Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DanTheMan

In the spirit of getting psyched about Forest on Saturday...

I watched in on Sky Sports news, in my house at uni, everyone else revising for exams. Went absolute ballistic in the lounge when the goal went in, and proceeded to ply "Fire" as loud as my speakers would go. At the end of the game I walked down the high street in my Leicester shirt with a massive grin on my face. Go stopped by a guy in a Aresnal shirt who said half his family were city fans and he done exactly the same it his house. Magical day. 

Thought the exact same.

The highlights don't do the celebrations any justice in the slightest. The away end was complete carnage.

I've always thought the celebrations looked shit on tele. My mate who supports cobblers who was with me in the away end couldn't believe the celebrations!

Guys,

Glad to see we all have fond memories of the madness of that afternoon in May! I didn't expect this thread to blow up like it has, haha!

It brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it now. I'd ran the scenario of how we would beat Forest and make the play-offs in my head for weeks before, never believing we'd actually make it.

Listened to it with my dad and I can remember our reactions to everything. It was a surreal day, unlikely to be surpassed in many ways.

I'd done the same, I'd been having dreams in the couple of weeks beforehand which at the time seemed fanciful (beating Forest away, needing another result to go our way, etc)... Little did I know that not only would that be the case, but that we'd manage it in the most dramatic way possible!

I can remember running circles in my bro's living room while he and my Dad were jumping about screaming in delight. My bro's GF hid in the kitchen and let us all calm down before coming in! Interestingly, my brain now associates ham and cucumber sandwiches with LCFC/feelings of joy since my bro's GF made us them for lunch at halftime!

I was so f**king lucky just went to Nottingham not expecting to get a ticket or anything, then some very kind City fan gave me his spare ticket and the rest is history.

similar stor to me, that morning i hashtagged lcfc and somebody had put 'anybody want a forest ticket, i'm selling one as my dad is ill' or something along those lines. I must of been the first person to see it. Messaged him straight away, met up at the club shop in Nottingham (i lived next door to the pub by the ground anyway) and charged me face value. Couldn't thank him enough for the experience he gave me, i was so so lucky to be there and will never forget 

I was in my local boozer listening to the radio stream on my phone. I had it on loudspeaker so everyone could hear it - the landlord had refused to put the radio on.

Hardly anyone was bothered (Man UTD 'fans' etc) apart from this middle aged bloke. When Knockaert scored we both went absolutely nuts, running around the pub and hugging random people. Some fella on the fruit machine was scared half to death when we both erupted with cheers.

I don't remember much after 4/5 o'clock.

Great day.

Sitting right behind the goal it seemed to take an age for it to go in. As Knockaert was running with it I was shouting shoot, then Wood had it I was shouting shoot.

Then the Forest fans started cheering making out Bolton had scored, everyone around me was going on there phones trying to find out. Absolute chaos when the final whistle went and the players came running over.

:thumbup:

Magic

My mate was working in KFC at the time, he kept checking his phone and then once Knocky had scored he naturally went mental. His boss said keep celebrating and we will send you home, needless to say he was at mine with a beer in hand 20 minutes later.

I've always thought the celebrations looked shit on tele. My mate who supports cobblers who was with me in the away end couldn't believe the celebrations!

Was honestly disappointed lol thought it'd be one of the best you'll ever see but it wasn't close. Bastard camera man.

Can't see it being beaten as a celebration from a Leicester point of view but you just never know with us. I thought that was the most extraordinary thing I'd seen at a football game yet it was bettered 8 days later.

Think that video is a bit staged myself, cant see why anyone would be recording that unless they knew something was gonna happen.

Bert, I can assure you it wasn't staged as it's me in the video! My girlfriend basically recorded the last 20 mins or so on her iPhone, I didn't have a clue she was doing it and before I knew it all my friends were messaging me saying 'your going viral on facebook!'

Trust me I wouldn't go to the trouble of re inacting it, I was too busy getting merry lol

Bert, I can assure you it wasn't staged as it's me in the video! My girlfriend basically recorded the last 20 mins or so on her iPhone, I didn't have a clue she was doing it and before i know it all my friends are messaging me saying 'your going viral on facebook!'

Trust me I wouldn't go to the trouble of re inacting it, I was too busy getting merry lol

lol

She is a keeper.

'foxforce5' is being is making himself look like an idiot on their forum, saying stuff like 'we never class you as rivals', 'we are going to batter you on saturday' and all this, please stop is as it makes us look stupid, i don't like to think that Leicester fans are like that. As mentioned before, we will end up shooting ourselves in the foot if we are not careful 

Archived