Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

10 Games

In all fairness pre season I didn't believe we would make this good a start to the season, I thought we would hang around 6 th place and have a late push second half of the season.

Dream start, didn't have much hope of top two, with the premier league sides that were relegated, but live in hope now, still think it will be the playoff lottery again, but have enjoyed the start and long may it continue.

Well done Pearson and the players, nearly a quarter of the job done, keep it up.

We haven't had that difficult a start to this season at all besides teams like Leeds and Wigan, and arguably Blackburn. Not downplaying our success so far at all but I never understood those who said our start looked difficult. With Barnsley, Yeovil, Doncaster, Bournemouth and Huddersfield, we're currently in the weakest looking set of fixtures in the league (on paper atleast) Predicting we'd only have had 13pts at this stage is very negative

We haven't had that difficult a start to this season at all besides teams like Leeds and Wigan, and arguably Blackburn. Not downplaying our success so far at all but I never understood those who said our start looked difficult. With Barnsley, Yeovil, Doncaster, Bournemouth and Huddersfield, we're currently in the weakest looking set of fixtures in the league (on paper atleast) Predicting we'd only have had 13pts at this stage is very negative

I honestly thought we would have a bit of a hangover from last season, and thought we would have a slow start.

Call it negative but these 'easier' fixtures are the ones we struggled with last season, especially away from home, so I wouldn't say at the start of the season not expecting to be were we are now is negative, conservative maybe.

Yep & we're winning those fixtures clocking up the points

Yet tonight, key rivals Watford & Forest only drew games against teams you'd mark down as winnable... whereas we won our winnable game.

In Nov & Dec we play the likes of Watford, Forest, Reading & QPR... practically in a row.

It's a key time of the season for us that's for sure & will provide us with the best insight of where we are

In the meantime it's vital we clock up wins, which we are doing - By comparison Forest have only won two games in their last seven

Didn't you make a prediction about what would happen after ten games? Care to share it with us again? :P

I can't speak for A S season but I will be honest and say I thought Pearson would have a rocky start and be under pressure or sacked by now.

Very, very happy to be wrong, and I will stand by my comments about the manager last season, as I believe my points were both valid and constructive, but I am pleasantly surprised by the transformation this season, especially with Pearsons all round management, and really hope him and the lads can maintain this.

I fell into the category of a hater last season, but I will always critise when it's warranted, and praise when it's deserved, and this season Pearson and the boys deserve a lot of praise so far.

Again long may it continue.

I can't speak for A S season but I will be honest and say I thought Pearson would have a rocky start and be under pressure or sacked by now.

Very, very happy to be wrong, and I will stand by my comments about the manager last season, as I believe my points were both valid and constructive, but I am pleasantly surprised by the transformation this season, especially with Pearsons all round management, and really hope him and the lads can maintain this.

I fell into the category of a hater last season, but I will always critise when it's warranted, and praise when it's deserved, and this season Pearson and the boys deserve a lot of praise so far.

Don't mind criticism much, it's just that everyone knows ASS has a way of bashing Pearson any way he can and I like to rib him about it. Wasn't even a serious comment by me, trying to humour him.

Yep & we're winning those fixtures clocking up the points

Yet tonight, key rivals Watford & Forest only drew games against teams you'd mark down as winnable... whereas we won our winnable game.

In Nov & Dec we play the likes of Watford, Forest, Reading & QPR... practically in a row.

It's a key time of the season for us that's for sure & will provide us with the best insight of where we are

In the meantime it's vital we clock up wins, which we are doing - By comparison Forest have only won two games in their last seven

I know it seems daft and downright obvious since everyone will have just about played everyone once, but whoever is top at Christmas will go up. If it's us, then we will have to really outdo our run last year to fook it up lol

:scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf: 

Good,for you and well done.  Yes, you are entitled to your opinion.  But it is so nice to see that you are a reasoned person who can adapt your opinion.  

I hope more do the same,by giving credit where credit is due.

The other thing I would like to mention is the league is already starting to split between contenders and everyone else.   The top 7 teams have pulled away from the others and the top 4 have a decent break on 5 and below.  This could be a crucial buffer going further into the season.  I know it is early on but non the less we do have that buffer created by our good performances to date.

Archived