Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Gary Taylor-Fletcher

what dont you understand? as i said in previous post he turned down millwall, it never collapsed he was offered a contract as he was at blackpool, hes been training with sheff wed who are also keen to sign him

as are a few more clubs, as for being fat im pretty sure if you met him in person you would see theres hardly an ounce of fat on him and is very fit, but you seem to know everything about him and his training with

millwall , its a wonder any players sign for you if this thread is anything to go by , talk about pre judging players you know nowt about. he will be a very valuable addition to the squad

Okay fair enough. I have family down in London who support Millwall (distant relatives, honest!) and one of them text me giving me a bit of stick about GTF saying Millwall had turned him down because he was unfit and we were now resorting to him. Maybe it was tongue in cheek then

BTW I simply replied 'Martyn Waghorn' :D

Seriously why are we even considering signing this guy?! If he was still any good Blackpool wouldnt have let him go and he even got rejected by millwall! And whilst we're on the subject, what is the point of this Polish guy? We have Morgan, Moore, Whitbread, and Miquel. Even without St Ledger how are we going to keep all these guys happy? I can see Wenger kicking off soon about Miquels lack of game time too!

Let's look at this one this way. Last season we fell just short (albeit with a very poor run from January onwards), so what we needed to do was keep that squad together and, with subtle improvements, make ourselves that little bit stronger so that we last the distance this year...

For the second half of last season we had striker come winger called Harry Kane. Kane clearly didn't care much for being here, had little experience and had nothing to lose by not being outstanding for us. In place of that waste of space we would get Gary Taylor-Fletcher. A world beater he is not, but an older head, with experience of getting promoted from this league and the hunger to make the most of his few remaining seasons...

Looks like an improvement to me.

Think that the signing of Wasilewski, (and GTF if it happens), are possibly due to an extra aspect.

Decent squad players both of 'em, who will add options should injuries/suspensions kick in later in the season. They, (and Hammond), will hopefully be able to add 'calm heads' should things hit a rocky patch.

Last season, once the Huddersfield and Posh results had backfired, you could see the squad had lost confidence, and with so many kids in there, we just didn't have enough 'been there/done that" experienced players to calm things down and lift heads back up! The experienced players Nigel's signing should help immensely if things start to go 'tits' again!

The 'extra aspect'.....dressing room presence!!  You hear of players being 'good in the dressing room', even if their not picked to play. I understand both Hammond and GTF are both well liked in this respect and would imagine, from what I've seen so far, that Wasilewski is one who can motivate others, even if he himself isn't playing!!

Trust Pearson on this. Think he's realised where we were lacking last term and is aiming to put things right!

Let's look at this one this way. Last season we fell just short (albeit with a very poor run from January onwards), so what we needed to do was keep that squad together and, with subtle improvements, make ourselves that little bit stronger so that we last the distance this year...For the second half of last season we had striker come winger called Harry Kane. Kane clearly didn't care much for being here, had little experience and had nothing to lose by not being outstanding for us. In place of that waste of space we would get Gary Taylor-Fletcher. A world beater he is not, but an older head, with experience of getting promoted from this league and the hunger to make the most of his few remaining seasons...Looks like an improvement to me.

Well said fellas! People were moaning about lack of experience last season and now it looks like we are signing some, people are STILL moaning. GTF is not Pele but he is solid, knows the league, has got out of it and is a good egg from what I hear. Good work Nige.

Seriously why are we even considering signing this guy?! If he was still any good Blackpool wouldnt have let him go and he even got rejected by millwall! And whilst we're on the subject, what is the point of this Polish guy? We have Morgan, Moore, Whitbread, and Miquel. Even without St Ledger how are we going to keep all these guys happy? I can see Wenger kicking off soon about Miquels lack of game time too!

You really are on crack.

obviously you dont read posts or you cant read i seriously give up lol, let me reiterate BLACKPOOL NEVER LET HIM GO AND MILLWALL NEVER REJECTED HIM sigh sigh sigh  offered contracts by both , will re post this later when another none reader posts same nonesense about blackpool letting him go and millwall rejecting him

obviously you dont read posts or you cant read i seriously give up lol, let me reiterate BLACKPOOL NEVER LET HIM GO AND MILLWALL NEVER REJECTED HIM sigh sigh sigh  offered contracts by both , will re post this later when another none reader posts same nonesense about blackpool letting him go and millwall rejecting him

Are you his agent, or GTF for that matter?

Well said fellas! People were moaning about lack of experience last season and now it looks like we are signing some, people are STILL moaning. GTF is not Pele but he is solid, knows the league, has got out of it and is a good egg from what I hear. Good work Nige.

And he likes his pies, for the record I was not moaning just raising an issue and a few signings like this is not a bad thing.

Archived