Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

Blackpool 2-2 City Post Match

Gutted

Threw away 2 points and top spot there

Still, can't grumble we're 3rd!

QPR will be tops and 2nd is between about 4 teams at the mo...

I don't know whether anyone has noticed. QPR keep on picking up points on the road. That's why they'll win the league IMO.

I'm over the moon with where we are though..

And King is back scoring goals... That's very important to this team.

Keep winning at home and picking points up on the road and we'll be there or thereabouts come May. Just a bit worried that our strikers don't seem to be able to score from open play. Only 2 in the league from 8 games, both from Vardy. I suppose if that stat changes we'll be even stronger.

Agree with this. But it is concerning our lack of cutting edge up front. If we want to be serious contenders this season, then we need one of the strikers to be putting the goals away!! Probably more bothered about Nugent than Vardy tbh.

dont get this "not sure where the goals are coming from" we keep winning penalties for being brought down during a goal scoring opportunity .. had we not been fouled, we would no doubt of buried a couple of these chances. we still scored 2 goals away from home today, however they come, they count. the goals are coming so there is nothing to moan about :doh: . we have scored 6 goals in 3 games that is not a dry spell!

We're starting to get like Palace last season with the amount of penalties were winning

If our season ends the same way Palace's did we'll be laughing.

I referred to our lack of ruthlessness last week and today's result only emphasised the problem. 

Even Youngy talked, yet again, about seeing out the game "professionally" and it is so much crap and effectively got us relegated to Division One once.

The way to see out such games is to effectively seek another goal by closing the opposition down quickly, forcing mistakes and capitalising.

Instead, the moment we went ahead and started to play out time I knew that Blackpool were being invited back into the game.

It's been a false philosophy for years and yet we still don't learn.

What's more it's particularly flawed for us because we don't have the ability to invite teams onto us without making mistakes. Kasper was at fault today but it might just as easily have been Schlupp and on other occasions it's been someone else, often a forward who shouldn't be anywhere near our penalty area.

Even the fans - so much better today in away mode than almost ever they are at home - misguidedly encourage the policy with their talk of being "happy to have taken a point from the start".

Gifting two points like we did today is just the sort of thing that makes the difference between success and failure come the end of the season while being positive and trying to press the play into the opponents' end is exactly what lifts a "nearly" campaign into a successful one.

We're not lacking footballers. We're lacking philosophy. The attitude of mind which destroys wounded opponents.

I'd love to know Pearson's instructions for the last 20 minutes today. And whether they focused on remaining focused on us getting forward and being positive or on keeping possession and playing the game out safely. Cos whatever was said, it wasn't very effective.   

Worked it out after asking last week. Nugent hasn't scored with his feet from open play since January (If you don't include the playoffs just from open play).

Not great.

Both of his Play-Off goals were headers.

Worked it out after asking last week. Nugent hasn't scored with his feet from open play since January (If you don't include the playoffs just from

Not great.

Wait so let's not count headers, play off goals or goals from set pieces and he never scores? And people complained when Beckfords cup goals didn't count.

I could make up a stat like this to make an player in the world look shit... Have.a word with yourself

Archived