Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leicester vs Derby Moved For TV (again!)

Yeah i suppose, i think it's also certain our away game in Burnley in march will be moved! 

Notice we don't get many away games on a friday?

No I can't remember the last time we had one, suppose the Pompey thrashing was the most noticeable.

Why are people trying to completely disregard this rivalry now?

it's pretty obvious they pick it because it's two big clubs who are about 30 miles apart. Whether some of you want to completely dismiss it as a rivalry or not. It IS and always will be a local derby. 

Because it's not a big rivalry. There is some rivalry, no doubt about it, but we're both secondary rivals to each other (and that's up for debate too IMO).

The odd one is fair enough, but that's six times in seven league meetings now. It's completely over the top for what really isn't a great fixture.

Because it's not a big rivalry. There is some rivalry, no doubt about it, but we're both secondary rivals to each other (and that's up for debate too IMO).

The odd one is fair enough, but that's six times in seven league meetings now. It's completely over the top for what really isn't a great fixture.

I think it depends on your vintage. I started watching us in the Little years, when we didn't play Forest because they were way ahead, and then immediately way behind us. Whereas we played Derby a lot, fought for similar league placings and had some crucial, interesting games against them, (including my first trip to Wembley). For my generation, Derby's the big one.

Also, over the last 8-10 years or so the quality of the game has been really high. An early goal and I can always feel four coming along.

Not that this means it should be moved, by any means, but I'd dispute that the match is not a great fixture. I can't think of many more in this league that produce better games...

I think it depends on your vintage. I started watching us in the Little years, when we didn't play Forest because they were way ahead, and then immediately way behind us. Whereas we played Derby a lot, fought for similar league placings and had some crucial, interesting games against them, (including my first trip to Wembley). For my generation, Derby's the big one.

Also, over the last 8-10 years or so the quality of the game has been really high. An early goal and I can always feel four coming along.

Not that this means it should be moved, by any means, but I'd dispute that the match is not a great fixture. I can't think of many more in this league that produce better games...

From a Leicester point of view it's a lovely fixture but from a neutral, it's a local game that happens to be very one-sided results wise.

Granted, I totally take what you say about generations - I'm only 20 and there's never really been any huge controversy between the two sides, all I can really remember was the one minute silence which their fans sang through and blamed ours for.

Any rivalry that's got anything about it does not see one side take under a thousand away to the other. It's a small rivalry IMO.

From a Leicester point of view it's a lovely fixture but from a neutral, it's a local game that happens to be very one-sided results wise.

Granted, I totally take what you say about generations - I'm only 20 and there's never really been any huge controversy between the two sides, all I can really remember was the one minute silence which their fans sang through and blamed ours for.

Any rivalry that's got anything about it does not see one side take under a thousand away to the other. It's a small rivalry IMO.

We played each other for years, having been promoted and relegated together. Was a big game (and we had a poor record back then) and certainly one to look forward to, even when we played the top sides regularly.

I think their lack of ambition/ change in philosophy has diluted the enthusiasm on their side, we still take good numbers to Pride Park.

It's good preparation for when we get promoted, win the league cup, compete in the Europa League next season, finish in the top 4 on goal difference, win our play-off and draw Real Madrid in our group of the champions league during the 2015/2016 season! We are massive, we're going places ;)

This WAS a big derby back in the Premier league heyday. I used to hate Derby back then.  Now though, well I'll let the head-to-head record since we got back out of League 1 do the talking: 7 won, 1 drawn, 2 lost.  I'm obviously going to jinx it now, but City-Derby almost seems a forgone conclusion, rivalries are supposed to have a competitive edge and that's why City-F***** is easily our biggest rivalry these days.  It's a nice feeling to know we're better than the sheep, but it's hard to take them seriously as rivals in anything other than proximity anymore.

Archived