Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our team spirit is best for years - Leicester City's Paul Konchesky

The spirit within the Leicester City camp is the best it has been for at least three years, defender Paul Konchesky believes.

The former England international, who joined City from Liverpool just over two years ago, says the unity in the squad is the best he has experienced.

1. ​5385945.jpg

Leicester City defender Paul Konchesky, pictured after scoring against Blackpool

He believes that unity will take them a long way this season.

City went into this international break on the back of defeat at Doncaster. Their only other defeat this season came at Charlton just before the first international break and City bounced back from that with a six-game unbeaten run. Konchesky says the belief within the City dressing room is that they can do the same again.

"Up until Doncaster, we had a good run," said Konchesky. "The team look like they are sticking together and there is a good work ethic. You can see it on and off the pitch that the team spirit is good.

"We are all in it together. That goes a long way to success. This is my third year and I would say this season is probably the best it has been. We will keep going and win lose or draw we stick together."

Konchesky said the stability and minimal movement in and out of the squad during the summer has been a factor.

"Maybe the continuity has helped that," he said.

"There weren't many ins or outs. We have all been here at least a year now so we all know each other.

"We have a settled side and a settled manager, and the club is on the way up.

"You need every player to be pulling in the same direction, the ones on the subs bench and the ones not involved. They are all part of the team and we are going to need every one.

"Hopefully, everyone will be involved at some stage.

"We have another tough run of games but if we can all stay fit and stick together, then we will be fine."

Read more: http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-19933572-detail/story.html?#ixzz2hnYPfrjK 
Follow us: @thisisleics on Twitter | thisisleicestershire on Facebook

There was a lot of talking last season and look where that got us, stop the talking paul and keep the form going and prove your all in it together.

So when he's asked questions by journalists  or interviewed he's just meant to sit there and ignore the person?

This is his 3rd season here....

Yes which means he's been here for 2 years not 3 years. If you going to try and be superior, at least get it right. I was picking up on the poor journalism that said 2 and 3 years in the same article. Anyway, not really surprised by this and I'm glad the players are enjoying the atmosphere.

Talking to a bloke on Sunday down the pub who works for the club, he said that Ben Marshall was one of the biggest cvnts at the club. One occasion he pulled up at the training ground opened his car door and threw all his McDonald's rubbish on the floor and told someone "it's your job to clean it up"

He also said a majority of the players were glad to see Neil Danns leave and that he had a terrible attitude.

Vardy apparently is the one who the management & staff are most impressed with. He was staying behind in the summer and working really hard on improving his game. He's also calmed down and not getting into any trouble like he was last year.

Talking to a bloke on Sunday down the pub who works for the club, he said that Ben Marshall was one of the biggest cvnts at the club. One occasion he pulled up at the training ground opened his car door and threw all his McDonald's rubbish on the floor and told someone "it's your job to clean it up"

He also said a majority of the players were glad to see Neil Danns leave and that he had a terrible attitude.

Vardy apparently is the one who the management & staff are most impressed with. He was staying behind in the summer and working really hard on improving his game. He's also calmed down and not getting into any trouble like he was last year.

I though Danns was well liked by a lot of the players? Judging by twitter anyway.

Yes which means he's been here for 2 years not 3 years. If you going to try and be superior, at least get it right. I was picking up on the poor journalism that said 2 and 3 years in the same article. Anyway, not really surprised by this and I'm glad the players are enjoying the atmosphere.

No, YOU get it right, first year here not great spirit, second year here slightly better THIRD year here great team spirit !!  THIRD season  get it ???

No, YOU get it right, first year here not great spirit, second year here slightly better THIRD year here great team spirit !!  THIRD season  get it ???

Wow. It didn't say the best in 3 seasons. It says 3 years. For it to have been 3 years it would then be in the 4th season! 0 years and counting is the 1st year, 1 year and counting is the snd year 2 years and counting is the 3rd year, 3 years and counting is the 4th year. If you read the opening paragraph, it says the best in 3 years but Konchesky has only been here for 2 years. That doesn't make any sense. 

Let me put it in more simple terms, that maybe you'll be able to understand. When you are born you enter into the first year of your life but up until the day of your 1st birthday your age is 0. (nobody get pedantic about measuring a baby's age in months!  lol ) After that you turn 1 and enter into the second year of your life. In the case of Konchesky, he has been at the club for over 2 years and is in his 3rd year. He has not been here for 3 years. Get it??? 

How this has turned from me having a petty swipe at the poor journalism, to people trying to pick up on a mistake I didn't make?  :blink: Even for FT this is bad. Oh and again, don't be so condescending when you are completely missing the point and you don't understand the concept of time  :thumbup:

Wow. It didn't say the best in 3 seasons. It says 3 years. For it to have been 3 years it would then be in the 4th season! 0 years and counting is the 1st year, 1 year and counting is the snd year 2 years and counting is the 3rd year, 3 years and counting is the 4th year. If you read the opening paragraph, it says the best in 3 years but Konchesky has only been here for 2 years. That doesn't make any sense. 

Let me put it in more simple terms, that maybe you'll be able to understand. When you are born you enter into the first year of your life but up until the day of your 1st birthday your age is 0. (nobody get pedantic about measuring a baby's age in months!  lol ) After that you turn 1 and enter into the second year of your life. In the case of Konchesky, he has been at the club for over 2 years and is in his 3rd year. He has not been here for 3 years. Get it??? 

How this has turned from me having a petty swipe at the poor journalism, to people trying to pick up on a mistake I didn't make?  :blink: Even for FT this is bad. Oh and again, don't be so condescending when you are completely missing the point and you don't understand the concept of time  :thumbup:

11/12 season, 12/13 season, 13/14 season.

Been here in three separate years. I don't think we need to get too pedantic about what he means by "three years," safe enough to assume he means the three seasons (and thus three squads) he has seen.

I though Danns was well liked by a lot of the players? Judging by twitter anyway.

Although they do seem it, a lot of them aren't complete idiots. If they disliked Danns they wouldn't make it clear on Twitter.

What Walsh posted up on here is nothing more than one person's word but I find it pretty believable to be honest.

11/12 season, 12/13 season, 13/14 season.

Been here in three separate years. I don't think we need to get too pedantic about what he means by "three years," safe enough to assume he means the three seasons (and thus three squads) he has seen.

Key word here. 'In' 3 years, not 'for' 3 years, that was my point. Konchesky himself quotes it as his 3rd year which means he has been here for 2 years  :thumbup:

I think one of the greatest things Pearson has installed (and installed before during his first spell) is the togetherness and team spirit. You can see it at times, and it's a great thing to see. Also, it's a great positive for players to come out and say it, especially a player as experienced as Konch.

Down the Black Horse no doubt :thumbup:

Archived