Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Banks

Gary Taylor Fletcher

So what? If thats his best return, thats not what the club needs. And he's now older and looks even less likely to score goals.

Sometimes Pearson comes up with an anomaly. Last season it was Harry Kane. This season its GTF.

City have been crying out for a very good striker, at this level, for ages. Many thought it would be Wood (no pun intended). I'm not sure and he appears to pick up injuries all too often. Vardy is energetic but misses too many

Nugent is the best one currently, but again misses too many.

Fryatt has been the best striker we've had for God knows how long.

We really are crying out for a striker who, more often than not, knows where the goal is.

Burnley have found another gem in Ings, QPR have Austin. Reading have Sharp.

This may well be the difference between going up or not this season.

The club now needs an in-form, sniffer of a striker to take us to the next level.

Correct...We don't seem to score enough scrappy goals, tap-ins. We miss someone who has the ability to be a 6 yard box poacher.  A Cottee, Dickov and Connolly spring to mind.

Sarcasm is why I do best, I tone it down a bit on here!!

For what it's worth I agree we need a finisher, I just think it's easier said than done under the circumstances.

We tried for Sharpe yesrs back and he said no, we've probably tried for many others also.

I do know what you mean to be fair.

I dont only mean recently, I think weve struggled in that department for years (even when we had money), what with Beckford et al.

JET could be the answer but Nige is STILL digging his heels in and not signing him!!

:angry:

I do know what you mean to be fair.

I dont only mean recently, I think weve struggled in that department for years (even when we had money), what with Beckford et al.

JET could be the answer but Nige is STILL digging his heels in and not signing him!!

:angry:

Ha ha one day!!

When you think of the money we've spunked up the wall on strikers. At least £8m on Beckford, Waghorn, Vardy, Yakubu loan, Wood.

Correct...We don't seem to score enough scrappy goals, tap-ins. We miss someone who has the ability to be a 6 yard box poacher. A Cottee, Dickov and Connolly spring to mind.

I still insist we don't actually create that many tap in type chances.

Ha ha one day!!

When you think of the money we've spunked up the wall on strikers. At least £8m on Beckford, Waghorn, Vardy, Yakubu loan, Wood.

I still insist we don't actually create that many tap in type chances.

Maybe we don't notice it as much as there is nobody in that 'poacher' position in the first place.

Got a better first touch than any striker at this club/level. Admittedly one would hope he lays off the mince pies this Christmas, but as someone who can keep the ball in an attacking area - particularly in the last 15 minutes, he's perfect.

5 goals in 22 Premier League games is pretty impressive for a lower league, mid-table Championship side at best striker.

Clearly, Pearson should have consulted you on his ability before signing him. 

That's one season (not to mention your using 5 Premier League goals and a strike rate of less than one in four as a serious defense lol)

Why don't you have a look at the other 15 odd years he's been playing professional football before attempting to look clever.

That's not what I was saying but you know that, I am making a comment about a players ability which last time I checked is exactly what a place like this is for. 

That's one season (not to mention your using 5 Premier League goals and a strike rate of less than one in four as a serious defense lol)

Why don't you have a look at the other 15 odd years he's been playing professional football before attempting to look clever.

That's not what I was saying but you know that, I am making a comment about a players ability which last time I checked is exactly what a place like this is for. 

Similar to Nugent's one season in the Premier League where he scored 6 Premier League goals in 33 matches with a strike rate of 1 in 5.5 games...

He did ok. I'm still not convinced he offers a lot though. It's not like we kept hold of the ball much or scored again.

He was responsible for creating a good chance for Nugent, and slipped a nice ball through for another ... he is a good player to bring on, could do with dropping a couple of stone though

Did well when he came on today. Did exactly the job Pearson's brought him here to do.

Well done GTF!

Showed some guile today, hopefully it rubs off on Schlupp because he looked lost.

i thought he influenced play in  the final third nicely when he came on , got the shit-bag Barton off too which secured the win really ...well done gtf

Do people genuinely believe that Taylor Fletcher has been bought here to score 20 goals a season or something?? lol

In a nutshell!!!

Archived