Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

Blackpool 2-2 City Post Match

Gutting not to see the game out.

Can't complain about a point given that Blackpool are also in good form.

I'm getting pretty sick of Alan Young slagging off Knockaert too. He really hates that 'johnny foreigner' :dry:

I think Alan Youngs got a point though Knockaets too much of as luxury away from home need to go back to 3-5-2 or 4-3-3-

Would've taken a draw at half-time, left the ground disappointed that we didn't win, so a draw was probably fair. First half they were in control, not dominating but had the better chances, but we regrouped at half-time and played much better, Vardy should've scored before our penalty. Konchesky took the responsibility and calmly placed it in the corner. Then came a wonderful strike from King, first-time left foot volley, stunning.

Even after that we seemed comfortable and we getting corners towards the end, before Kasper needlessly gave away a penalty, don't know what he was thinking, madness. Ince put it away and two points gone, could've been worse with Schlupp nearly chipping Kasper into the net but fortunately it went wide.

So, one point away, which I suppose on the back of two home wins isn't too bad, but it could've been better. Certainly our performances and style have been improved this week, and now we head into three league games where we need to take maximum points if possible, certainly six from the next two.

Encouraging second half, frustrating to have been so close to another win.

Just seen the highlights. The blackpool player didnt even present a threat when kasper tried to rush him and get the ball. Too far out snd too narrow an angle on the goal (he also had his back to goal)

Retarded decision.

It was a terrible decision .... like you say, back to goal, marked, narrow angle, with a couple of players still to beat even if he did turn ..... Kasper seemed to have a rush of blood ..... he made the decision to go far far too early and didn't stop.

I love Kasper but this wasn't his finest moment .... he'll make up for it with plenty of point winning performances though.

Just seen the highlights, what the fuck went through Kasper's head?

No need whatsoever! There were about 3 blue shirts around the Blackpool player, there wasn't really any threat there anyway, I don't see why in the world Kasper would do what he did. Unexplainable, almost unacceptable, don't get me wrong he's a great keeper, one of the best in the league, who at times was a 1 man team last year, but he needs to calm down.

Who does Kasper think he is? What was running through his mind?

Monk from Mean Machine? :dunno:

Just seen the highlights, what the fuck went through Kasper's head?

No need whatsoever! There were about 3 blue shirts around the Blackpool player, there wasn't really any threat there anyway, I don't see why in the world Kasper would do what he did. Unexplainable, almost unacceptable, don't get me wrong he's a great keeper, one of the best in the league, who at times was a 1 man team last year, but he needs to calm down.

Who does Kasper think he is? What was running through his mind?

Monk from Mean Machine? :dunno:

Same here, just watched them too and the guy wasn't ever going to control it and there were two defenders moving towards him. Kasper's cost us 2 points yesterday for sure but I'm sure he'll earn that back over the season.

I don't understand why Hammond didn't come on rather than James, surely this was just the scenario he's been brought in for.

Not suggesting it directly affected the result, but it did seem a weird decision to bring on James.  In the 2 previous games Hammond was brought on at a similar stage to help see the match out, and it worked.  Can't see why he opted to send on James instead  - much less experienced and not in the best of form prior to his sending off.

Ah well, onwards and upwards.

Same here, just watched them too and the guy wasn't ever going to control it and there were two defenders moving towards him. Kasper's cost us 2 points yesterday for sure but I'm sure he'll earn that back over the season.

I has already gained us some points this season... even the best goalies make mistakes

You could tell before the throw-in was even taken that Kasper had made his mind up he was going to come out and try and claim the ball. Once he'd started to come for it he had already committed himself at which point it was too late. Absolutely ludicrous from him, it's times like those where his passion and eagerness lead to silly, costly errors.

I think we just about deserved to win on the balance of play but the one bit of quality in the final 3rd was from King. In the 1st half we had numerous opporunities to set up chances but our final ball or shot was appalling, Dyer the worst culprit. He's just not got a clue what to do with a football most of the time. It's a shame because he played well on Tuesday.

Pearson didn't do much wrong for me, I think his subs were spot on and he can't do anything about something like what Kasper did. What a completely brainless thing to do from our goalkeeper. I have no idea what he was thinking. I'm very, very upset with him.

Wes and Moore standout performers again.

Match had it all. Lows of the first half, where we tried to pass ball into net, lost possession in key areas, went a goal down. To the ecstacy of picking it up second half, getting the pen, scoring it! Getting a screamer straight after (crowd went absolutley ballistic). The humour (fancy dress Mario, Hulk, Batman etc) and chanting "is there a fire drill" at them. Then the bizarre, Schmeichel brain freeze moment, and the utter despair and dejection of conceding in the last minute. Other than getting the 3 points, it was a fantastic event!

Archived