Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

Blackpool 2-2 City Post Match

Wait so let's not count headers, play off goals or goals from set pieces and he never scores? And people complained when Beckfords cup goals didn't count.

I could make up a stat like this to make an player in the world look shit... Have.a word with yourself

Strikers are meant to score goals from open play. He has scored none since January. That is absolutely woeful. If he hadn't been taking penalties that's no goals in the league since then. God knows how many games too.

Good point in the grand scheme of things but I'm with the people worrying about our strike force. It echoes of the second half of last season, all bluster but with no end product. Perhaps our current striking options just aren't quite good enough? I certainly think we need another attacking option.

I'd have taken a point before the game.

First half sounded poor again, only to rally after the break.

It sounds like Kasper had a rush of blood to the head, which is a bloody shame cos three points today would have been fantastic.

However, these things happen. That's football.

Overall.. Good point

Good post Col :thumbup: You're the voice of reason this season :P

Give it another read. Not what you quoted but my actual post :)

You posted this...

Worked it out after asking last week. Nugent hasn't scored with his feet from open play since January (If you don't include the playoffs just from open play).

Not great.

I was pointing out that you don't need to exclude the play-off goals because he didn't score either of them with his feet.

You posted this...

I was pointing out that you don't need to exclude the play-off goals because he didn't score either of them with his feet.

I was making the point that apart from the playoff goals he hadn't scored from open play. Probably confused you as they weren't actually open play really now I think about it. Both from set pieces.

I was making the point that apart from the playoff goals he hadn't scored from open play. Probably confused you as they weren't actually open play really now I think about it. Both from set pieces.

Ah, sorry.

I don't understand why Hammond didn't come on rather than James, surely this was just the scenario he's been brought in for.

Would it really have made any difference to the result though?

I mean, James is hardly to blame for the goal we conceded.

Hammond is a calming influence and just seems to know when to get a foot in, on the little I've seen.

I'm not blaming James it's just that I don't see why you'd get Hammond in and then not play him when surely his role is to help out when we're under pressure.

There's only one person to blame for us not getting the points today and that's Kasper.

Blackpool are a disgrace to football. You can see why they will not lose many games at home this season, but the way they go about it is dire to watch. The pitch is tiny, they squeeze the life out of teams and then hoof the ball for 90 minutes. Long throws, free kicks and corners are what they live off. They are a team of 6 foot+ and they are ****ing dirty as well. 1st half we got sucked into playing their game and 2nd half changed it all around and decided to actually play football. Nugent was absolute dross today, should have been substituted earlier.

One could argue that our strike force is not on fire, but do you not agree that the midfield, especially king, has stepped up and delivered so far. Vardy has been exceptional bar scoring, but he's earned pretty much all of the penalties. I'm slightly concerned about the lack of goals from nugent but apart from that, I really can't complain.

Good on Konchesky for stepping up today.

That's exactly the sort of attitude our senior pros should be showing.

We need 3or 4 penalty takers ,keep the opposition guessing but to reflect changes in the game.

What we don't need is confusion as to who takes the penalty when it is given.

Just woke up with a bit of a sore head after a cracking day by the seaside. Had some cockles on the promenade, went to The Manchester for a few drinks and a sing-song. Good game, point was a fair result. Pre-match would have taken a point, and definitely would have with 25minutes to go. Think Kasper had a bit of a rush of blood to the head, but that happens sometimes. Shame we didn't play well after going 1-0 down, seened to knock us for the rest of the half.

Took my mates to their first away game, pretty sure they enjoyed it. Good atmosphere and generally a fun day out. They were more disappointed than me with the late equaliser, but as I explained to them afterards the trick to following Leicester is to always expect the worst - that way you're pleasantly surprised when things go well and never too downbeat when they don't go well.

Archived