtner in on loan from arsenal (providing we pay very small part of his wage or nothin) and the same people are telling me gary taylor flether would be a decent addition.

to be honest if a lower team like yeovil/ sheff wed, who are going to be in for a long season fighting relegation, went in for him i would have raised my eyebrows at that but him coming to us, surely we are not that desperate!!

If its only experience we are after, not quality, then there are far better options!

sorry but i got slated on here last week for wanting to get nickolas bendtner in on loan from arsenal (providing we pay very small part of his wage or nothin) and the same people are telling me gary taylor flether would be a decent addition.to be honest if a lower team like yeovil/ sheff wed, who are going to be in for a long season fighting relegation, went in for him i would have raised my eyebrows at that but him coming to us, surely we are not that desperate!!If its only experience we are after, not quality, then there are far better options!

Bendtner! lol. You prize disabled

Tbf GTF would be a better option to bring off the bench then Waghorn for example or even Wood for that matter because if we want to kill game time then GTF is better at holding the ball up than Wood, he would probably chip in with a goal or two I think if we sign him it will be reminiscent to signing Steve Howard.

Archived