Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dickov22

Nigel Pearson's job here

8th biggest city in the country means we can have certain expectations and as a club we have spectacularly underachieved for 10 seasons.

If by BNET's stupid 'theory' then, yours wouldn't work as we'd only be 8th. It's a complete non-point and it's the last I'm saying on it.

Can't argue with that.

God, the expectation of some of our fans and posters on here is amazingly small. People seem content to drift around in the Championship for over a decade and 'slowly build' lol. Well if ten years ain't slowly I dunno what is.

However, I do generally rate Nige and am still happy he's improving things.

We haven't been building for 10 years/

8th biggest city in the country means we can have certain expectations and as a club we have spectacularly underachieved for 10 seasons.

We're actually 14th, Size of city by diameter means nothing to football.... 

by population we are 14th/15th,

I could own an island that is 400 miles wide, but if there are only 7 people living on it, we won't win anything  :D

I do think it's probably an age thing. Most of us 'older' guys have seen success whereas the younger guys haven't really.

We've seen continuous success under Little and obviously Martin, whereas the last ten years or so, by comparison have been dross.

A great example of this was all the excitement about Sven, which was hugely apparent at the time. Then he went and fooked it up and those who had seen genuinely good City teams, really weren't that surprised.

It's time now for some more success for the club. We've been average, or worse, for long enough.

It was truly exciting for a few games though, that display against Derby was one of the best I've ever seen.

As you say time for more success, we've waited long enough.

I've never understood the arguement that you stick with the present incumbant because those in the past have been worse, for me that just shows we should have sacked quicker in the past.

Hopefully no change will be needed this season and we'll do enough in away games to get promoted.

The way we get promoted would go along way for me in deciding whether or not Pearson then gets offered another contract.

If by BNET's stupid 'theory' then, yours wouldn't work as we'd only be 8th. It's a complete non-point and it's the last I'm saying on it.

Define 'building'?

We have had decent funds, compared to many Championship sides, for years. A huge amount of money when Sven was in charge.

We've been through more managers than I care to mention and wasted more money on rubbish than even I thought we would.

There seem to be lots of excuses being made IMO. But as I said earlier, us older guys did get used to so much better.

Define 'building'?

We have had decent funds, compared to many Championship sides, for years. A huge amount of money when Sven was in charge.

We've been through more managers than I care to mention and wasted more money on rubbish than even I thought we would.

There seem to be lots of excuses being made IMO. But as I said earlier, us older guys did get used to so much better.

IMO,

building a football club stands for;

Faithful owners who stay for a long period of time.

Sticking with the same manager and not changing every few months.

Bringing in YOUNGER players/mixing with youth

Getting the right backroom staff to keep everything happy

Improving every season

We did none of this until nigel got here... 

Unbelievable isn't it, the last 10 years of underachieving don't really count because we wern't actually building for 7 of them.

Did we voluntarily choose to go backwards?

We haven't done much 'building slowly' over the last ten years so it's not entirely correct to say this approach doesn't work. That's what we're saying.

Unbelievable isn't it, the last 10 years of underachieving don't really count because we wern't actually building for 7 of them.

Did we voluntarily choose to go backwards?

No we had 3 owners, about 10 managers, and about 300 players.

Building is not those things. building is having 1 manager, with HIS backroom staff, and HIS team, and letting him BUILD that team over time, tweaking in places. not buying 13 players for silly sums, then sacking the manager after 10 games. 

To 'build' you must go from the bottom up. 

for 7 years, we went down. that is not building. 

Since nigel took the reigns, we have 'Built' 

I think bnet's point is that being 8th would be better tan where we are and that being the 8th biggest city we should definitely be achieving more than we currently are. Don't be too literal.

I could own an island that is 400 miles wide, but if there are only 7 people living on it, we won't win anything  :D

Thanks for those pearls of wisdom.

Where do you get us being 14th/15th from?

Everything I've seen shows us at worst being 10th.

Actually can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading in here.

We are making progress on the pitch while cutting our wage bill to ensure the football club isn't severly punished very soon, we have younger players, better players and ones with a point to prove.

He's doing a great job.

No idea what City size has to do with anything? Look at Birmingham.

It's clear what we're saying. We haven't done much 'building slowly' over the last ten years so it's not entirely correct to say this approach doesn't work.

Harry, they understand what we are saying, but they choose to only read half of the posts, then they choose to take that half, and process half of that post. which results in false accusations.

I.e Implying that we are trying to say claim that Leicester have not been doing anything for 7 years and that we just turned up...

What they fail to realise is that we are actually saying,

That we declined for 7 years under a stupid amount of new owners/managers/backroom staff/players,

But since nigel took over, we have had consistency in those areas, and have been improving since. 

"BUILDING" 

Thanks for those pearls of wisdom.

Where do you get us being 14th/15th from?

Everything I've seen shows us at worst being 10th.

I took the time out to find you this link - (about 20 seconds)

http://www.citymayors.com/gratis/uk_topcities.html

I can find you many more if you like, Not sure how you thought leicester were in the top 10..

remove scottish cities of course.

As i said earlier, im not sure about the size in diameter, but that is irrelevant, population would be the only even slightly relevant thing there. 

Nope we're 8th and the second biggest city with only 1 team, exactly what bnet has claimed.

http://www.lovemytown.co.uk/Populations/TownsTable1.asp

Nope we're 8th and the second biggest city with only 1 team, exactly what bnet has claimed.

http://www.lovemytown.co.uk/Populations/TownsTable1.asp

Crikey imagine what Bradford fans must think being one below us.

Asians don't produce more than a handful of professional footballers so to be fair maybe we should deduct that from our population when it comes to judging things like this for fairness??

Harry, they understand what we are saying, but they choose to only read half of the posts, then they choose to take that half, and process half of that post. which results in false accusations.

I.e Implying that we are trying to say claim that Leicester have not been doing anything for 7 years and that we just turned up...

What they fail to realise is that we are actually saying,

That we declined for 7 years under a stupid amount of new owners/managers/backroom staff/players,

But since nigel took over, we have had consistency in those areas, and have been improving since. 

"BUILDING" 

Are you claiming that the owners of the club chose to knowingly hold us back by changing managers/players etc?

No of course you aren't, all clubs go through change, some move forwards, some move back, you can't just cheery pick the seasons you want when discussing how long we have been out  the top division.

None of it changes the fact we have been out te top division for 10 years and that isn't good enough.

I didnt see Bnet's post, So apologies if that's what he said, (Didnt realise It was based on cities with more than one team  :ph34r:)

P.s that was nearly 3 years ago :)

It isn't based on cities with more than 1 team, it is based on population, we are 8th in size.

This isn't hard, we are 2nd when it comes to cities with only 1 team.

Building is the one thing Leicester haven't been doing over the past 10 years. The only time we've been building was in Pearson's first reign - a lot of his second has been a mix of building with very limited tools and by limited, I mean he has to dispose of a lot of shit tools that only Bolton seemingly want.

I think bnet's point is that being 8th would be better tan where we are and that being the 8th biggest city we should definitely be achieving more than we currently are. Don't be too literal.

Don't be too literal? Given the past few pages I think you're directing that at the wrong person.

We should be, but how can that be pinned entirely on Pearson?

8th biggest city is a stupid comment too when you've got a lot of multi-team cities.

Crikey imagine what Bradford fans must think being one below us.

Asians don't produce more than a handful of professional footballers so to be fair maybe we should deduct that from our population when it comes to judging things like this for fairness??

If you're happy to compare us to Bradford then so be it.

I'm happy to be unhappy at our low standing, I have higher expectations for my team and I'd hope all football fans would.

Excusing our poor performances for 10 years because we had shit managers for most of it isn't good enough.

If you're happy to compare us to Bradford then so be it.

I'm happy to be unhappy at our low standing, I have higher expectations for my team and I'd hope all football fans would.

Excusing our poor performances for 10 years because we had shit managers for most of it isn't good enough.

I was refering to the table, Bradford is one below us in the population league table.

So if we think we should be mid table in the Prem on our city size, so should Bradford, so just imagine how they feel being down in League 2.

Don't be too literal? Given the past few pages I think you're directing that at the wrong person.

We should be, but how can that be pinned entirely on Pearson?

8th biggest city is a stupid comment too when you've got a lot of multi-team cities.

bnets point was that we're 2nd biggest with only 1 team so we're even further underachieving.

It isn't based on cities with more than 1 team, it is based on population, we are 8th in size.

This isn't hard, we are 2nd when it comes to cities with only 1 team.

Well.. It's not hard if you can read...

All UK Towns & Cities in Population Order (2011 Census)   Town Population Status 1 London 8,173,941 City 2 Birmingham 1,085,810 City 3 Glasgow 589,900 City 4 Liverpool 552,267 City 5 Bristol 535,907 City 6 Sheffield 518,090 City 7 Manchester 510,746 City 8 Leeds 474,632 City 9 Edinburgh 468,720 City 10 Leicester 443,760

City

We are in bloody 10th, THIS WAS 3 YEARS AGO!!! the 2013 poll puts us in about 14th! 

Jesus christ.

EDIT:

YOU GAVE ME THE LINK! then claim we are 8th? 

Archived