Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hinckleyfox

Boro-anyone worried nige might be tempted?

Pearson asked Hull for permission to speak to us once Sven got the sack. We didn't go looking for him, he came looking for us once the circus had left town. He never wanted to go to Hull in the first place.

There is no way that Nigel Pearson would be stupid enough to request talks with another club if he had no indication that they wanted him. He'd basically have been throwing his job at Hull away for nothing. Of course we went looking for him.

There is no way that Nigel Pearson would be stupid enough to request talks with another club if he had no indication that they wanted him. He'd basically have been throwing his job at Hull away for nothing. Of course we went looking for him.

We showed an interest in wanting him back yes, he didn't exactly need much convincing lets put it that way

Guest seanfox778

I'd like to think that Nigel is determined to get us promoted this season and even a Sunderland (when they were looking) or Palace job in the prem wouldn't tempt him. I don't think he'll leave us by choice. I think he enjoys his job a lot here, that's just my opinion from interviews and stuff.

I'd like to think that Nigel is determined to get us promoted this season and even a Sunderland (when they were looking) or Palace job in the prem wouldn't tempt him. I don't think he'll leave us by choice. I think he enjoys his job a lot here, that's just my opinion from interviews and stuff.

If Pearson was offered a job in the Premier League this early in the season then I imagine he'd be gone. He's always talking about English managers 'having to take a side up' if they want to manage in the Premier League, but if one came knocking then I find it very difficult to believe he'd stay here. It's incredibly difficult to take a side up to the Premier League and, as we've seen before, often requires a bit of luck in the play-offs. If the opportunity arose a sensible manager would ditch us and head for the top tier.

Common knowledge a run of 3-4 losses on the bounce and NP is a goner.

Think if the money's right, he would go to MBoro.

I doubt he came back to us out of love for the club, money talks, no loyalty in the game, that goes for fans, players and staff.

Sad but true.

"Common knowledge" lol

In the hollusinations club, aye.

Not having a go mate but you don't have a clue really.

Love you too mate :)

I'm not claiming to be in the know or anything, I took that from an interview he did not so long ago. I'd link it but I literally have no idea where it was now. He made it pretty clear that he came back for more than just a pay rise though. Was pretty blatant he forced the move from Hull, and that he wasn't happy there, and Hull were not happy about him leaving either. Thought it was pretty common knowledge he never wanted to leave in the first place as well.

Think if the money's right, he would go to MBoro.

I doubt he came back to us out of love for the club, money talks, no loyalty in the game, that goes for fans, players and staff.

Sad but true.

Thats the problem with living in sunny norfolk we don't get the mockery every night.

So any chance some of you could pull up ur socks and post these stories from the mockery so we all know.

If Pearson was offered a job in the Premier League this early in the season then I imagine he'd be gone. He's always talking about English managers 'having to take a side up' if they want to manage in the Premier League, but if one came knocking then I find it very difficult to believe he'd stay here. It's incredibly difficult to take a side up to the Premier League and, as we've seen before, often requires a bit of luck in the play-offs. If the opportunity arose a sensible manager would ditch us and head for the top tier.

I think you're spot on.

Can't believe what I'm reading.

Middlesborough - shit squad, no money, shit town, massive rebuilding job needed. No prospect of promotion for a while. Comparison to Bolton last year is ridiculous.

Sheff Wed - even shitter squad and rebuilding job needed, even less money. Add in Mandaric and it's the full package of "no thanks" from Nigel.

I think there might be a headbutt in there somewhere...

Music to my ears.

We can now all rest in the knowledge that Big Nigel is here for at least the season.

This isn't all as daft as it sounds because I think nigel will be gone at the end of the season no matter what. If we dont go up the owners will think hes had his time and will want to try someone else and if we do i reckon they'll be wanting a big name. Just an opinion.

This isn't all as daft as it sounds because I think nigel will be gone at the end of the season no matter what. If we dont go up the owners will think hes had his time and will want to try someone else and if we do i reckon they'll be wanting a big name. Just an opinion.

I don't think you actually believe that, it's just a case of you wanting to think that he'll be gone so you go ahead and say it anyway because you want to believe that you'll be rid of him soon.

Reminds me of religious people, they choose to believe in God, not through evidence (which clearly contradicts their beliefs) but because it makes them feel happy.

He'll be given the start of the season if we go up.

A few defeats and he'll be gone, but let's get there first.

Why would i want him gone if we went up?

I don't think you actually believe that, it's just a case of you wanting to think that he'll be gone so you go ahead and say it anyway because you want to believe that you'll be rid of him soon.

Reminds me of religious people, they choose to believe in God, not through evidence (which clearly contradicts their beliefs) but because it makes them feel happy.

Plenty of people seem to think that should we get promoted that big money will be thrown at the club in an attempt to ensure survival.

If we wanted to attract big name players then Pearson may not be the right manager for that role.

Only trouble is 'big name players' doesn't always work. 

Plenty of people seem to think that should we get promoted that big money will be thrown at the club in an attempt to ensure survival.

If we wanted to attract big name players then Pearson may not be the right manager for that role.

It really depends on the clubs strategy Southampton approach or a Palace approach we will have to wait and see.

Only trouble is 'big name players' doesn't always work. 

True but they probably work more times than they don't and it would certainly help in the premier.

If the owners have 'big plans' for us then 'big names' will be part of that and it would certainly help with selling us in Asia.

Big names aren't going to want to come here unless the money is big, regardless of who the manager is.

Archived