Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hinckleyfox

Boro-anyone worried nige might be tempted?

I'd be very, very surprised. I'm not sure, however, that it would be so much stranger than Freedman's move to Bolton, or even McGhee's move to Wolves. He has six months left on his contract here with little prospect of renewal unless we go up; if a club offered him a more lucrative, longer term deal with the promise of funds that he won't have here (not unless we're promoted first) then a lot of managers would be, and have been, tempted down-table.

Now I doubt Boro can offer those things, doubt even more so whether any substance will ever attach itself to this hypothetical... and I know, based on past evidence, that it would be an immense and most probably ill-advised gamble, but we shouldn't simply laugh it off.

Wolves had millions to spend and big crowds. Middlesbrough have neither.

My sources tell me that Top has told Pearson if he wants to leave he can. Pearson has been offered a 3 year contract and the option to take either Shakey or Walsh he can't take both which is why the appointment is being delayed.

sounds like its coming from The Horses Arse

I don't think he'd be tempted and I think it would take alot for him to walk out on any job. I think he'll stay until he's sacked or felt that he's not wanted.

There's a slim chance he has a real love of Boro though - I'd not realised he was quite as successful there ......

Middlesbrough manager Bryan Robson signed Pearson for £750,000 in 1994. Pearson captained them to promotion twice and to three domestic cup finals. Pearson retired from playing in 1998.[1]

Alright lad big update, Pearson doesn't want to go but he wants a contract with the club to ensure that he's there for next season if he doesn't get it then he's off to the boro' #itk #givingyouupadtesbytheminute 

Is this in jest??

It wouldn't surprise me at all to be the case.

I doubt Palace will sack Holloway.

I don't think Mourinho could save them from relegation to be honest.

If they have any sense, they will stick with who they have, go down, take the parachute payment and come back up again.

They could do this with Holloway, just as with anyone else, I reckon.

:P

What a baffling decision that was to go to Bolton, still don't get it.

In a word. Money.

I now think Pearson is doing a great job for us with the squad he has put together. But money could have been the reason why he returned to us from Hull?

If Middlesbrough were in the playoffs or something, I'd worry a bit more. As it is, I just don't see it being an issue.

I'd be more concerned if Dave Jones got the sack from Wednesday if I'm honest, Pearson's loved up in Sheffield, still lives there and Mandaric might fancy a crack at getting him in. Even that's pretty unlikely though.

You really think Pearson would work for Mandaric again?

Archived