Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
norfolkfox222

comparison to last season

This afternoon sitting here bored at work and missing football and still a little gutted from the Forest result I thought id see how we compared with results from last season, I matched up the 3 teams who went up with the 3 who went down;

Wigan - Cardiff

Reading - Hull

QPR - Palace

and the 3 who come up with the 3 who went down

Doncaster - Peterborough

Bournemouth - Wolves

Yeovil - Bristol City

So far we have 12 points more from the results against the same teams last season which is a great improvement.

The only game where we have lost 1 point is the Forest (h) game but with Ipswich away and Millwall at home coming up, who in both games last season we suffered 1-0 defeats, its a great chance to build up more points than that of last year.

If in the remaining games we match last years results it would put us on 80 points which is 1 more point than 2nd place Hull got last season so the signs are good.

In reality we know its not as simple as that and truthfully this is rather pointless but its a good marker of where we are at & hopefully after theses 2 games we can be 18 points better off than last season.

Up the blues 

It's a benchmark the team seem to have set themselves. It'll be interesting to see where we are at the turn of the year and all fixtures thereafter. That'll be the main telling point to see if we've learnt our lessons from last year.

Despite the Forest loss, we have to think about how well we've done so far and where we are - 2nd in the league and have only lost 3 games all season. Maybe that's why I got over the Forest loss fairly quickly.

We've got an immensely tough run in December - Burnley, QPR & Reading just a few of the fixtures in that month. And not to mention Man City. The squad will be tested but with the confidence high and the spirits seemingly fairly positive around the club, I think we will come out of all those individual tests with some success.

To me the biggest factor in our improvement, is that Pearson has drastically enhanced his decision making, on an all round basis, with his choice of tactics having vastly improved. Also he appears to come over better as a person, media wise.

Well done to him, thus far.

Good post, but you can't attribute the improvement all to Pearson. The younger players are another season on.. Now with more experience which is crucial. And some of them have upped their game... Drinkwater being the best example perhaps.

I think we look better both on and off the pitch.

We won the 17th game of last season 6-0 (Ipswich) ... I think we are due hammering another team but something tells me our home fortunes against Millwall will have to change significantly for that to happen on Saturday. 

If we do beat them at home Saturday, I'll quietly start to believe this could actually be our year.. but very quietly as a long long way to go !

No point comparing this season with last until February.

We were top 2 contenders, winning games and playing good football from the beginning of the season until then, and this season has started the same way. We only need one difference from last season, and that will be how we address, arrest and turn around the Championship's token bad run when it comes to our door.

8 points better off thant 2012.

7 points ahead of 4th.

10 points ahead of 7th.

It's all looking good for now!

But still not top.my point being its a tighter league this season (i think) and more competitive.

I can't help thinking we'll flop again as theres always a team who fades away. Cardiff did it for about 3 years before breaking their duck. The question is, would our owners carry on with Pearson again when the moronic fans are back calling for his head? Probably not.

We won't flop it would take something very drastic behind the scenes for that too happen.

You have to factor in NP is out off contract he won't accept losing matches because his future depends on promotion.

He wouldnt ever accept a defeat last season included. No team intends to flop or lose games it just happens. There doesnt have to be a reason for it either. That's just how football goes.

Archived