Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jfox

Barnsley Away

Still waiting for my tickets to arrive !! (in Royal Mail we trust !! :unsure: )

Looks like we're taking a good following for a School night !!

Got a feeling im gonna have no voice come Wednesday morning !!

"We're Leicester City... We're top of the League"

Trying to way up whether to drive or go on train, anybody off hand know the train times back?

According the thetrainline, the last train back is 21:03. Anything after that won't get you back into Leicester until 5:30 due to having to change at Nottingham and Sheffield. 

There's a leisure centre they usually send us too. I don't know what's in Barnsley town though

Thanks,   just found this info online

"Neil Tubby a visiting Norwich City fan, recommends the Dove Inn on Doncaster Road. This pub which is listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide, is an outlet for the Old Mill Brewery. It is only a five minute walk away from the ground down Oakwell Lane and is happily frequented by both home and away fans. Further along Doncaster Road (on the right after the Primary School on the left) is the Barnsley East Dene Working Mens Club, which is happy to admit visiting supporters (including accompanied children) without entry charge. You can also leave your car there at a cost of £1.50. Kevin Downsworth a visiting Hull City fan adds; 'The Barnsley East Dene Club was very welcoming to us as away fans for a pre-game pint. Handy parking too and only about a ten minute walk away from Oakwell'.

Gary Holding a visiting Blackburn supporter adds; 'A few minutes walk from the away end is the Metro Dome - an all in one leisure centre, which has a bar inside which serves good food and ale'. Drinking in the town centre is generally not recommended, especially near the Bus & Train Stations, although on my last visit I had a hassle free pint (or two) in the Joseph Bramah (Lloyds No.1) Wetherspoons in the centre of town, but I should point out that I wasn't wearing colours. Alcohol is available in the away end in the form of Carlsberg bottles (£3.40), when the whole stand is allocated to away fans"

Metro dome sounds fine to me, Sheffield after the game..

Archived