Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Banks

Gary Taylor Fletcher

Everytime I've seen him he's held the ball up well. Brighton and Watford are prime examples.

Tonight the strikers got no service from the midfield. Even 5live said the strikers shouldn't have many complaints because of the lack of service.

From what I've seen so far his strengths are his touch and his ability to hold the ball up. His weaknesses are his fitness and his mobility.

For me, that means that if we're chasing a game or playing someone much stronger than us he shouldn't be started. Chucking him on for the last 10 or 15 minutes to provide some nous and experience in helping us see out a game that we are winning is fine. Starting him or putting him on when we need a goal is not.

Everytime I've seen him he's held the ball up well. Brighton and Watford are prime examples.

Tonight the strikers got no service from the midfield. Even 5live said the strikers shouldn't have many complaints because of the lack of service.

Will people stop banging on about 'how well GTF holds the ball up'!

Hes a striker for fooks sake... lol

And his goal threat is basically nil.

That said, Nugent tonight was pants as well.

From what I've seen so far his strengths are his touch and his ability to hold the ball up. His weaknesses are his fitness and his mobility.

For me, that means that if we're chasing a game or playing someone much stronger than us he shouldn't be started. Chucking him on for the last 10 or 15 minutes to provide some nous and experience in helping us see out a game that we are winning is fine. Starting him or putting him on when we need a goal is not.

From what I've seen his strengths are his touch. His weakness is absolutely everything else. Some signings simply don't work out. You can't win them all.

So long as we don't keep wasting our time waiting for the day he sets the league on fire, I'm fine with that.

He's certainly better as an impact player, but lets not slag him off before he's had a real chance.

I dont want to slag him off, I simply think we can do much better. It makes NO sense to me that we started GTF over Schlupp tonight. If Kompany has any weakness, its a very slight lack of pace. Schlupp could have given him a better challenge in this respect.

GTF v Kompany was frankly, laughable.

Bizarre decision IMO.

I just fail to see what he offers as a STRIKER. We need a prolific goal scorer upfront, not someone who can occasionally hold the ball up but cant score. I don't think Ive ever seen him have a shot. And yes he didn't get much service, but he needs to be able to create his own chances. Could you imagine GTF running from the half way line and scoring like vardy did the other week. Could you bollocks! He'd suffer a coronary by the time he reached the box.

Archived