Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Banks

Gary Taylor Fletcher

There's a thread about Knockeart,Nugent and Vardy as well. People are discussing how he played last night, which is the point of the forum. 

I thought he had crap game but that doesn't mean he can't have a good game next time.

So nothing specific then....

So nothing specific then....

Okay, by the time I got in the stadium the game was just kicking off, I didn't even realise he was playing until about the 40th minute, he was part of an attack that didn't have a shot on goal in the first half. Pearson must have thought similar because he took him off at halftime and we improved when Vardy replaced him.

Now that's not a personal attack, none of our players looked world beaters but he was totally ineffective  last night.

GTF's hold up play will be useful against the bigger slower teams (we are one of the few teams packed out with pacey players). He hasn't had to much opportunity yet so I wish people would give him more of a chance. He still has his part to play and reckon he will chip in with 3-5 goals by the end of the season which would be a decent return for an impact sub.

I think writing a player off because of a bad game against Man City in his first start is a bit harsh. Still wouldn't be disappointed if he started over Nugent this weekend.

On my part, its not after one game.

Like I said about Beckford (and got slated for it) I dont think GTF is good enough for a team aiming for top two.

I said that after seeing him play twice... and maintain what I said.

I simply cant see him offering much of a goal threat.

Like I said about Beckford (and got slated for it) I dont think GTF is good enough for a team aiming for top two.

Maybe, just maybe, Pearson sees an 'older head' who's got experience of getting out of this division (like Hammond) and who has a role to play in taking some  of the pressure (and pitch-time) off our hard-working front line (no, I'm not joking).

Beckford was signed to be a first choice striker, GTF was signed to be 4th or 5th choice. Hardly a great comparison.

He is also primarily used as someone to try and hold the ball up and bring others into it, and not to be a big goal threat.

The guy was clearly a good footballer, and still shows glimpses of that. It would have been better to have him a few years ago, but then we probably couldn't have afforded him. We had no money to spend in the summer and needed a fourth/fifth choice striker.... pickings I'd imagine were limited.

Beckford was signed to be a first choice striker, GTF was signed to be 4th or 5th choice. Hardly a great comparison.

He is also primarily used as someone to try and hold the ball up and bring others into it, and not to be a big goal threat.

The guy was clearly a good footballer, and still shows glimpses of that. It would have been better to have him a few years ago, but then we probably couldn't have afforded him. We had no money to spend in the summer and needed a fourth/fifth choice striker.... pickings I'd imagine were limited.

Trouble is GTF has now become a third choice striker with Wood injured.

He was no better than a lower league striker, mid table Championship at best, when he was younger and fit, now he's 32 and quite clearly a few pounds heavier, he's even worse.

Don't get me wrong he has some ability but he is not good enough for a promotion chasing club, baffled when we signed him, baffled that he's getting game time. Totally bizare to me. 

Not to mention I struggle to respect a man who agrees to take on his wife's name when he gets married, grow some bollocks man.

He was no better than a lower league striker, mid table Championship at best, when he was younger and fit, now he's 32 and quite clearly a few pounds heavier, he's even worse.

Don't get me wrong he has some ability but he is not good enough for a promotion chasing club, baffled when we signed him, baffled that he's getting game time. Totally bizare to me. 

Not to mention I struggle to respect a man who agrees to take on his wife's name when he gets married, grow some bollocks man.

5 goals in 22 Premier League games is pretty impressive for a lower league, mid-table Championship side at best striker.

Clearly, Pearson should have consulted you on his ability before signing him. 

5 goals in 22 Premier League games is pretty impressive for a lower league, mid-table Championship side at best striker.

Are you his mother or something? 5 posts in thread defending someone who was subbed at half time? People disagree, get over it.

Sorry? Is 5 goals in 22 games meant to be a good return? For a striker?

The posts get ever more bizarre?

Sorry? Is 5 goals in 22 games meant to be a good return? For a striker?

The posts get ever more bizarre?

Manwell Pablo Quote - 'He was no better than a lower league striker, mid table Championship at best, when he was younger and fit'.

5 in 22 in the Premier League isn't that bad for someone of the above description.

Manwell Pablo Quote - 'He was no better than a lower league striker, mid table Championship at best, when he was younger and fit'.

5 in 22 in the Premier League isn't that bad for someone of the above description.

So what? If thats his best return, thats not what the club needs. And he's now older and looks even less likely to score goals.

Sometimes Pearson comes up with an anomaly. Last season it was Harry Kane. This season its GTF.

City have been crying out for a very good striker, at this level, for ages. Many thought it would be Wood (no pun intended). I'm not sure and he appears to pick up injuries all too often. Vardy is energetic but misses too many

Nugent is the best one currently, but again misses too many.

Fryatt has been the best striker we've had for God knows how long.

We really are crying out for a striker who, more often than not, knows where the goal is.

Burnley have found another gem in Ings, QPR have Austin. Reading have Sharp.

This may well be the difference between going up or not this season.

The club now needs an in-form, sniffer of a striker to take us to the next level.

Sarcasm doesnt become you Babs.

Please try harder..

:P

Sarcasm is why I do best, I tone it down a bit on here!!

For what it's worth I agree we need a finisher, I just think it's easier said than done under the circumstances.

We tried for Sharpe yesrs back and he said no, we've probably tried for many others also.

Archived