Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Derby County 2-1 Post Match Thread

Anyone know what was happening in the Derby end just before half time? A few stewards/police were sorting something out.

Anyways great result, poor 70mins , Bakayoko was really poor, all our passes were going sideways and backwards and it was really annoying. Glad we pulled two back as it really shut the Derby fans up.

Knockaert MOTM - completely changed the game, linked the midfield and attack and got us looking dangerous! Sublime freekick, i didnt think it went in until it hit roof of the net. ABSOLUTE QUALITY. Deserves a place in the first 11 saturday. Now im off to bed. Got some serious sobering up to do !!

i assume tom hopper didn't play too well?

It's only a matter of time until Wasilewski is a first team regular.

Tonight showed the strength of our squad really. I always felt when it wasn't going as planned that we could throw a few of the more established players on and create openings with ease and it happened.

First half we were fairly poor but I suppose that's understandable when so many of the players had never played together before. Bakayogo won't be getting any more opportunities on that showing tonight however, got absolutely torn apart a few times including for their goal. Hopper too looked out of his depth with some fairly naive forward play and an inability to make an impression. I imagine a loan move will follow for both.

When Dyer and Nugent came on we showed Derby up for how poor they really are. They have one class player in Will Hughes and without him they really don't offer a lot. That said, Miquel and Wasi tightened things up at the back and denied them any real opportunities. Wasi had a fine debut; strong, decent in the air, solid tackler but surprisingly composed on the ball. Could quite easily dislodge Moore if he fails to maintain the standards he has set thus far.

The other new players in GTF and Hammond looked a little unsharp. GTF more so but Hammond was breathing heavy at times in the second half!

Knockaert showed his class, the lad's got another level in him at times and hopefully as he gets older he finds how to bring it out on a more regular and consistent basis. Nugent linked things up well and was much more of a presence than Hopper but spurned a golden opportunity.

Nice to keep the Derby never having won at the KP record going. Their support was fairly good (granted they had free travel laid on) but deserved to lose purely for the group of idiots walking down the road singing racist chants pre-match, soon stopped on approach to the stadium where there was a police presence.

Tonight showed the strength of our squad really. I always felt when it wasn't going as planned that we could throw a few of the more established players on and create openings with ease and it happened.

First half we were fairly poor but I suppose that's understandable when so many of the players had never played together before. Bakayogo won't be getting any more opportunities on that showing tonight however, got absolutely torn apart a few times including for their goal. Hopper too looked out of his depth with some fairly naive forward play and an inability to make an impression. I imagine a loan move will follow for both.

When Dyer and Nugent came on we showed Derby up for how poor they really are. They have one class player in Will Hughes and without him they really don't offer a lot. That said, Miquel and Wasi tightened things up at the back and denied them any real opportunities. Wasi had a fine debut; strong, decent in the air, solid tackler but surprisingly composed on the ball. Could quite easily dislodge Moore if he fails to maintain the standards he has set thus far.

The other new players in GTF and Hammond looked a little unsharp. GTF more so but Hammond was breathing heavy at times in the second half!

Knockaert showed his class, the lad's got another level in him at times and hopefully as he gets older he finds how to bring it out on a more regular and consistent basis. Nugent linked things up well and was much more of a presence than Hopper but spurned a golden opportunity.

Nice to keep the Derby never having won at the KP record going. Their support was fairly good (granted they had free travel laid on) but deserved to lose purely for the group of idiots walking down the road singing racist chants pre-match, soon stopped on approach to the stadium where there was a police presence.

The type of bellends who'd no doubt take the moral high ground if we sung about Mick Philpott.

Got to credit their end tonight though. Thought they were excellent noisewise even if they are worse for nicking songs than us.

Anyone know what was happening in the Derby end just before half time? A few stewards/police were sorting something out.

Anyways great result, poor 70mins , Bakayoko was really poor, all our passes were going sideways and backwards and it was really annoying. Glad we pulled two back as it really shut the Derby fans up.

Knockaert MOTM - completely changed the game, linked the midfield and attack and got us looking dangerous! Sublime freekick, i didnt think it went in until it hit roof of the net. ABSOLUTE QUALITY. Deserves a place in the first 11 saturday. Now im off to bed. Got some serious sobering up to do !!

One of their lot was hurt in the goal celebration.

I'm so pleased Pearson finally took this fixture seriously and brought on the better players.

Now we're still in the cup (which, for me is important), we've got another win over the sheep shaggers and we can go into Saturday's game on the back of another victory.

We can now watch the cup draw with some genuine interest and hope for a cracking tie, home or away.

I believe the cups are important personally. It's still not ONLY about money in my eyes. It's having that belief that a trip to Wembley, is not that far away, if we keep having a go. As I said yesterday, if Bradford can do it, so can we... Or at least we can have a fookin good effort trying.

Believe me, the Wembley trip is worth it.

I simply don't get this attitude of having to give up the cups just in case we pick up an injury or two. That can happen in training! Like it did only last Friday with Chris Wood.

:thumbup:

I'm so pleased Pearson finally took this fixture seriously and brought on the better players.

Now we're still in the cup (which, for me is important), we've got another win over the sheep shaggers and we can go into Saturday's game on the back of another victory.

We can now watch the cup draw with some genuine interest and hope for a cracking tie, home or away.

I believe the cups are important personally. It's still not ONLY about money in my eyes. It's having that belief that a trip to Wembley, is not that far away, if we keep having a go. As I said yesterday, if Bradford can do it, so can we... Or at least we can have a fookin good effort trying.

Believe me, the Wembley trip is worth it.

I simply don't get this attitude of having to give up the cups just in case we pick up an injury or two. That can happen in training! Like it did only last Friday with Chris Wood.

:thumbup:

Totally agree Col

For the first hour it didn't look like it was going to happen for us, Bakayogo looked like a pub player, Hopper looked devoid of movement, I mean as a striker looking to cement a place in the open forum that is our frontline at the moment you'd think he'd be up for it, looked pish.

Credit to Pearson with the changes, exactly as the majority of us would have done at half time, class stuff from Knockeart, when he's on it, he really is on it. Impressed by Miguel's coolness on the ball and decent distribution, Wasilewski looks every bit the hardened centre half (a la Taggart) that we could do with.

Decent support for Derby on the night as well but can't wait now to see who we get in the next round.

Just been on their forum. They're moaning about how much we've spent. Just think, one Johnny Russell gets you an Anthony Knockaert...

Bloody hell, 

1 Million

Academy

Free

Loan

Free

£750,000

£500,000 (I think)

Free

Free

Academy

Academy

Is the team that started against them last night, which is roughly what their strike force cost on it's own. 

Bloody hell, 

1 Million

Academy

Free

Loan

Free

£750,000

£500,000 (I think)

Free

Free

Academy

Academy

Is the team that started against them last night, which is roughly what their strike force cost on it's own. 

You're fighting a losing battle mate, other clubs fans can't grasp that the majority of players we blew dough on have all been shipped out at a loss to us. The fact we got tagged with being big spenders before the likes of West Ham, Cardiff, Forest, Reading & QPR means all these teams get applauded for what they do and we're still grossly unfair.

Bloody hell, 

1 Million

Academy

Free

Loan

Free

£750,000

£500,000 (I think)

Free

Free

Academy

Academy

Even our bench consisted of free transfers, an Academy player and three players who we didn't break the bank for,.

Bloody hell, 

1 Million

Academy

Free

Loan

Free

£750,000

£500,000 (I think)

Free

Free

Academy

Academy

That makes for a fantastic viewing.

Someone should post this line-up on a Derby County forum under a neutral pseudonym and let them guess which team it is they played against recently. lol

I assume their fans singing God Save the Queen / Engeerland last night was a racist dig at the multicultural nature of our City?

Thank the lord the Association of Black Lawyers have never heard of Derby County.

I'd rather live somewhere inter-racial than inter-species.  :ph34r:

Archived